MontyPython
post Feb 24 2014, 09:26 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,755

I see the leader of the council has made the following comments

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/2014/council...ion-cash-threat

“If the community of Hungerford keeps resisting the things we want to do we will listen to them – we will go away and spend that money somewhere else.

In other words do as we want or we won't spend your money on you!

Democracy WBC style!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sherlock
post Feb 24 2014, 09:57 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,467

Typical tory bully boy tactics of the kind we see time and time again from Dave "Flashman" Cameron in Westminster. Thankfully if Hungerford's voters don't like what Mr Lundie is doing they can take their votes elsewhere when he and his cronies have to submit themselves to the electorate next year. By then, of course, Scotland will have voted for independence and we'll be able to repatriate Lundie. Meanwhile throw another fag on the fire.

+Quote Post
Lolly
post Feb 24 2014, 10:16 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,763

QUOTE (Sherlock @ Feb 24 2014, 09:57 PM) *
Typical tory bully boy tactics of the kind we see time and time again from Dave "Flashman" Cameron in Westminster. Thankfully if Hungerford's voters don't like what Mr Lundie is doing they can take their votes elsewhere when he and his cronies have to submit themselves to the electorate next year. By then, of course, Scotland will have voted for independence and we'll be able to repatriate Lundie. Meanwhile throw another fag on the fire.

Gordon Lundie is the 'other' Councillor for Lambourn.

Hungerford's councillors are Paul Hewer and James Podger - both Conservatives and both in support of the scheme.

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Feb 24 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Lolly @ Feb 24 2014, 10:16 PM) *
Gordon Lundie is the 'other' Councillor for Lambourn.

Hungerford's councillors are Paul Hewer and James Podger - both Conservatives and both in support of the scheme.

and presumably in support of these bully boy tactics - or are they going to voice their concerns at his remarks.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Feb 24 2014, 11:20 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

Again, indicative of the contempt in which they hold the taxpayers and voting public, probably use the money to prop up an opera house somewhere.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 25 2014, 10:02 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Yes, rather odd coming from the local head honcho for the party with so much to say about similar interventions in the Ukraine. At least we know what Big Society now means; society will agree or we'll wield the big stick!

Come on Hungerford, know your place.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
gel
post Feb 27 2014, 03:13 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

The WBC Great Leader exhibits childish petulance & clearly considers these millions to be his to spend as he sees fit,
b!!!!!r the tax paying serfs.
Appalling disregard for the voters.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Feb 27 2014, 06:49 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

[quote name='On the edge' date='Feb 25 2014, 10:02 AM' post='92118']
Yes, rather odd coming from the local head honcho for the party with so much to say about similar interventions in the Ukraine. At least we know what Big Society now means; society will agree or we'll wield the big stick!

Come on Hungerford, know your place.

Us Plebs must learn that the Supreme Leaders know just what is best for us! Just because it is our money and they are Public Servants we just can't go around not understanding they know what is best for us! rolleyes.gif

Just like Dannyboy and User have been trying to get across to us all this time. tongue.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Feb 27 2014, 07:55 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

It seems that Mr Lundie has revised his petulant outburst and has let Hungerford know that £1m allocated will not be affected as it was agreed pre election. I don't know about the other £1.4m though. He did add in his statement that " John O’Gaunt has some of the lower educational achievement levels in the district, so doing nothing is not an option.”

Just goes to show how irritated they get when things don't quite go their way which is quite rare of course. Reading between the lines, the two heads appear to have changed their minds about the way they want to operate their schools but is that a bit of a misunderstanding by WBC because they hadn't listened. Who knows.

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Feb 27 2014, 07:57 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (Sherlock @ Feb 24 2014, 09:57 PM) *
Meanwhile throw another fag on the fire.

Are you allowed to say that......

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Feb 27 2014, 08:16 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

I agree.
PubSkul ...moi...63-68.
We WoZ named scum.
Arsk Palin.
Cold barves,B4 Divinity & then B/fast.

I had a great time!
Loretta

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 27 2014, 11:07 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Nothing Much @ Feb 27 2014, 08:16 PM) *
I agree.
PubSkul ...moi...63-68.
We WoZ named scum.
Arsk Palin.
Cold barves,B4 Divinity & then B/fast.

I had a great time!
Loretta

....and presumably a good thrashing did you no harm either! laugh.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Sherlock
post Feb 28 2014, 03:10 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,467

It's always good to see a bully grovelling and Mr Lundie, massive bully that he undoubtedly is, is certainly grovelling. If our local Tories have any sense (sadly, I see no evidence of that) they'll ditch him at the earliest opportunity.

No doubt West Berks' Libdems are hugging themselves over this but they have no reason to be smug. Their local leader is also a notorious bully. Isn't that right, Libdems?

I wish we had a viable alternative to the Coalition's terrible twins. Labour are a joke, locally at least, so the only possibility is to give some independents the balance of power: people who aren't slaves to their party's yokes or to characters like Lundie and Brooks. (Both of whom, I note, are tonsorially challenged: is this a coincidence?)

Step forward Mr Kirby (let's hope)! Who else is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice?

+Quote Post
Lolly
post Feb 28 2014, 06:49 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sherlock @ Feb 28 2014, 03:10 AM) *
It's always good to see a bully grovelling

Have I missed something? Seems to me he's still blustering.

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Feb 28 2014, 08:05 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 258

QUOTE (Sherlock @ Feb 28 2014, 04:10 AM) *
It's always good to see a bully grovelling and Mr Lundie, massive bully that he undoubtedly is, is certainly grovelling. If our local Tories have any sense (sadly, I see no evidence of that) they'll ditch him at the earliest opportunity.

No doubt West Berks' Libdems are hugging themselves over this but they have no reason to be smug. Their local leader is also a notorious bully. Isn't that right, Libdems?

I wish we had a viable alternative to the Coalition's terrible twins. Labour are a joke, locally at least, so the only possibility is to give some independents the balance of power: people who aren't slaves to their party's yokes or to characters like Lundie and Brooks. (Both of whom, I note, are tonsorially challenged: is this a coincidence?)

Step forward Mr Kirby (let's hope)! Who else is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice?

When Mr Lundie became leader, my mind was open-he'd ttaken a poison chalice, one which I wouln't dare. However, I'll present 2 of my observations & leave others to judge.
1. WB recently authourized the pumping of an underground river directly linto Lambourn's drains, which ultimately ends up in the already over flowing River Lambourn; they said it would reduce the flood risk to local properties (none more local than Mr Lundie's personal residence). The affect on the river level would apparently be nominal....pumping an underground river through a 6 inch pipe for weeks...noominal effect? However, at least 1 property in the village has been flooded for 2 wks+ & Mr Lundie has been nowhere near....not so much as a sandbag.
2. As Leader of a council, Mr Lundie has made such remarks about John O Gaunt School & has possitively failled them further by further starving the school of finances because they won't bow to his bullying. Ask yourself this. Was he ever going to fund the catchment school for his children whilst he sends them out of WB for education? Call me sceptical if you like, but if other councils offer so much better facilities, move there & become their leader....if they'll have you.

+Quote Post
Lolly
post Feb 28 2014, 08:52 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rachel @ Feb 28 2014, 08:05 AM) *
Ask yourself this. Was he ever going to fund the catchment school for his children whilst he sends them out of WB for education?

Perhaps that's why he's not aware of the anti-bullying policies of the Hungerford Schools....

http://www.hungerford.co.uk/index.php/live...-o-gaunt-school

Nice to know that RB has such high regard for Hungerford though ( right of page) even if the Leader of the Council doesn't!

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Feb 28 2014, 11:31 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rachel @ Feb 28 2014, 08:05 AM) *
1. WB recently authourized the pumping of an underground river directly linto Lambourn's drains, which ultimately ends up in the already over flowing River Lambourn; they said it would reduce the flood risk to local properties (none more local than Mr Lundie's personal residence). The affect on the river level would apparently be nominal....pumping an underground river through a 6 inch pipe for weeks...noominal effect? However, at least 1 property in the village has been flooded for 2 wks+ & Mr Lundie has been nowhere near....not so much as a sandbag.

I wonder if he will declare that on his "register of interests" ?

Probably conveniently not!

+Quote Post
Jay Sands
post Feb 28 2014, 05:58 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 894

Mr. Lundie is not the only WBC councillor notable for his absence. We live next to the River Lambourn in Newbury and have had two submersible pumps on 24/7 and one petrol pump working intermittently to remove flood water and to keep any more water from our house since 7 February. Fortunately, we have only had about three inches of water across the whole of the ground floor and the electricity is still on in half the house. Neighbours on the other bank of the river have not been so lucky. At the moment the river level shows no signs of going down and we have no idea when the groundwater will eventually reach a level where it will stop flooding under the house and we can turn the pumps off.

Marcus Franks and Paul Bryant are our local councillors, one of whom lives only about 140 metres from us. We have yet to see or hear from either of them. No doubt they will appear to do some glad-handing when the next local elections are due in 2015.

To give our local MP, Richard Benyon, his due, he did come around during the first week of flooding to see if we were okay.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:41 AM