Reply to this topicStart new topic
> G'nite
x2lls
post Jun 28 2019, 09:43 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 511

How on earth can I unsubscribe? I see no link to delete my account.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 29 2019, 08:14 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (x2lls @ Jun 28 2019, 10:43 PM) *
How on earth can I unsubscribe? I see no link to delete my account.

When facebook first started I was "encouraged" to join by family but once I discovered what a **** outfit it was I tried to unsubscribe. They did not take kindly to that idea at all so I just ignored them and as far as I know I am still on their books but I do not go on their site so quite happy. In comparison this little forum, (assuming what you are referencing), seems perfectly innocuous so just log off and bye bye.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 29 2019, 01:42 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 29 2019, 09:14 AM) *
When facebook first started I was "encouraged" to join by family but once I discovered what a **** outfit it was I tried to unsubscribe. They did not take kindly to that idea at all so I just ignored them and as far as I know I am still on their books but I do not go on their site so quite happy. In comparison this little forum, (assuming what you are referencing), seems perfectly innocuous so just log off and bye bye.

Interestly the NWN are probably in breach of GDPR rules and certainly in breach of regulations around the right to be forgotten. Both carry considerable fines. It's the law..joint law suit to win a few million?🤣

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 29 2019, 03:28 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

What are you subscribed to? Just stop posting. Tommeh’s goin’ dahn anyway. He’s a thug.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 29 2019, 04:17 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 29 2019, 04:28 PM) *
What are you subscribed to? Just stop posting. Tommeh’s goin’ dahn anyway. He’s a thug.

You don't understand anything digital.

https://gdpr-info.eu/issues/right-to-be-forgotten/

Organisations will go out of business because of this. If you have a company (ahem as u claim) and don't understand these basic regulations it's very worrying. And you are probably at risk of financial damage. It's not a joke. It's bl00dy serious.

https://www.itgovernance.co.uk/dpa-and-gdpr-penalties

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 29 2019, 06:07 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 29 2019, 05:17 PM) *
You don't understand anything digital.

https://gdpr-info.eu/issues/right-to-be-forgotten/

Organisations will go out of business because of this. If you have a company (ahem as u claim) and don't understand these basic regulations it's very worrying. And you are probably at risk of financial damage. It's not a joke. It's bl00dy serious.

https://www.itgovernance.co.uk/dpa-and-gdpr-penalties

What personal data are talking about?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 29 2019, 07:08 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 29 2019, 07:07 PM) *
What personal data are talking about?

The point of this post was to highlight that you cannot b forgotten on this forum. You need to be able to delete all your posts and profile. The law requires it. It's an E U law funnily enough that we have incorporated onto our statute books.

Also, as a business owner it concerns me greatly that you appear to have no concerns over GDPR data. You probably keep all your employee data on an unencrypted memory stick.or laptop. As such I may have to inform the authorities via the forum admin about your worrying practice. You need to take this seriously. I am doing you a big favour believe ot or not.Take action. Before it's too late.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 29 2019, 07:33 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 29 2019, 08:08 PM) *
The point of this post was to highlight that you cannot b forgotten on this forum. You need to be able to delete all your posts and profile. The law requires it. It's an E U law funnily enough that we have incorporated onto our statute books.

Also, as a business owner it concerns me greatly that you appear to have no concerns over GDPR data. You probably keep all your employee data on an unencrypted memory stick.or laptop. As such I may have to inform the authorities via the forum admin about your worrying practice. You need to take this seriously. I am doing you a big favour believe ot or not.Take action. Before it's too late.

What a prat.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 29 2019, 07:41 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 29 2019, 08:33 PM) *
What a prat.

All very worrying and sad.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jun 30 2019, 07:12 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

You're right!
Can't see any way of deleting yourself.
Not good!!
Shouldn't worry too much though as, by the way things are going on here, the whole thing will probably removed soon!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 30 2019, 08:17 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jun 30 2019, 08:12 AM) *
You're right!
Can't see any way of deleting yourself.
Not good!!
Shouldn't worry too much though as, by the way things are going on here, the whole thing will probably removed soon!

That is all very well but does anyone know of an online forum where matters of interest can be discussed in a positive manner?
I have tried one or two in the past but they all seem to attract opinionated buffoons who like to "see" their name on screen. Maybe I am asking to much. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 30 2019, 12:30 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

There’s no personal data on here. TDH is being TDH.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 30 2019, 04:34 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 30 2019, 01:30 PM) *

https://www.pentestpartners.com/

🤣🤣🤣

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Jun 30 2019, 07:03 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 30 2019, 01:30 PM) *

Wrong.

I don't think you know what "personal data" defines.

Your username/password are stored; otherwise you couldn't log on! You gave a real-world, active email address (and other data) when you first signed up and you may have created a profile.

Your IP address (and probably MAC address) will be stored. Your posts are stored.

Under current data protection regulation, you have a right to be forgotten; which means all your posts/login/etc. have to be deleted

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 30 2019, 07:11 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Jun 30 2019, 08:03 PM) *
Wrong.

Your username/password are stored; otherwise you couldn't log on! You gave a real-world, active email address (and other data) when you first signed up and you may have created a profile.

Your IP address (and probably MAC address) will be stored. Your posts are stored.

Under current data protection regulation, you have a right to be forgotten; which means all your posts/login/etc. have to be deleted

Glad someone else is intelligent on here. If Newres really owned a business then he should know this. Then again he's probably 38 and living with his mum. Oh and the NWN website is ahem..not that difficult to hack. Not that I would ever do such a thing despite working closely with penetration testers...😂

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jul 1 2019, 07:50 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 30 2019, 09:17 AM) *
That is all very well but does anyone know of an online forum where matters of interest can be discussed in a positive manner?
I have tried one or two in the past but they all seem to attract opinionated buffoons who like to "see" their name on screen. Maybe I am asking to much. rolleyes.gif

Looks very much like it!!! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 1 2019, 09:54 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 30 2019, 08:11 PM) *
Glad someone else is intelligent on here. If Newres really owned a business then he should know this. Then again he's probably 38 and living with his mum. Oh and the NWN website is ahem..not that difficult to hack. Not that I would ever do such a thing despite working closely with penetration testers...😂

Why aren’t I surprised you work with penetration testers.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 1 2019, 10:01 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

A quick Google would suggest that as forum posts are anonymous they aren't covered. I suspect it's a gray area but I'm happy to admit I haven't a clue. Being a business owner wouldn't make me an expert.

https://law.stackexchange.com/questions/282...data-under-gdpr

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 1 2019, 10:02 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Jun 30 2019, 08:03 PM) *
Wrong.

A quick Google would suggest that as forum posts are anonymous they aren't covered. I suspect it's a gray area but I'm happy to admit I haven't a clue. Being a business owner wouldn't make me an expert.

https://law.stackexchange.com/questions/282...data-under-gdpr

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post Jul 1 2019, 12:51 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

At one point just before it was introduced GDPR was the bane of my existence but these days it is rarely mentioned at all. My understanding of it is that the real purpose of it is not to prosecute companies who are trying to get it to work but make a few mistakes along the way but rather to present another tool to help in enforcement against companies who are deliberately spamming with unsolicited texts/emails/phone calls.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:55 AM