> Newbury's CCTV
Richard Garvie
post Jan 25 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #681

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,076

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 25 2011, 07:45 PM) *
I think I was perfectly clear when I said I've no idea what was or was not functioning so stop the usual mischief making.

Isn't that your job?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 25 2011, 07:47 PM
Post #682

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 25 2011, 07:45 PM) *
Isn't that your job?
No, I'm a computer programmer. It is your past-time however.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 25 2011, 08:05 PM
Post #683

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 25 2011, 07:47 PM) *
No, I'm a computer programmer. It is your past-time however.

I'd like to think I'm trying to hold the council to account, and get them to level with the people who elect them.

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 25 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #684

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 25 2011, 08:05 PM) *
I'd like to think I'm trying to hold the council to account, and get them to level with the people who elect them.
As I said a few weeks ago and as Cognosco confirms, you've given a green light to those who would make trouble. Sometimes you need to put the good of the town ahead of your own personal political ambition.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 25 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #685

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 25 2011, 08:13 PM) *
As I said a few weeks ago and as Cognosco confirms, you've given a green light to those who would make trouble. Sometimes you need to put the good of the town ahead of your own personal political ambition.

Once again, I didn't publish anything in detail until the story in the paper and Cllr Standfield paraded himself on local radio.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Jan 25 2011, 08:20 PM
Post #686

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 25 2011, 07:45 PM) *
I think I was perfectly clear when I said I've no idea what was or was not functioning so stop the usual mischief making.Is the control room not equipped with a telephone?

So User we are back with the "it's for security reasons" are we? The fact of the matter is that we have a difference of opinion on the state of the CCTV? On the one hand you are saying the same as a person who wishes to give the impression they have security by installing a false camera but it does not function. This seems to be the impression the council wishes to give with your backing? On the other hand local people, including posters on this forum, have been given the certain evidence that there is major problems with the CCTV. We can argue until doomsday and neither of us can prove who is correct. The only way is for the council to answer my listed questions or give a categorical statement that the system is up and running and is as efficient as the old system and the coverage is the same as the old system.

The problem is that numerous local people know that the camera's in Newbury have not been working since before Christmas and that is why the problems needs solving and quickly to enable other security measures to replace the CCTV if it is not working. This being in limbo is doing no good to the taxpayers of Newbury or the business community not to mention the reputation of WBC and yourself.

As for the telephone answer question you pose; by time the control room have rung the police at Kidlington and they relay to Newbury Police Station. Newbury Police Station have contacted a constable via radio, providing there was one on foot patrol, the said constable gets to Northbrook Street the hooligans would probably be a couple of miles away and with no camera evidence to assist in identification he may have stayed put and saved the constables boot leather. If I have understood the debate, after all your trying to obfuscate it, the old control room could talk directly to the constable on patrol? I stand corrected if this is not the case?

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 25 2011, 08:20 PM
Post #687

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 25 2011, 08:19 PM) *
Once again, I didn't publish anything in detail until the story in the paper and Cllr Standfield paraded himself on local radio.
How does one parade themselves on the radio?

This thread was started well before then.

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Jan 25 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #688

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Jan 25 2011, 08:20 PM) *
As for the telephone answer question you pose; by time the control room have rung the police at Kidlington and they relay to Newbury Police Station. Newbury Police Station have contacted a constable via radio, providing there was one on foot patrol, the said constable gets to Northbrook Street the hooligans would probably be a couple of miles away and with no camera evidence to assist in identification he may have stayed put and saved the constables boot leather. If I have understood the debate, after all your trying to obfuscate it, the old control room could talk directly to the constable on patrol? I stand corrected if this is not the case?

Considerable misunderstanding. 999 call to the police call taker, electronic message to control room, control room deploy& talk to officer. I believe they can now 'see' the cars (if not the officers) via GPS, so nearest can be sent.
As the Newbury system was not part owned by the police there would have been issues about any official direct access to police radio nets.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 26 2011, 08:11 AM
Post #689

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Jan 25 2011, 10:06 PM) *
Considerable misunderstanding. 999 call to the police call taker, electronic message to control room, control room deploy& talk to officer. I believe they can now 'see' the cars (if not the officers) via GPS, so nearest can be sent.
As the Newbury system was not part owned by the police there would have been issues about any official direct access to police radio nets.

Town centre police officers actually carried an additional Shop Safe / Pubwatch radio.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 26 2011, 08:12 AM
Post #690

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 26 2011, 08:11 AM) *
Town centre police officers actually carried an additional Shop Safe / Pubwatch radio.

At the weekend only.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 26 2011, 08:27 AM
Post #691

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 26 2011, 08:12 AM) *
At the weekend only.

Now yes. But before, an allocated town centre officer (s) would carry the radios 24 / 7. Go and ask any licencee in the town centre.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 26 2011, 08:29 AM
Post #692

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 26 2011, 08:27 AM) *
Now yes. But before, an allocated town centre officer (s) would carry the radios 24 / 7. Go and ask any licencee in the town centre.

Would it not be better to ask the police?

Always best to get your information from the prime source.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 26 2011, 08:37 AM
Post #693

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 26 2011, 08:29 AM) *
Would it not be better to ask the police?

Always best to get your information from the prime source.

Give them a ring. I've spoken to numerous police officer about a range of topics, including pubwatch, CCTV and anti social behaviour.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 26 2011, 08:42 AM
Post #694

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 26 2011, 08:37 AM) *
Give them a ring. I've spoken to numerous police officer about a range of topics, including pubwatch, CCTV and anti social behaviour.

So why suggest I ask a publican?

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 26 2011, 09:22 AM
Post #695

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 26 2011, 08:42 AM) *
So why suggest I ask a publican?

Well you claim to walk up and down the highstreet each day, stop and ask one of them. When I say anything, you disagree with me. The best way for you to establish the facts would be to either ask a publican, or an officer if you see one. Problem with the police is that you may appear a bit suspicious if you simply stroll up and ask about radios and CCTV wink.gif

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 26 2011, 09:27 AM
Post #696

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 26 2011, 09:22 AM) *
Well you claim to walk up and down the highstreet each day, stop and ask one of them. When I say anything, you disagree with me. The best way for you to establish the facts would be to either ask a publican, or an officer if you see one. Problem with the police is that you may appear a bit suspicious if you simply stroll up and ask about radios and CCTV wink.gif

You are making a fool of yourself if you think I am user.

But as you do tend to believe anything you are told so long as it something you want to believe, I guess it is par for the course.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 26 2011, 09:56 AM
Post #697

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 26 2011, 09:27 AM) *
You are making a fool of yourself if you think I am user.

But as you do tend to believe anything you are told so long as it something you want to believe, I guess it is par for the course.

What made you post that?

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 26 2011, 10:00 AM
Post #698

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 26 2011, 09:56 AM) *
What made you post that?

you said 'Well you claim to walk up and down the highstreet each day'.

I have never said such as thing. But user has.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 26 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #699

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 26 2011, 10:00 AM) *
you said 'Well you claim to walk up and down the highstreet each day'.

I have never said such as thing. But user has.

Like user, you get a good answer, and then wriggle. He answered your query; ain't that enough? The Shopsafe/Pubwatch was 24/7, it ain't now. Another degradation in the service (assuming what RG said is true).

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 26 2011, 10:17 AM
Post #700

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jan 26 2011, 10:07 AM) *
Like user, you get a good answer, and then wriggle. He answered your query; ain't that enough? The Shopsafe/Pubwatch was 24/7, it ain't now. Another degradation in the service

(assuming what RG said is true).

I would not say it was a good answer. Afterall this is just a local newspaper forum.

I was told by.....someone said to me that ......I heard that....

+Quote Post

55 Pages V  « < 33 34 35 36 37 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:13 AM