IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Daily Mail accuses DEFRA of attempting to cover up £2m in benefits paid to Richard Benyon
Phil_D11102
post Mar 9 2012, 01:10 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 846

QUOTE (Darren @ Mar 9 2012, 01:01 PM) *
You too can be a Daily Mail editor

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

What else do you call it then? It's ok for him to and his famil to reap the rewards of the various benefit systems, and at alot more than the average Joe gets, but the rest of us can get scr*wed..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Mar 9 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ Mar 9 2012, 01:10 PM) *
What else do you call it then? It's ok for him to and his famil to reap the rewards of the various benefit systems, and at alot more than the average Joe gets, but the rest of us can get scr*wed..

Buy a farm, then.....

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post Mar 9 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Mar 9 2012, 03:12 PM) *
Buy a farm, then.....

There you go.

Lets see, let me buy a farm, get loads of migrants workers in under the new gov't plan to put people back to work, which I think the gov't will subsidise. Claim EU farm benefits, get more free cash. The I can pack it in after 5 or so years, but first sneakingly transfer the money into someone else's account so I can start claiming benefits.

Of I continue to try and retain the only universal benefit my family is entitled to. But I must not question why the man who is representing us in the Commons is collecting 1000 times plus more than in EU benefits, but is supporting cutting off 134 quid a month.

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Mar 9 2012, 05:10 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ Mar 9 2012, 03:59 PM) *
There you go.

Lets see, let me buy a farm, get loads of migrants workers in under the new gov't plan to put people back to work, which I think the gov't will subsidise. Claim EU farm benefits, get more free cash. The I can pack it in after 5 or so years, but first sneakingly transfer the money into someone else's account so I can start claiming benefits.
Crack on, then

Of I continue to try and retain the only universal benefit my family is entitled to. But I must not question why the man who is representing us in the Commons is collecting 1000 times plus more than in EU benefits, but is supporting cutting off 134 quid a month.

Is he?

+Quote Post
Vodabury
post Mar 9 2012, 05:33 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,124

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Mar 9 2012, 05:10 PM) *
Is he?

Quite. A bit of a strong allegation there by Phil, methinks.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Mar 9 2012, 06:20 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ Mar 9 2012, 12:06 PM) *
I find it funny that he has no issue ensuring his family receives "subsidies" but the rest of us will lose benefits. I will lose 134 quid a month in child benefits based on my income, which will be no where what his family receives.

Double standards at it's best.

But he, like you, will be losing the child benefit he receives (probably more than £134 a month).

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 9 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (blackdog @ Mar 9 2012, 06:20 PM) *
But he ... will be losing the child benefit he receives (probably more than £134 a month).

I suspect he'll cope.

+Quote Post
Adrian Hollister
post Mar 9 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 613

Not much point in a debate here - Tories and their Etonian pets will vote the same way (though say different things to keep their core voters happy) and Labour are just hoping to stay part of the debate.

But the debate is a bit of ideology. You either want to pursue privatisation (through one route or another) or you don't. Add the generalisation that, Tory members (the 1% at least) stand to gain the most through privatisation, Labour voters stand to loose the most as cost/wages/people are driven out. You could also add to the mix the pressure of donors to the various parties - which party stands to gain the most and loose the most financially.

There must be a formula out there somewhere that works out who gains what?

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Mar 9 2012, 08:44 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

If you need me to help subsidise your family perhaps you can't afford to have one.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 9 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Mar 9 2012, 08:44 PM) *
If you need me to help subsidise your family perhaps you can't afford to have one.

Who will support you and your children, if you or they ever need it?

+Quote Post
Vodabury
post Mar 9 2012, 09:01 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,124

QUOTE (Adrian Hollister @ Mar 9 2012, 08:32 PM) *
Not much point in a debate here - Tories and their Etonian pets will vote the same way (though say different things to keep their core voters happy) and Labour are just hoping to stay part of the debate.

But the debate is a bit of ideology. You either want to pursue privatisation (through one route or another) or you don't. Add the generalisation that, Tory members (the 1% at least) stand to gain the most through privatisation, Labour voters stand to loose the most as cost/wages/people are driven out. You could also add to the mix the pressure of donors to the various parties - which party stands to gain the most and loose the most financially.

There must be a formula out there somewhere that works out who gains what?

To me , "loose" means not tight. Do you mean "lose" as in not to have anymore?

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 9 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

I think this forum demonstrates some of the qualities one must have if one wishes to enter politics: you have to contend with some of the electorate who seem to be still stuck in the playground. rolleyes.gif

'tis no-wonder people don't bother. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post Mar 10 2012, 12:53 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Quite. A bit of a strong allegation there by Phil, methinks.

Yes, I did over estimate a little bit. What was received in the 10 years in EU subsidies is only about 600 times more than what we would receive in 22 years if both kids stayed on in full time education.

You don't get it do you..

One earner family over 42K loses, while two earners making 40K each keep their benefits. Show me how that is fair.

The best one is I don't get the benefit, my wife is the one who receives it. My wife makes less than 6000 a year as she works 3 hours a day part time and doesn't claim tax credits. This is the only tax credit/benefit that is received in the household.

You use your private medical benefits, your taxed on them. I got a 3 percent pay raise last year, but I take home less and I am spending more on the basics.

At what point is enough enough?

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Mar 10 2012, 01:49 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

Yeah well my heart bleeds for you, it really does. I mean its not like anyone else is suffering is it?

+Quote Post
gel
post Mar 10 2012, 07:33 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Mar 5 2012, 10:57 PM) *
Yeah, the Daily Mail... of course, the integrity that paper has accumulated over the years...read almost exclusively by racist everything seems to mention immigrants, the EU or Princess Diana..

What a bigotted view you have. Perhaps you should go down to newsagents and advise all
those who buy the paper that they're racists; I bet you the majority will be shocked to hear that, & the odd few will flatten you.

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post Mar 10 2012, 07:39 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Penelope @ Mar 10 2012, 01:49 AM) *
Yeah well my heart bleeds for you, it really does. I mean its not like anyone else is suffering is it?

Wow, if that doesn't sound like sarcasm what does..

There are other ways to raise revenue other that continually hitting the pockets of the families. They won't revamp the tax system because it would be to hard, or complicated to do so.

One that I suggested months ago is for tourists to pay 5 pound visa fee when they land in the UK. With the Olympics coming up that would raise a fair bit of money. How about 25 pounds for a student visa.

Shame no one in the gov't has had the foresight to do so.

Maybe those affected by this change, some 15 percent of the population should just strike and protest, then what would the impact to the economy be?

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Mar 10 2012, 09:43 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ Mar 10 2012, 07:39 AM) *
Maybe those affected by this change, some 15 percent of the population should just strike and protest, then what would the impact to the economy be?

Yes, I wonder how the ecconomy would cope without all those middle-managers.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post Mar 10 2012, 10:23 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Mar 10 2012, 09:43 AM) *
Yes, I wonder how the ecconomy would cope without all those middle-managers.

I think you will find that most skilled I.T. jobs fall into the 45 to 50K range. How would it be that all the major computer systems in the UK would stop for one day..

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Mar 10 2012, 10:49 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ Mar 10 2012, 10:23 AM) *
I think you will find that most skilled I.T. jobs fall into the 45 to 50K range. How would it be that all the major computer systems in the UK would stop for one day..

Then you would put yourself in the same camp as Bob Crow and his cronies, threatening to hold the country to ransom if British Rail tried to make any efficiency savings.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 10 2012, 10:54 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Mar 10 2012, 10:49 AM) *
Then you would put yourself in the same camp as Bob Crow and his cronies, threatening to hold the country to ransom if British Rail tried to make any efficiency savings.

Which allegedly is what the governemnt were worried the RBS board of directors would do if their HUGE bonuses were not honoured.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:27 AM