> mindless damage, car windows smashed
x2lls
post May 9 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 511

QUOTE (richy rich @ May 9 2010, 06:22 PM) *
More than one BMW in the world, maybe ? if my car had been bollarded ( great word, even describes a good night out). I would not rant about it on a forum, that clearly knows that the bollards go up and down between 10 and 6.

My point is that when, for all we know, a genuine mistake was made by someone who just happened to be in a BMW, the response was a generalisation that BMW owners are all the same. Yet when a BMW owner says his vehicle has been attacked, a completely different view is displayed. Sounds like hypocrisy to me. And, as a BMW owner, I found said responses offensive, to say the least.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roost
post May 9 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31

Problem is x2, that it's not a valid comparison.

One is purely down to the mindless actions of others while t'other, genuine mistake or not is down to the individual actions of the car owner.

Ps, shoulda bought a Ford....!
laugh.gif

--------------------
Roost

Welcome to the jungle....

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 9 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (x2lls @ May 9 2010, 07:39 PM) *
My point is that when, for all we know, a genuine mistake was made by someone who just happened to be in a BMW, the response was a generalisation that BMW owners are all the same. Yet when a BMW owner says his vehicle has been attacked, a completely different view is displayed. Sounds like hypocrisy to me. And, as a BMW owner, I found said responses offensive, to say the least.

Try the survey on the bottom right here

+Quote Post
richy rich
post May 9 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 841

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 9 2010, 08:42 PM) *

I was glad when Top gear rated Audi's the worst car on the road, replacing the BMW, I am the worst BMW driver, staying on the inside lane trying to keep my mpg at 80 not my mph.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post May 9 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 9 2010, 08:42 PM) *

You really can't label people by the car they drive. The reason 'makes' get labelled is because that is usually the only recognisable connection between drivers when an incident occurs. Take the middle lane hoggers. You make all sorts of assumptions about the driver, but you will almost always be entirely wrong. Like being surprised when you meet someone you have only ever had telephone conversations with.

The survey is rubbish, it simply offers a list of different manufacturers.
Do you really think that the make of vehicle has a direct bearing on the drivers attitude?

There was no comparison in the comments made in the bollarding topic, they were simply stating that 'BMW' drivers had a certain attitude.
By that logic, eventually after every make of car had been damaged by the bollard system there would be no make of car excluded from such comments. So, that would only leave the common denominator, EG the person behind the wheel.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 9 2010, 09:08 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (x2lls @ May 9 2010, 09:44 PM) *
You really can't label people by the car they drive.

The survey is rubbish, it simply offers a list of different manufacturers.
Do you really think that the make of vehicle has a direct bearing on the drivers attitude?

I think it was only meant to be a bit of fun! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post May 10 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 846

Since 2007 we have had 3 cars damaged, one of them severally enough to be written off at a loss to us.

There has been other damage in our area to include a bus shelter destroyed, a neighbors fence damaged, and one of our christmas decorations stolen and burned on a nearby school fence.

Fair enough in the last 6 months things have quited down quite a bit, but we have spoken to every clerk, councillor, police officer, etc we could to see if a CCTV cam could be put up, but sadly the finger pointing is amazing.

It's no different to when we had the snow this past winter. A lot of talk, not enough action, and we the taxpayers inconvenienced.

Phil D

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post May 10 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ May 10 2010, 02:06 PM) *
Since 2007 we have had 3 cars damaged, one of them severally enough to be written off at a loss to us.

There has been other damage in our area to include a bus shelter destroyed, a neighbors fence damaged, and one of our christmas decorations stolen and burned on a nearby school fence.

Fair enough in the last 6 months things have quited down quite a bit, but we have spoken to every clerk, councillor, police officer, etc we could to see if a CCTV cam could be put up, but sadly the finger pointing is amazing.

It's no different to when we had the snow this past winter. A lot of talk, not enough action, and we the taxpayers inconvenienced.

Phil D

Everytime I come up against ASB I e-mail Richard Benyon so that it is on file. If enough of us keep him informed of what is going on at grass roots level he can't say he was unaware odf the situation and maybe, just maybe he will get something done.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post May 10 2010, 03:12 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

QUOTE (Bloggo @ May 10 2010, 02:14 PM) *
Everytime I come up against ASB I e-mail Richard Benyon so that it is on file. If enough of us keep him informed of what is going on at grass roots level he can't say he was unaware odf the situation and maybe, just maybe he will get something done.

Think that is a good idea. But we have to decide what can be done. IMHO I think do the crime pay the time whatever your age. Human Rights cannot be a defence, nor can poverty. We all know decent, law abiding people who were poor as kids. We need to get back to an age where crime was punished, respect and rights are earned.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 10 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Jayjay @ May 10 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Think that is a good idea. But we have to decide what can be done. IMHO I think do the crime pay the time whatever your age. Human Rights cannot be a defence, nor can poverty. We all know decent, law abiding people who were poor as kids. We need to get back to an age where crime was punished, respect and rights are earned.

I'm afraid their are too many 'do-gooders' around that want to forgive crime because of a person's circumstances.

We all have choices in life and if you choose to commit crime in my opinion you should be punished accordingly. And that includes alcoholics and drug users.

+Quote Post
HJD
post May 10 2010, 04:55 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 322

QUOTE (GMR @ May 8 2010, 09:52 PM) *
Even if they had no CCTV where you lived they must have had it at Tesco's. Also bet they knew who it was, even though they couldn't prove it.

Presuming Tesco's CCTV was working at the time. unsure.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 05:10 PM