Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Having a Nip at the Englefield Terrier
Simon Kirby
post Feb 23 2012, 07:21 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,011

Some Lib Dem Johnny is having a bit of a nip at the Englefield Terrier in today's letters page. If I understand it right he's accusing Richard Benyon of not engaging with his constituents.

Sorry, but that's contemptable. I've written to Richard Benyon as Waterways Minister and received a very thorough response. He's also seen me at his Newbury surgery to discuss allotment self-management. That's one constituent and two exchanges, I really don't see how he could be any more engaged. He was also very generous in supporting the Kintbury Orienteering Fun-Day with a raffle prize a couple of years ago when I helped organise that.

In contrast, I think much could be said about the Lib Dem's lack of engagement at a local level - I don't even get a response to an e-mail, but then my tory councillors don't engage any better either.

Why do these people go party-politicking, particularly when they do it so badly?

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 23 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

I read that too, and I remember Mr Rendel was often accused of the same things. He would often quote that he had a parliamentary obligation to sit-on-the-fence on a number of controversial matters.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Feb 23 2012, 08:42 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

I,ve always admired 'my mate Dave' an admirable MP and one others would benefit from in terms of leadership and honesty. Mind you I've always admired David Rendel for his engagement with the voters so perhaps my perception may be skywed, I don't know. But I'm sure someone will tell me.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:36 AM