> Robberies and affrey in Newbury
Bofem
post Aug 13 2010, 02:54 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 924

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 12 2010, 05:51 PM) *
So, I'd hazard a guess that TVP see Newbury as a sleepy backwater.

I believe the answer may lie on page 13 of this week's NWN.

Story 1: Newbury court may close down due to lack of 'business'.
Story 2: PCSO organises fun day in Turnpike.

Either these PCSOs are a brilliant secret weapon who have unintentionally caused a courtroom closure...OR...police are too busy organising fun days to bring to do the job they're paid for (no, not dressing up as police officers, but to assist fullfat coppers on low level crime and disorder).

PS The lad who's constantly begging to "borrow your phone" has a town centre ASBO, but of course Dougie at Maidenhead CCTV isn't to know that is he.

Anyway, can't we get back to naff pubs? A certain retired police sergeant who spent 10 years trying to stop Wetherspoons opening in town is now the bouncer of the charming Diamond Tap. Fancy that!

--------------------
Newbury's #1 ill-informed internet poster
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post Aug 13 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

QUOTE (Bofem @ Aug 13 2010, 03:54 AM) *
Anyway, can't we get back to naff pubs? A certain retired police sergeant who spent 10 years trying to stop Wetherspoons opening in town is now the bouncer of the charming Diamond Tap. Fancy that!

I noticed that too. Each time Wetherspoons put an application in he stopped it. Some may say hypocrite, but I could not possibly comment.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 13 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

He also managed to block a friend of mine from opening a bar in Barts Street.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 13 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Bofem @ Aug 13 2010, 03:54 AM) *
I believe the answer may lie on page 13 of this week's NWN.

Story 1: Newbury court may close down due to lack of 'business'.
Story 2: PCSO organises fun day in Turnpike.

Either these PCSOs are a brilliant secret weapon who have unintentionally caused a courtroom closure...OR...police are too busy organising fun days to bring to do the job they're paid for (no, not dressing up as police officers, but to assist fullfat coppers on low level crime and disorder).

PS The lad who's constantly begging to "borrow your phone" has a town centre ASBO, but of course Dougie at Maidenhead CCTV isn't to know that is he.

I agree with you. It is easier to organise a fun day than trying to catch criminals.

The idea of the fun day was supposed to bring the community together, but the criminals and people who cause anti social behaviour are left to get on with their crimes. If the police really want to bring the community together then they should try catching the criminals first instead of playing games.

I've lived on the estate for 30 years and crime has increased fantastically lately. People are scared to go out of their homes after dark, or go near the shops where gangs monopolies the area.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 13 2010, 08:54 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 13 2010, 08:42 PM) *
I agree with you. It is easier to organise a fun day than trying to catch criminals.

The idea of the fun day was supposed to bring the community together, but the criminals and people who cause anti social behaviour are left to get on with their crimes. If the police really want to bring the community together then they should try catching the criminals first instead of playing games.

I've lived on the estate for 30 years and crime has increased fantastically lately. People are scared to go out of their homes after dark, or go near the shops where gangs monopolies the area.

GMR - you've got it all wrong. This is all about efficiency - if you have most of the 'community' in one place at one time - then the criminal fraternity can get far more done; without any interfearing old bill. Means having all your crime on one day - commit one do two others and stay free! laugh.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 13 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 13 2010, 09:54 PM) *
GMR - you've got it all wrong. This is all about efficiency - if you have most of the 'community' in one place at one time - then the criminal fraternity can get far more done; without any interfearing old bill. Means having all your crime on one day - commit one do two others and stay free! laugh.gif

Didn't I say that in a roundabout way? laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Aug 13 2010, 09:35 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

blinkered again! To the best of my knowledge magistrates only sit for criminal and driving matters twice a week and are always full. So perhaps the lack of business could be coming from the other courts that sit at newbury. But hey this logic doesnt bash the police so could never be a possibility! wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 13 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Aug 13 2010, 10:35 PM) *
blinkered again! To the best of my knowledge magistrates only sit for criminal and driving matters twice a week and are always full. So perhaps the lack of business could be coming from the other courts that sit at newbury. But hey this logic doesnt bash the police so could never be a possibility! wink.gif

Ease up... You shouldn't be so sensitive on here... and after all, you are the old bill. laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Aug 14 2010, 09:52 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 13 2010, 08:42 PM) *

Scared to go to the One Stop? I'm not.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 14 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Aug 14 2010, 10:52 AM) *

I didn't say I was, I often go there... but because i do I know how bad it is up there.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Aug 14 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 14 2010, 11:51 AM) *
I didn't say I was, I often go there... but because i do I know how bad it is up there.

I didn't say you were either.

You did post that 'People are scared to go out of their homes after dark, or go near the shops where gangs monopolies the area'

I find that hard to believe.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 14 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

I've become more scarred; I've often been 'mugged' when I've gone to some of the bars in Newbury. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 14 2010, 01:43 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Aug 14 2010, 02:26 PM) *
I didn't say you were either.

You did post that 'People are scared to go out of their homes after dark, or go near the shops where gangs monopolies the area'

I find that hard to believe.

I can only go by what I see and what people on the estate have told me. I am sure there are others who have no problems.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 14 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Aug 14 2010, 10:52 AM) *

I'm sure your not. This is probably an assumption - but a big strapping lad in the prime of life wouldn't be would he? However, like GMR I know several people who would think twice before walking through a pack of feral stood around in the semi darkness, using foul langage and acting tough. No matter how many of those responsible got keeping order suggest they aren't like that when you get to know them. Frankly I don't want to and why the heck should anyone else. This used to be and still is loitering.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 14 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 14 2010, 05:05 PM) *
I'm sure your not. This is probably an assumption - but a big strapping lad in the prime of life wouldn't be would he? However, like GMR I know several people who would think twice before walking through a pack of feral stood around in the semi darkness, using foul langage and acting tough. No matter how many of those responsible got keeping order suggest they aren't like that when you get to know them. Frankly I don't want to and why the heck should anyone else. This used to be and still is loitering.

I agree; ones ability to defend ones self should be neither here nor there. The situation shouldn't exist in the first place.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 19 2010, 05:14 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

I regret to see another report of an 'underpass' robbery! sad.gif

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article...articleID=14309

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 19 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

I know of other people who have had trouble walking under the Robin Hood roundabout. I advice anybody to go across the main road rather than use the underground. I've seen people hang around down there. That is what I also told my daughter to do.

+Quote Post
gel
post Aug 19 2010, 06:48 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 19 2010, 07:23 PM) *
I know of other people who have had trouble walking under the Robin Hood roundabout. I advice anybody to go across the main road rather than use the underground. I've seen people hang around down there. That is what I also told my daughter to do.

These underpass scum should be in fear of apprehension by Old Bill, who's local station is of course within spitting distance.
And be in fear of the consequences of being found guilty ie hard time in jail.

Usual defence will be offered up no doubt by their taxpayer funded lawyer of there being nothing to do in Newbury, which is society's fault, came from a troublesome home etc etc.

ACTION?

BRING ON THE GUARDIAN ANGELS, NEWBURY CHAPTER.

Oh no I was dreaming..silly me.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 19 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (gel @ Aug 19 2010, 07:48 PM) *
These underpass scum should be in fear of apprehension by Old Bill, who's local station is of course within spitting distance.
And be in fear of the consequences of being found guilty ie hard time in jail.

Usual defence will be offered up no doubt by their taxpayer funded lawyer of there being nothing to do in Newbury, which is society's fault, came from a troublesome home etc etc.

ACTION?

BRING ON THE GUARDIAN ANGELS, NEWBURY CHAPTER.

Oh no I was dreaming..silly me.

I agree, but because the law is so weak those stalkers feel that they can roam easily without any fear of waking up the coppers from their stupor.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Aug 19 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 19 2010, 08:02 PM) *
I agree, but because the law is so weak those stalkers feel that they can roam easily without any fear of waking up the coppers from their stupor.

A crime like this would take all of 60 seconds to commit. Please explain how you would go about stopping such a crime.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:51 AM