Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cannabis use, Crime has risen!
Roger T
post May 2 2012, 12:45 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,712

I'm sure the statistics are correct but I wonder what people think of cannabis use.
I don't use it myself. I'm 401! It would be immature. My Nephew doesn't either. Not sure about Mrs T. Although she is known to have green fingers.

But - from what I can tell. Using cannabis doesn't cause any serious health effects, certain no scientific evidence, plenty of speculative assumptions though made my those in seniority.
Unlike the alcoholic beverages some of us like to consume. And people who are using cannabis from what I can tell, by means of watching rap videos, don't really fall over in a puddle of their own vomit.

So is it really worth the policing cost to prosecute users/dealers? Personally I think no.
Toodles.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post May 2 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Roger T @ May 2 2012, 01:45 PM) *
I'm sure the statistics are correct but I wonder what people think of cannabis use.
I don't use it myself. I'm 40! It would be immature. My Nephew doesn't either. Not sure about Mrs T. Although she is known to have green fingers.

But - from what I can tell. Using cannabis doesn't cause any serious health effects, certain no scientific evidence, plenty of speculative assumptions though made my those in seniority.
Unlike the alcoholic beverages some of us like to consume. And people who are using cannabis from what I can tell, by means of watching rap videos, don't really fall over in a puddle of their own vomit.

So is it really worth the policing cost to prosecute users/dealers? Personally I think no.
Toodles.

I think the problem with kids smoking Cannabis is that it leads on to more dangerous and addictive drugs but you could say that about cigarettes and alcohol.
I think that used sensibly it is OK but how do you ensure that is the case.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post May 2 2012, 01:39 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

I was lucky .I never got the hang of cigarettes or weed. I couldn't smoke.
So I never inhaled at a Peter Gabriel concert years ago.

I think a comment made on a forum far far away sums it up. From an intellectual point of view.
" I could sort out the problems of the world if I could only be ar=ed to get out of bed"
(It can help with pain).
ce

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post May 2 2012, 02:11 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,100

QUOTE (Roger T @ May 2 2012, 01:45 PM) *
So is it really worth the policing cost to prosecute users/dealers?

Users?.....probably not.

Dealers?.....absolutely. I doubt they only sell cannabis, certainly sell to just about anyone with money and probably have a whole range of other, more toxic (in every sense of the word) drugs available.

As Steppenwolf sang " Goddam the pusher man".

+Quote Post
Baffers100
post May 2 2012, 02:14 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,653

I used to be strongly against drugs (apart from alcohol!). Both my grandparents died of lung cancer when I was 11, and since I have always strongly associated lung cancer with smoking.

That said, on the 27th December I had to have my dog put to sleep as she had pulmonary fibrosis- a chronic lung disease. She hadn't been exposed to any of the 'standard toxins' you would associate with this sort of condition and she was only 5 years old so it totally broke my heart. So, when offered a "doobie" as they call it at my Christmas do, I did accept.

I don't see the point in it. I didn't feel any better or worse, though I had a cough the next day. If anything, it's made me mess judgemental of people who do smoke it, and as a non-smoker I find the smell of cannabis much less offensive than tobacco smoke.

+Quote Post
Roger T
post May 2 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Dodgys smarter brother. @ May 2 2012, 03:11 PM) *
Dealers?.....absolutely. I doubt they only sell cannabis, certainly sell to just about anyone with money and probably have a whole range of other, more toxic (in every sense of the word) drugs available.

Perhaps a very assumptive way of the world. Maybe some do only deal in the grassy substance.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post May 2 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

Well Ok RogerT.
Back on weed only. A young man I know buys his kit from a friend's aunt. She must be 60 by now.
I have to ignore it as I am not perfect. Or even a prefect.
ce

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post May 2 2012, 02:39 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,100

QUOTE (Roger T @ May 2 2012, 03:19 PM) *
Perhaps a very assumptive way of the world. Maybe some do only deal in the grassy substance

I did say 'probably', in the same way as you said 'maybe'.

+Quote Post
Roger T
post May 2 2012, 03:48 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Nothing Much @ May 2 2012, 03:33 PM) *
Well Ok RogerT.
Back on weed only. A young man I know buys his kit from a friend's aunt. She must be 60 by now.
I have to ignore it as I am not perfect. Or even a prefect.
ce

What a smashing Aunt she must be. Perhaps similar to Mrs T. Although she isn't 60.
Prefects, at school my Nephew complains of how some of the "prefects" are mean to him. I guess when given responsibility some teenagers abuse it.
Like the green cross code, rarely does anyone pay any attention to it.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 2 2012, 03:50 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

People who are stoned are a pain to work with, or get any sense out of, much the same way with people that are drunk. I'm not sure adding to the intoxicating substances portfolio will make things better; just as being illegal doesn't make it less likely someone will abuse it.

Personally, I don't like blow, or weed, etc; it makes me feel sick like having travel sickness.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 2 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

It's not so much the drugs themselves that are a problem.
If people want to do that to themselves then it is up to them.
It is drug related crime to pay for the stuff that is the real issue.

+Quote Post
Roger T
post May 2 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

If paid for with taxable income, would that be OK? Personally I believe cannabis is the least destructive of any substance out of tobacco and alcohol. (but not excluding apple juice, that makes people do crazy things. And lemons.)

Yet because it's deemed illegal, a big hoo-har is in the midst. In the Netherlands, they seem to do alright. Chilled out as heck.
I had a dutch girlfriend once, when I was younger. A wild thing, crazy with a good sense of humor. And talking of lemons, they weren't too bad laugh.gif

So what about legalization and taxation. Imagine that it would not be a wholly indifferent amount to that of cigarettes. As Ms Tweedy said, it's sure worth fighting for.
Perhaps if just to keep the peace, and save resources, increase tax income.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 2 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Roger T @ May 2 2012, 05:06 PM) *
If paid for with taxable income, would that be OK? Personally I believe cannabis is the least destructive of any substance out of tobacco and alcohol. (but not excluding apple juice, that makes people do crazy things. And lemons.)

Yet because it's deemed illegal, a big hoo-har is in the midst. In the Netherlands, they seem to do alright. Chilled out as heck.
I had a dutch girlfriend once, when I was younger. A wild thing, crazy with a good sense of humor. And talking of lemons, they weren't too bad laugh.gif

So what about legalization and taxation. Imagine that it would not be a wholly indifferent amount to that of cigarettes. As Ms Tweedy said, it's sure worth fighting for.
Perhaps if just to keep the peace, and save resources, increase tax income.

Not quite sure what you are getting at here.
If it was legalised it would still have to be paid for and a great majority of those that use it are not able to.
Therefore they commit crime to do so.
That is the problem I am highlighting, legal or not.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post May 2 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 2 2012, 05:11 PM) *
If it was legalised it would still have to be paid for and a great majority of those that use it are not able to.
Therefore they commit crime to do so.
That is the problem I am highlighting, legal or not.

Is that like going on a crime spree to pay for a 5 star holiday?

+Quote Post
Roger T
post May 2 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Maybe the same applies to the existing substances. Just because one is deemed illegal doesn't necessarily mean those which are legal are not purchased using money illegally earnt. Smokey poker games, perhaps. Like what you see on American TV dramas.
Perhaps some proof to sustain your opinion. Maybe I just have a sunnier outlook on people. No doubt some commit crime but I'm sure the same is said of cigarettes or some dizzy juice.

I would imagine more reach for a can of Special Brew, who are on benefits or homeless, than those who may even raise their cannabis from a young baby (plant). I want a plant, but was thinking more along the lines of a Japanese Peace Lily. My Nephew introduced me to Hot Fuzz last weekend. A good chuckle. Mrs T didn't like it though.

Although not sure what the swan had to do with anything. Maybe it was homeless too.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 2 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ May 2 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Is that like going on a crime spree to pay for a 5 star holiday?

No, because you don't get addicted to a 5 star holiday.
(Well, maybe some!) tongue.gif

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post May 2 2012, 04:29 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 2 2012, 05:23 PM) *
No, because you don't get addicted to a 5 star holiday.
(Well, maybe some!) tongue.gif

Running up huge credit card bill one can't pay so as to have nice things isn't that far removed from a little shop lifting to pay for the next hit........

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 2 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

I didn't know jaycakes was a stoner! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 2 2012, 04:40 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ May 2 2012, 05:29 PM) *
Running up huge credit card bill one can't pay so as to have nice things isn't that far removed from a little shop lifting to pay for the next hit........

Except one isn't a crime and one is.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post May 2 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 2 2012, 05:40 PM) *
Except one isn't a crime and one is.

LOL, which is which?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:07 AM