post Apr 7 2020, 07:36 PM
Post #201

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 7 2020, 05:53 PM) *
Bit of levity in these troubled times.

[attachment=295:90011577...704128_n.jpg]

The Ugandan approach to policing is "unique"... good on him!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/sehnaoui/status/...516312915439616
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 7 2020, 07:37 PM
Post #202

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

I have two friends who came back from skiing with it. Both now recovered. I think I have it actually, but very mild symptoms. Minor fever and minor aching but I’ll probably never know for sure. Whatever I’m condemned to 7 days self isolation and the fam isolated for 14 days.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 7 2020, 08:07 PM
Post #203

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 7 2020, 08:37 PM) *
I have two friends who came back from skiing with it. Both now recovered. I think I have it actually, but very mild symptoms. Minor fever and minor aching but I’ll probably never know for sure. Whatever I’m condemned to 7 days self isolation and the fam isolated for 14 days.

We wish you and your family well and trust you will still be able to "annoy" TDH on a regular basis.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 7 2020, 08:37 PM
Post #204

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 7 2020, 08:37 PM) *

Hope you're all ok.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 7 2020, 09:14 PM
Post #205

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 7 2020, 09:07 PM) *
We wish you and your family well and trust you will still be able to "annoy" TDH on a regular basis.

It's just banter. Trust me... newres will be fine. Only the good die young. That's why your still here Sir Will!🤣

In all seriousness just rest up and hope you and the family remian well.

Be safe chaps.. and if you cant be safe..buy a pram.

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 8 2020, 05:33 AM
Post #206

Advanced Member

I’m overwhelmed. 😂 Thank you.

To be truthful it’s very mild if it is Coronavirus. I’ve had worse colds. Hopefully we’ll have a test soon so we can know for sure whether we’ve had it and start to get back to normality before the economy is destroyed.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 8 2020, 08:02 AM
Post #207

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 8 2020, 06:33 AM) *
I’m overwhelmed. 😂 Thank you.

To be truthful it’s very mild if it is Coronavirus. I’ve had worse colds. Hopefully we’ll have a test soon so we can know for sure whether we’ve had it and start to get back to normality before the economy is destroyed.

The severity of the illness is down to many factors including luck but hopefully you will now have resistance for the second stage outbreak should it happen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 8 2020, 05:05 PM
Post #208

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 7 2020, 10:14 PM) *
It's just banter. Trust me... newres will be fine. Only the good die young. That's why your still here Sir Will!🤣

In all seriousness just rest up and hope you and the family remian well.

Be safe chaps.. and if you cant be safe..buy a pram.

Better tell HM to have the telegram boy on standby then. laugh.gif laugh.gif Having received Boris's billet-doux on dealing with the virus I am thinking that "was an awful lot of expenditure for a basic information leaflet", but at least no one can now plead ignorance. Still seeing groups, albeit small, wandering about enjoying the warm weather but not a single police car.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 8 2020, 06:43 PM
Post #209

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 8 2020, 06:05 PM) *
Better tell HM to have the telegram boy on standby then. laugh.gif laugh.gif Having received Boris's billet-doux on dealing with the virus I am thinking that "was an awful lot of expenditure for a basic information leaflet", but at least no one can now plead ignorance. Still seeing groups, albeit small, wandering about enjoying the warm weather but not a single police car.

My pet hate is the number of people who have now decided to become runners, when they obviously have not done so in years.. I see more joggers than walkers these days.. time for a Paris type no exercise outside rule soon.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 8 2020, 08:54 PM
Post #210

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 8 2020, 07:43 PM) *
My pet hate is the number of people who have now decided to become runners, when they obviously have not done so in years.. I see more joggers than walkers these days.. time for a Paris type no exercise outside rule soon.

It will come because it has too. If only the stupid sods would realise that it is going to bugger everyone's chance to get out for an hour, if only to get some food. But of course the selfish have no concept of altruism.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 9 2020, 07:37 PM
Post #211

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 8 2020, 09:54 PM) *
It will come because it has too. If only the stupid sods would realise that it is going to bugger everyone's chance to get out for an hour, if only to get some food. But of course the selfish have no concept of altruism.

I wished someone would invent a taser that auto deploys if someone comes within 2 metres of you....😂

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 9 2020, 09:11 PM
Post #212

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 9 2020, 08:37 PM) *
I wished someone would invent a taser that auto deploys if someone comes within 2 metres of you....😂

You have hit upon the problem that I have with the present government directive. According the HMG I can go out for a walk with my family. Now if my family has say 5 members then we take up all of the pavement. Single person travelling in opposite direction needs to step into the road to pass anyway before a six foot distance is implemented. He is then run over by a car which, because of the reduction in traffic, is travelling at terminal velocity. If your name is on the list you are going to get your papers.

Both Tesco, (London Rd), and Sainsbury's had queues snaking round the car parks today. Came back home empty handed so will try again tomorrow in the hope that they will all travel off to the coast/hills/somewhere else despite what is being asked.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 10 2020, 10:03 AM
Post #213

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 9 2020, 10:11 PM) *
You have hit upon the problem that I have with the present government directive. According the HMG I can go out for a walk with my family. Now if my family has say 5 members then we take up all of the pavement. Single person travelling in opposite direction needs to step into the road to pass anyway before a six foot distance is implemented. He is then run over by a car which, because of the reduction in traffic, is travelling at terminal velocity. If your name is on the list you are going to get your papers.

Both Tesco, (London Rd), and Sainsbury's had queues snaking round the car parks today. Came back home empty handed so will try again tomorrow in the hope that they will all travel off to the coast/hills/somewhere else despite what is being asked.

Well that was fun. Got to Pinchington Lane Tesco at 0820. Waited in a queue of hundreds (some of whom were coughing vigorously). Finally got in the store at 0930. Home by 1030. Spent the last 1/2 an hour disinfecting shopping...

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 10 2020, 10:31 AM
Post #214

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 10 2020, 11:03 AM) *
Well that was fun. Got to Pinchington Lane Tesco at 0820. Waited in a queue of hundreds (some of whom were coughing vigorously). Finally got in the store at 0930. Home by 1030. Spent the last 1/2 an hour disinfecting shopping...

Like the good book sayeth "Man can not live on bread alone, especially if it is contaminated with the virus known as CV19"

Anyway I am going to wander down to Tesco shortly and then we will see if the can opener comes into use again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 10 2020, 12:06 PM
Post #215

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 10 2020, 11:31 AM) *
Like the good book sayeth "Man can not live on bread alone, especially if it is contaminated with the virus known as CV19"

Anyway I am going to wander down to Tesco shortly and then we will see if the can opener comes into use again.

Well folks have been to Tesco and the queue is still there. One assumes that it is still yesterdays and just keeps getting topped up. So once again had a nice stroll for no return. Met 3 persons of the female type, (probably mother and 2 daughters but who knows), en route walking abreast,(no puns please), who made no attempt to give way to the extent that my shopping bag actually brushed her dress. angry.gif angry.gif
I have decided to pen a new diet book entitled "How to lose half you body weight without trying". Hope to publish along with my other best seller "Queuing for beginners".

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 10 2020, 12:42 PM
Post #216

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 10 2020, 01:06 PM) *
Well folks have been to Tesco and the queue is still there. One assumes that it is still yesterdays and just keeps getting topped up. So once again had a nice stroll for no return. Met 3 persons of the female type, (probably mother and 2 daughters but who knows), en route walking abreast,(no puns please), who made no attempt to give way to the extent that my shopping bag actually brushed her dress. angry.gif angry.gif
I have decided to pen a new diet book entitled "How to lose half you body weight without trying". Hope to publish along with my other best seller "Queuing for beginners".

Well it's a choice my friend.. starvation or Covid...I do think in a few weeks people will just give up and restart the lives they used to have and if they get it and die..then so be it. I'm high risk as someone who suffers from bronchitis due to whooping cough as a young un. In fact I reckon I'm 50/50 at best if I get it. BUT, we cannot impoverish the next generation forever to save people like me.. bit of a quandry.. bet Corbyn is glad he dodged this!!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 10 2020, 03:22 PM
Post #217

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 10 2020, 01:42 PM) *
Well it's a choice my friend.. starvation or Covid...I do think in a few weeks people will just give up and restart the lives they used to have and if they get it and die..then so be it. I'm high risk as someone who suffers from bronchitis due to whooping cough as a young un. In fact I reckon I'm 50/50 at best if I get it. BUT, we cannot impoverish the next generation forever to save people like me.. bit of a quandry.. bet Corbyn is glad he dodged this!!

Not sure who is the most pleased, Corbyn who is out of the front line or Starmer who has nothing to do aside from make the odd tv appearance and mutter a few words in the knowledge that nobody gives a **** what he says at the moment.
Relaxing of controls, whether official or not, would at least reduce the manic buying and thus level out the population density, but I can't see it happening this side of the summer solstice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 10 2020, 10:02 PM
Post #218

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 10 2020, 04:22 PM) *
Not sure who is the most pleased, Corbyn who is out of the front line or Starmer who has nothing to do aside from make the odd tv appearance and mutter a few words in the knowledge that nobody gives a **** what he says at the moment.
Relaxing of controls, whether official or not, would at least reduce the manic buying and thus level out the population density, but I can't see it happening this side of the summer solstice.

What I love is all the people saying "the government dont have a plan"...does anyone??? We could stop covid in its tracks in this Country in a month. Dont think the liberals would like it though..

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 11 2020, 01:41 PM
Post #219

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 8 2020, 07:43 PM) *

In fairness to them, they probably used to go to the gym but obviously they are all closed. I know what you mean though.

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 11 2020, 01:42 PM
Post #220

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 10 2020, 11:02 PM) *
What I love is all the people saying "the government dont have a plan"...does anyone??? We could stop covid in its tracks in this Country in a month. Dont think the liberals would like it though..

I think they do have a plan. Herd immunity.

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:57 AM