> Michael Jackson
Bloggo
post Jun 26 2009, 01:21 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 26 2009, 02:13 PM) *
Who is Farrah Fawcett? Im not being sarci either....

Farrah Fawcett Major. One time wife of Lee Major, actor Bionic Man
Glamour actress and also girlfriend of Ryan O'Neal.
American actress in Charlies Angels on film and TV.
Lived in Berverley Hills.

--------------------
Bloggo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jun 26 2009, 01:34 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 26 2009, 02:13 PM) *
Who is Farrah Fawcett? Im not being sarci either....

Now you may not know Farrah Fawcett was, but surely you know what google is?

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 26 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 44

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jun 26 2009, 02:34 PM) *
Now you may not know Farrah Fawcett was, but surely you know what google is?

What was wrong with asking on here?

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 26 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 44

Thanks for other replies

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 26 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Darren @ Jun 26 2009, 01:43 PM) *
Well, actually....

My point was, Farrah died yesterday after a long battle with cancer and to see the media frenzy today you wouldn't have thought she had. Not a single mention on BBC Breakfast. Farrah passed away with quiet dignity after living a relatively normal life.

I agree. I remembered her and mentioned her on my forum. She was a good actress and a popular image in the 70's.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 26 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 26 2009, 02:38 PM) *
What was wrong with asking on here?

She was in Charlie's Angel's in the TV series in the 70's. She became a pin up girl and was also known for her beautiful hair. She was also married to Lee Majors (the 6 million dollar man).

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jun 26 2009, 04:07 PM
Post #27

Guests

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 26 2009, 03:07 PM) *
She was in Charlie's Angel's in the TV series in the 70's. She became a pin up girl and was also known for her beautiful hair. She was also married to Lee Majors (the 6 million dollar man).

Beautiful hair? And the rest wink.gif rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jun 26 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #28

Guests

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 26 2009, 09:29 AM) *
I blame it on the good times...

Blame it on the Council.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 26 2009, 04:20 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jun 26 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Beautiful hair? And the rest wink.gif rolleyes.gif

Admittedly the rest was better.... but I was trying to keep things wholesome. laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 26 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

I'm not a great fan of his music, but his music does form a part of the soundtrack to my life in the 80s. The one thing I do not look forward to now is the hype that follows these things, wall to wall music, programs, mags, etc... there's money in them there celebrity deaths. rolleyes.gif

I remember when Diana died, as it was very close to a bereavement of mine. I felt, in a way, that it amplified my own grief and made the period even more difficult to come to terms with. mellow.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 26 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jun 26 2009, 05:33 PM) *
I'm not a great fan of his music, but his music does form a part of the soundtrack to my life in the 80s. The one thing I do not look forward to now is the hype that follows these things, wall to wall music, programs, mags, etc... there's money in them there celebrity deaths. rolleyes.gif

I remember when Diana died, as it was very close to a bereavement of mine. I felt, in a way, that it amplified my own grief and made the period even more difficult to come to terms with. mellow.gif

But you must like some sort of music? You do mention that Jackson's music was the soundtrack of your life. as for Diana..... I heard it on the 6.30 am news on a Sunday.... I couldn't get back to bed.

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Jun 26 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 37

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 26 2009, 07:36 PM) *
But you must like some sort of music? You do mention that Jackson's music was the soundtrack of your life. as for Diana..... I heard it on the 6.30 am news on a Sunday.... I couldn't get back to bed.

Mass hysteria of a nation, I'm afraid - just like when she died. The trick cyclists have been all over this phenomena is the past, looks like it's going to have to be reviewed all over again. Now, if Jacko had met his end on the bollards in Newbury...

Sorry chums, as they used to say, 'Get a grip!'

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 26 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Hugh Saskin @ Jun 26 2009, 08:06 PM) *
Mass hysteria of a nation, I'm afraid - just like when she died. The trick cyclists have been all over this phenomena is the past, looks like it's going to have to be reviewed all over again. Now, if Jacko had met his end on the bollards in Newbury...

Sorry chums, as they used to say, 'Get a grip!'

If Wacko jacko met his end on Newbury bollards his fans would be worshipping the bollards and anything else that erected itself in such a manner. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 26 2009, 11:25 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 26 2009, 07:36 PM) *
But you must like some sort of music? You do mention that Jackson's music was the soundtrack of your life.

Sorry matey, you need to learn to read with more comprehension. rolleyes.gif I never said I don't like music and I never said Jackson's music was the soundtrack of my life. wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 27 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jun 27 2009, 12:25 AM) *
Sorry matey, you need to learn to read with more comprehension. rolleyes.gif I never said I don't like music and I never said Jackson's music was the soundtrack of my life. wink.gif

You should learn to stop splitting hairs and being annoying. You don't have to take everything literally as if you are a kid learning life. You said "I'm not a great fan of his music, but his music does form a part of the soundtrack to my life in the 80s" Don't be so pedantic. Try to play the game instead of being irritating. rolleyes.gif

Do you realise that you have to be over 18 to be on here? Has your mummy given you permission to be on here?

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 27 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 27 2009, 11:04 AM) *
You should learn to stop splitting hairs and being annoying. You don't have to take everything literally as if you are a kid learning life. You said "I'm not a great fan of his music, but his music does form a part of the soundtrack to my life in the 80s" Don't be so pedantic. Try to play the game instead of being irritating. rolleyes.gif

I'm not splitting hairs, your post simply doesn't make sense AND changes the meaning of what I said. Your questions didn't make sense, so I was not able to respond in any other way. Being pedantic is being obsessive about detail, you utterly misquoted and misrepresented what I posted to a point where I couldn't understand what you were driving at.

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 27 2009, 11:04 AM) *
Do you realise that you have to be over 18 to be on here? Has your mummy given you permission to be on here?

BTW, any more outbursts like this and I will certainly be posting a complaint.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 27 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jun 27 2009, 11:11 AM) *
I'm not splitting hairs, your post simply doesn't make sense AND changes the meaning of what I said. Your questions didn't make sense, so I was not able to respond in any other way.

BTW, any more outbursts like this and I will certainly be posting a complaint.

It does make sense, it just doesn't make sense to you. I suggest that you find somebody else to debate with, as I will. That would be the easiest option.

I wish you all the best my friend.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 27 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 27 2009, 11:20 AM) *
It does make sense, it just doesn't make sense to you. I suggest that you find somebody else to debate with, as I will. That would be the easiest option. I wish you all the best my friend.

It would be more appropriate, I think, if you would clarify for me what you meant, rather than continue patronising me.

Here's an open question, does any one know what GMR meant by this, "But you must like some sort of music? You do mention that Jackson's music was the soundtrack of your life", as I have no idea. Particularly as it was in direct response to my post.

+Quote Post
J C
post Jun 27 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 30

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jun 26 2009, 05:33 PM) *

I think you'll find it's called catharsis

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 27 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (J C @ Jun 27 2009, 11:48 AM) *
I think you'll find it's called catharsis

Yes, I feel, as I did with my own bereavement, that it seems self indulgent. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:09 AM