Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Heathrow 3rd runway
Sherlock
post May 3 2012, 04:39 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,467

Seems to me that if our useless coalition government can get it wrong it will get it wrong. And when it doesn't get it outright wrong, it dithers.

It can't make its mind up on a 3rd runway at Heathrow. The Conservaberals promised not to build a 3rd runway. Now, obviously, they're having second thoughts and are thinking about breaking that promise along with all the others.

In my view we need a strong Heathrow. It's growth is vital to the future of the Thames Valley and our area and Boris Johnson's plan for another airport in the Thames estuary is insane.

I despair of Cameron, Clegg and Co ever getting their act together on this one way or the other, but what do you think? Should we allow Heathrow to become a second rank airport and accept the consequences for the economy and our area?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 3 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Sherlock @ May 3 2012, 05:39 PM) *
Seems to me that if our useless coalition government can get it wrong it will get it wrong. And when it doesn't get it outright wrong, it dithers.

It can't make its mind up on a 3rd runway at Heathrow. The Conservaberals promised not to build a 3rd runway. Now, obviously, they're having second thoughts and are thinking about breaking that promise along with all the others.

In my view we need a strong Heathrow. It's growth is vital to the future of the Thames Valley and our area and Boris Johnson's plan for another airport in the Thames estuary is insane.

I despair of Cameron, Clegg and Co ever getting their act together on this one way or the other, but what do you think? Should we allow Heathrow to become a second rank airport and accept the consequences for the economy and our area?

We worry about conserving water which is a renewable resource and falls out of the sky nearly every day, but we use up oil, and plan to use more, like there is no tomorrow!
Weird. blink.gif

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post May 3 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

No objections to Heathrow new runway, but I would like regional airports utilised more. I would like the option of flying out of Southampton rather than Gatwick for instance.

+Quote Post
stewiegriffin
post May 3 2012, 06:59 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,387

Greenham Common International Airport anyone?

I think it has a certain ring to it.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post May 3 2012, 07:09 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

There is a 4th runway planned (Don't tell anyone).
ce

+Quote Post
John C
post May 3 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,022

QUOTE (stewiegriffin @ May 3 2012, 07:59 PM) *
Greenham Common International Airport anyone?

I think it has a certain ring to it.

There is no runway or taxiways left at Greenham Common

+Quote Post
Sherlock
post May 3 2012, 07:57 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,467

QUOTE (Nothing Much @ May 3 2012, 08:09 PM) *
There is a 4th runway planned (Don't tell anyone).
ce

Funny you should mention that because I was under the impression that there were already 3 runways (the two east/west ones and the other one). Perhaps they don't count the other one. Anyway, do you agree that Cameron and Clegg are clearly idiots?

+Quote Post
JeffG
post May 3 2012, 08:34 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Sherlock @ May 3 2012, 08:57 PM) *
Funny you should mention that because I was under the impression that there were already 3 runways (the two east/west ones and the other one). Perhaps they don't count the other one.

It's similar to the weird body in the holdall case. News reporters kept talking about a third party being involved. Which begs the question - who was the second party?

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post May 3 2012, 09:48 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

As long as you bring the " bolly" we can all have a 2nd party.
It sounds like a good scenario though.
ce

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 03:54 PM