IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

34 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Donald Trump, I sought of hope he wins...
Turin Machine
post Apr 11 2018, 06:55 PM
Post #441

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 11 2018, 07:18 PM) *
Doomed. We are all doomed....🇷🇺

I don't see why? just get jeremy and his cohort to pop over to Moscow, have a nice cuppa tea, maybe a beetroot sandwich, sorted!!

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 11 2018, 07:02 PM
Post #442

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Apr 11 2018, 07:55 PM) *
I don't see why? just get jeremy and his cohort to pop over to Moscow, have a nice cuppa tea, maybe a beetroot sandwich, sorted!!

Jeremy is about as relevant as beetroot. I do think this war will get 🔥. Would suit putin and trump to have a none nuclear exchange to fire up the populous. Whats a few dead servicemen? Never stopped em before...

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 11 2018, 07:06 PM
Post #443

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Clearly we need Patsy Blair back to help Uncle Sam when he whisltles.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Apr 11 2018, 07:10 PM
Post #444

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 11 2018, 08:02 PM) *
Jeremy is about as relevant as beetroot. I do think this war will get 🔥. Would suit putin and trump to have a none nuclear exchange to fire up the populous. Whats a few dead servicemen? Never stopped em before...

You obviously don't understand. Corbyns the man to sort this, take Putin for a trip to Libya, show him the error of his ways, ask him if he wouldn't mind not supporting the dictatorship. I mean, don't you get it? It's so easy after all. Nothing to it. Go Jezza!

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 11 2018, 07:30 PM
Post #445

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Apr 11 2018, 08:10 PM) *
You obviously don't understand. Corbyns the man to sort this, take Putin for a trip to Libya, show him the error of his ways, ask him if he wouldn't mind not supporting the dictatorship. I mean, don't you get it? It's so easy after all. Nothing to it. Go Jezza!

Corbyn wouldn't vote for war if everyone in Salisbury was gassed by Novivchok and Putin admitted it. Not that I am that keen to get drawn into a war where we are fighting a secular country so it can be dismantled for the hard line Islamists to reclaim...

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 11 2018, 07:51 PM
Post #446

Advanced Member

If the reported view of Theresa May is right, whatever the merits of Jeremy Corbyn, I suspect that given our recent experiences, any other Prime Minister would be rather more circumspect at the moment. With modern communications Parliament can be recalled almost immediatley; it would not be wise to preempt or take such decisions on her own.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 11 2018, 08:02 PM
Post #447

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (On the edge @ Apr 11 2018, 08:51 PM) *
If the reported view of Theresa May is right, whatever the merits of Jeremy Corbyn, I suspect that given our recent experiences, any other Prime Minister would be rather more circumspect at the moment. With modern communications Parliament can be recalled almost immediatley; it would not be wise to preempt or take such decisions on her own.

Agreed.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 11 2018, 10:31 PM
Post #448

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

My impersonation Of Putin;

"I din do nuffin!"

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Apr 12 2018, 07:03 AM
Post #449

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

Putting prejudice to one side, should we risk a war based on ‘most likely’.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 12 2018, 07:08 AM
Post #450

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Apr 12 2018, 08:03 AM) *
Putting prejudice to one side, should we risk a war based on ‘most likely’.

In one word no. Say we kill Assad? Who replaces him? Seems odd that as the civil war is now just about over we now decide to intervene. Its almost as if some people need wars to sell arms....

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 12 2018, 07:41 AM
Post #451

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 12 2018, 08:08 AM) *
In one word no. Say we kill Assad? Who replaces him? Seems odd that as the civil war is now just about over we now decide to intervene. Its almost as if some people need wars to sell arms....

Agreed.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 12 2018, 08:41 AM
Post #452

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

Why do we, (of the royal variety), have to get involved in other peoples disagreements? This is not a good guy versus bad guy conflict anymore than a threat to the rest of the world, but a dictator trying to control his country against those who wish to replace him with their own dictatorship. It is not nice to see children being subjected to such horrors but this is not going to stop if the USA choose to rain cruise missiles down on the area. Indeed, as shown in Iraq, the locals will then turn their collective anger against the "new" enemy and the west will have another Afghanistan on their hands.
Then of course we have the home grown sympathisers of the opposing factions who no doubt will express their allegiance in the time time honoured manner.
Then there is russia, a regime that would quite happily engage in a third world war just because they can. The end may well be nigh but why do we have to give it a helping hand? angry.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 12 2018, 10:28 AM
Post #453

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 12 2018, 09:41 AM) *
Why do we, (of the royal variety), have to get involved in other peoples disagreements? This is not a good guy versus bad guy conflict anymore than a threat to the rest of the world, but a dictator trying to control his country against those who wish to replace him with their own dictatorship. It is not nice to see children being subjected to such horrors but this is not going to stop if the USA choose to rain cruise missiles down on the area. Indeed, as shown in Iraq, the locals will then turn their collective anger against the "new" enemy and the west will have another Afghanistan on their hands.
Then of course we have the home grown sympathisers of the opposing factions who no doubt will express their allegiance in the time time honoured manner.
Then there is russia, a regime that would quite happily engage in a third world war just because they can. The end may well be nigh but why do we have to give it a helping hand? angry.gif

Quite agree. One also wonders why we don't make more use of the UN to voice our concerns, a much better and more credible option.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 12 2018, 11:26 AM
Post #454

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 12 2018, 08:08 AM) *

We made that mistake in Iraq, still, can't let the use of chemical weapons go unpunished, and if Russia is behind it, and they probably are, they can't get away with it either.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 12 2018, 12:21 PM
Post #455

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 12 2018, 12:26 PM) *
We made that mistake in Iraq, still, can't let the use of chemical weapons go unpunished, and if Russia is behind it, and they probably are, they can't get away with it either.

But why us? The days of empire and sending a gunboat up the proverbial are long gone and we are now a smallish pawn in world politics. Putin is more than willing to waste 20 million of his own people to prove a point because that is what bullies do, are we prepared to suffer the same because we disagree with his actions? The UN is about as effective as a plastic beaker in a bottle fight and unless they are ALL prepared to stand up against him then once again he will think he's invincible. Remember the "big" players like the US and China do not have the best of human rights record and any action would be driven by an alternative agenda.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 12 2018, 08:01 PM
Post #456

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 12 2018, 01:21 PM) *
But why us? The days of empire and sending a gunboat up the proverbial are long gone and we are now a smallish pawn in world politics. Putin is more than willing to waste 20 million of his own people to prove a point because that is what bullies do, are we prepared to suffer the same because we disagree with his actions? The UN is about as effective as a plastic beaker in a bottle fight and unless they are ALL prepared to stand up against him then once again he will think he's invincible. Remember the "big" players like the US and China do not have the best of human rights record and any action would be driven by an alternative agenda.

Quite happy to let Macron ruin his career. Over to you France!👍

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 13 2018, 12:35 AM
Post #457

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 12 2018, 09:01 PM) *
Quite happy to let Macron ruin his career. Over to you France!👍

Quite frankly, I don't give two hoots what happens. Wanna let Assad keep using chemical weapons? Fine. Want to bomb him back to the stone age? Fine. Just have a plan and stick to it. Want to start WW3? Fine, who cares.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Apr 13 2018, 08:13 AM
Post #458

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 13 2018, 01:35 AM) *
Quite frankly, I don't give two hoots what happens. Wanna let Assad keep using chemical weapons? Fine. Want to bomb him back to the stone age? Fine. Just have a plan and stick to it. Want to start WW3? Fine, who cares.

Odd that you seem to care more about people who like politicians you don’t.

+Quote Post
regor
post Apr 13 2018, 09:29 AM
Post #459

Advanced Member

Member No.: 236

Funny old thing this Syria business. I know there are supposed to be "Good Rebels" and "Bad Rebels" but I am not sure they are different people, just the same guys who are "Good" on weekdays and "Bad" at the weekend. Some two or three years ago we shippped some arms to the "Good Rebels" only to find that within a short time the arms had mysteriously come into the "Bad Rebels" possesion.

So now we plan to intervene again against the Syrian Government. Basically this means supporting ISIS and its offshoots.

Are we really sure this is a good idea?

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 13 2018, 10:04 AM
Post #460

Advanced Member

You mean it's a bit like supplying arms, funding and training to the afghans in order for them to fight the Russians then being surprised when the same weapons, funding and experience are used against us? I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

+Quote Post

34 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:10 PM