IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adoption; should it be allowed for all?
GMR
post Sep 13 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

Should adaption agency be more lax?

It was reported on the News that Reg Dwight and his partner David Furnish wanted to adapt a foreign child. Should the laws be made easy so that potential purchasers of children be allowed to buy aboard and also should age, mixed colour partnership and same sex (as in the case of Reg Dwight and his partner) play little part in adopting a child?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Sep 13 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 13 2009, 09:49 PM) *

It was reported on the News that Reg Dwight and his partner David Furnish wanted to adapt a foreign child. Should the laws be made easy so that potential purchasers of children be allowed to buy aboard and also should age, mixed colour partnership and same sex (as in the case of Reg Dwight and his partner) play little part in adopting a child?

relaxing the rules - no.
other issues - case by case

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Sep 13 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 258

Guess you think Elton & David shouldn't be allowed to proceed then?!!! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 13 2009, 09:30 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rachel @ Sep 13 2009, 10:07 PM) *
Guess you think Elton & David shouldn't be allowed to proceed then?!!! rolleyes.gif

Not at all; they have the same rights as everybody. We all should be treated as equals.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 13 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Sep 13 2009, 10:02 PM) *
relaxing the rules - no.
other issues - case by case

The trouble is with not relaxing the rules is that a lot of babies/ children don't get to go to good homes.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Sep 13 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 13 2009, 10:31 PM) *
The trouble is with not relaxing the rules is that a lot of babies/ children don't get to go to good homes.

and some might end up in bad ones.............

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Sep 13 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 258

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 13 2009, 10:30 PM) *
Not at all; they have the same rights as everybody. We all should be treated as equals.

I was teasing tongue.gif . Your language suggested that you didn't agree ("purchasers of children" "buy abroad"), I thought you were drawing parallels with slavery ie the sale of humans, but I stand corrected if I misread your post, my appologies.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 13 2009, 09:41 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rachel @ Sep 13 2009, 10:38 PM) *
I was teasing tongue.gif . Your language suggested that you didn't agree ("purchasers of children" "buy abroad"), I thought you were drawing parallels with slavery ie the sale of humans, but I stand corrected if I misread your post, my appologies.

I was probably trying to be clever in the way I put it.... but also provoking as I wanted people to jump in and agree or disagree.

No apology needed wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 13 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Sep 13 2009, 10:33 PM) *
and some might end up in bad ones.............

You can do all the best checks in the world and there is no guarantee that the baby/ child will be put into a good home.

I think by relaxing the rules more children would get into good homes; they would be better off with loving parents than where they are now anway.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Sep 14 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

I think the adoption process is pretty robust and should remain as so.
I believe that the vast amount of people who engage in the adoption process do so for the right reasons and the child benefits from this.
There is more danger to children from the uncontrolled and irresponsible childbirth situation perpetuated by natural mothers for selfish reasons that have little to do with wanting children for their own right.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:13 PM