IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A bunch of charmers cause misery to millions of Londoners, according to a charmer whose government caused misery to many on DB
Andy Capp
post Sep 8 2016, 02:45 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/home/19...s-backlash.html

A less than contrite Richard Benyon's MP said: "From my office window I couldn't see who was demonstrating. All I could see was a Unite banner and there were more police than demonstrators. To claim that I was criticising the disabled is both untrue and ridiculous."

Perhaps we have too many police too, but the Monster Raving Tories are trying to do something about that as well, it seems? tongue.gify
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
newres
post Sep 9 2016, 05:19 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

I suspect his attitude would have been different if they were disabled veterans protesting.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Sep 9 2016, 02:52 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Sep 8 2016, 03:45 PM) *
http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/home/19...s-backlash.html

A less than contrite Richard Benyon's MP said: "From my office window I couldn't see who was demonstrating. All I could see was a Unite banner and there were more police than demonstrators. To claim that I was criticising the disabled is both untrue and ridiculous."

Perhaps we have too many police too, but the Monster Raving Tories are trying to do something about that too it seems? tongue.gif

Obviously his conservative councils have not made enough cuts to benefits yet if they can afford transport to reach protests?

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Sep 9 2016, 03:06 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Sep 9 2016, 03:52 PM) *
Obviously his conservative councils have not made enough cuts to benefits yet if they can afford transport to reach protests?

Quite so, and Andy's observation about the Police budget!

I'm surprised he didn't suggest Unite should volunteer and do their own Policing... laugh.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:10 AM