> Next election, Just lie
spartacus
post Jun 10 2017, 11:31 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 221

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 10 2017, 11:54 AM) *
Yes, but you Tory boys have done that. Stuffed the Country by selling absolutely everything.

I think Gordon got ahead of that particular game a wee while back by selling the gold reserves at knock down prices.

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 10 2017, 11:03 AM) *
Spot on; like the lie they used to believe about success in life was via a University degree followed by a career with a good firm who paid you enough to buy a reasonably decent home and a fair pension when you retire

Yeah, fell for that one didn't they!
Once upon a time University degrees were something to aspire to for the top academically gifted percentage. Now it's just seen by a huge percentage of less academically gifted as being a natural progression from school A Levels, where E is counted as a pass and can get you a place at a converted Poly during the clearing process.. I mean ANY Uni is better than NO Uni right? You can still get pissed at Southampton Solent Uni right?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 10 2017, 11:36 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (spartacus @ Jun 10 2017, 12:31 PM) *
I think Gordon got ahead of that particular game a wee while back by selling the gold reserves at knock down prices.

Once upon a time University degrees were something to aspire to for the top academically gifted percentage. Now it's just seen by a huge percentage of less academically gifted as being a natural progression from school A Levels, where E is counted as a pass and can get you a place at a converted Poly during the clearing process.. I mean ANY Uni is better than NO Uni right? You can still get pissed at Southampton Solent Uni right?

Don't forget the gap year. Its my uman right.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 10 2017, 12:06 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Dear old Gordy was simply following the 'let's all be Tory's' trend made fashionable by a certain Mr Blair. He was copying the masters; Messrs Major and Lamont!

It's been a very clever policy to downgrade educational standards to suit potential employment prospects. Clearly, you are absolutely right, we don't need anywhere near the number of graduates we once did. Choking off universities would be as unpopular with Tory voters as the dementure tax; hence slowly slowly catches monkey approach is better. Why on earth do you think separate Grammar schools feature strongly in their manifesto?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 10 2017, 12:08 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

And plundering pensions.

Once upon a time University degrees were something to aspire to for the top academically gifted percentage

Or parents of the wealthy.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jun 10 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

I dare say there wouldn't be a huge resistance to removing or subsidising tuition fees if it was kept to the brightest students doing meaningful degrees, but we're way past that now. A fair number of my son's peer group toddled off to their various Unis to do 'Sports Science' degrees with some dream of being physios at top rugby clubs or such like. The reality is that the nearest they can get to a sports related job is handing out towels at Nuffield...

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 10 2017, 12:38 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Jun 10 2017, 01:10 PM) *
I dare say there wouldn't be a huge resistance to removing or subsidising tuition fees if it was kept to the brightest students doing meaningful degrees, but we're way past that now. A fair number of my son's peer group toddled off to their various Unis to do 'Sports Science' degrees with some dream of being physios at top rugby clubs or such like. The reality is that the nearest they can get to a sports related job is handing out towels at Nuffield...

Quite. Why not make some university degrees free that benefit the Country whilst others are fee paying? Happy medium in my book.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 10 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 10 2017, 11:42 AM) *
All talk and no trousers. You make me sick. Oh the poor refugees... Yeah I also feel sorry for them but I dont bang on about it cos I dont want them living with me. You want them to be looked after by someone else. Hyp O Cryte.

Think I'll start calling you Lilly. laugh.gif

I wouldn't want YOU living with me, but I wouldn't want you deprived of a home if you were bombed out. Doesn't make me a hypocrite. Silly sausage.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 10 2017, 12:57 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 10 2017, 01:46 PM) *
I wouldn't want YOU living with me, but I wouldn't want you deprived of a home if you were bombed out. Doesn't make me a hypocrite. Silly sausage.

Yep. It does. Actions speak louder than words. You speak these words to make yoirself feel better. Unless you help yourself its just platitudes. Look at me. Am I not wonderful. Sort of chap that does #prayfor hashtags.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 10 2017, 01:18 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 10 2017, 01:57 PM) *
Yep. It does. Actions speak louder than words. You speak these words to make yoirself feel better. Unless you help yourself its just platitudes. Look at me. Am I not wonderful. Sort of chap that does #prayfor hashtags.

I don't do #prayfor but I don't spout hatred either. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 10 2017, 01:51 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 10 2017, 02:18 PM) *
I don't do #prayfor but I don't spout hatred either. rolleyes.gif

Are you saying anyone on this forum does? If so please give me examples. Enlighten me.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 10 2017, 02:03 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Quick question...

When will the first Strike by Unite and co take place?

Emboldened by the GE results I can see the Unions with JC on side causing much misery.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jun 10 2017, 02:56 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 10 2017, 03:03 PM) *
Quick question...

When will the first Strike by Unite and co take place?

Emboldened by the GE results I can see the Unions with JC on side causing much misery.

I can't do the linky thing but I've already seen the #resist thing doing the rounds from the "Labour's Digital Army" website implying watch this space for news on what to do next under the name Project MAYhem. The plans will become clear and will be shared from tomorrow apparently

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 10 2017, 03:04 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

With a strong and stable government in place we have nothing to worry about.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 10 2017, 03:27 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Jun 10 2017, 03:56 PM) *
I can't do the linky thing but I've already seen the #resist thing doing the rounds from the "Labour's Digital Army" website implying watch this space for news on what to do next under the name Project MAYhem. The plans will become clear and will be shared from tomorrow apparently

Leftists... Replica of DT in the USA coming up. I predict riots.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 10 2017, 03:37 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 10 2017, 02:51 PM) *
Are you saying anyone on this forum does? If so please give me examples. Enlighten me.

Two minutes looking and here's one from you:

"The rise of Wahabism as a popular cult part of Islam is relatively recent and they want to kill us all. Its not difficult. They want YOU dead. They want your family dead. They would cut your head off without a second thought. Good luck making peace with that."

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 10 2017, 03:44 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 10 2017, 04:37 PM) *

"The rise of Wahabism as a popular cult part of Islam is relatively recent and they want to kill us all. Its not difficult. They want YOU dead. They want your family dead. They would cut your head off without a second thought. Good luck making peace with that."

Please explain why this is islamophobic and full of hatred???
If thats the best you could find its a poor effort.😂

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 10 2017, 03:52 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 10 2017, 04:37 PM) *

And this is factually wrong where?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 10 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 10 2017, 04:52 PM) *

In newres world the terrorists are "misunderstood". They need a cuddle from JC and all would be well. You couldn't make it up.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 10 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

DP

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 10 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 10 2017, 04:52 PM) *

Where in Wahhabism does it say that it wants me dead? Show me the original source where it is stated that me and my family should be killed. Here in Newbury in 2017.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:34 AM