Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Windrush Scandal, there are ruder words I can think of
Andy Capp
post Apr 18 2018, 08:33 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

This old data protection excuse again; pathetic!

“Officials said in a statement that the decision was taken on data protection grounds, “to ensure that personal data … should not be kept for longer than necessary. Keeping these records would have represented a potential breach of these principles”.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
On the edge
post Apr 18 2018, 10:37 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Apr 18 2018, 09:33 AM) *
This old data protection excuse again; pathetic!

“Officials said in a statement that the decision was taken on data protection grounds, “to ensure that personal data … should not be kept for longer than necessary. Keeping these records would have represented a potential breach of these principles”.

Yes, it is. This looks to me as if a Senior Civil Servant with an agenda has had his knuckles wrapped and is now looking for early retirement. The old fashioned classics would have been far more believable; water ingress in our archive, a fire sometime back or even rodents!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 18 2018, 12:00 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

Lot of tut tutting from the political elite coupled with a cosy meeting with the respective high commissioners but still they can not tell us how many have actually been deported or run a very real risk of being so. What I find even more alarming is that this could easily apply to those members of the EU who have taken up employment in this country and must be wondering how secure their tenure is irrespective of the brexit arrangement. If this happened in another country we would be demanding UN intervention yet we seem to think a few apologies in front of a tv camera and everything in the garden will be roses. angry.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 18 2018, 12:23 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 18 2018, 01:00 PM) *
Lot of tut tutting from the political elite coupled with a cosy meeting with the respective high commissioners but still they can not tell us how many have actually been deported or run a very real risk of being so. What I find even more alarming is that this could easily apply to those members of the EU who have taken up employment in this country and must be wondering how secure their tenure is irrespective of the brexit arrangement. If this happened in another country we would be demanding UN intervention yet we seem to think a few apologies in front of a tv camera and everything in the garden will be roses. angry.gif

Indeed and that's exactly what the EU are talking about right now. The elephant in the room is the UKs traditional dislike immigrants. The Windrush generation were those that brought matters to ahead, Notting Hill, Enoch Powell et al. There are rather too many crocodile tears shed for the previous generation and the immigrant set they wanted sent back. Traditionally, the Home Office have been heartily kicked and kicked for failing to manage the flows and more falling to deport those without documentation. Not really surprising then, that the Home Office staff apply the rules to the letter. Who's fault? Well, perhaps we ought to look in a mirror.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 18 2018, 02:24 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (On the edge @ Apr 18 2018, 01:23 PM) *
Indeed and that's exactly what the EU are talking about right now. The elephant in the room is the UKs traditional dislike immigrants. The Windrush generation were those that brought matters to ahead, Notting Hill, Enoch Powell et al. There are rather too many crocodile tears shed for the previous generation and the immigrant set they wanted sent back. Traditionally, the Home Office have been heartily kicked and kicked for failing to manage the flows and more falling to deport those without documentation. Not really surprising then, that the Home Office staff apply the rules to the letter. Who's fault? Well, perhaps we ought to look in a mirror.

Indeed. Just a couple of weeks ago we were on here castigating the police for being too soft on their children and claiming that a black man in a BMW was probably a pimp or yardee and now we've got this dewy eyed attitude. The talk was of a "hostile" attitude to immigrants and the swivel eyed loons cheered.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Apr 18 2018, 05:29 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 18 2018, 03:24 PM) *
Indeed. Just a couple of weeks ago we were on here castigating the police for being too soft on their children and claiming that a black man in a BMW was probably a pimp or yardee and now we've got this dewy eyed attitude. The talk was of a "hostile" attitude to immigrants and the swivel eyed loons cheered.

I don't recall. Please provide a link for Indeed. Just a couple of weeks ago we were on here castigating the police for being too soft on their children and claiming that a black man in a BMW was probably a pimp or yardee and now we've got this dewy eyed attitude.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 18 2018, 05:39 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Apr 18 2018, 06:29 PM) *
I don't recall. Please provide a link for Indeed. Just a couple of weeks ago we were on here castigating the police for being too soft on their children and claiming that a black man in a BMW was probably a pimp or yardee and now we've got this dewy eyed attitude.

Find it yourself.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 18 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 18 2018, 06:39 PM) *
Find it yourself.

Bending the truth again newres?
You won't quote me because you realise after reviewing the post I made that you are talking nonsense.😂

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 18 2018, 06:35 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

As a matter of interest, (before the name calling gets under way), wouldn't everyone have a NI and NHS number? This would be be proof positive of their right to be here which makes me wonder if there is something we are not being told. In all the confusion I can see a lot of illegal immigrants gaining status, but just maybe that is the idea.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 18 2018, 06:40 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 18 2018, 07:12 PM) *
Bending the truth again newres?
You won't quote me because you realise after reviewing the post I made that you are talking nonsense.😂

Been back and edited have we? Yes, it was you that wrote that.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 18 2018, 06:42 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 18 2018, 03:24 PM) *

This whole debacle was caused when their proof of entry cards were destroyed in 2010. Following the instruction to do so from the government in 2009. The Labour government that is! Anyone watch PMQT today? Look on Corbyns face when he realised he'd broken the golden rule. Never ask a question if you don't already know the answer. Anyone want a researchers job? there's one going!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 18 2018, 06:44 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 18 2018, 07:35 PM) *
As a matter of interest, (before the name calling gets under way), wouldn't everyone have a NI and NHS number? This would be be proof positive of their right to be here which makes me wonder if there is something we are not being told. In all the confusion I can see a lot of illegal immigrants gaining status, but just maybe that is the idea.

Out of interest, when did these numbers start getting issued? Probably not that it matters much.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 18 2018, 06:53 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 18 2018, 07:42 PM) *
This whole debacle was caused when their proof of entry cards were destroyed in 2010. Following the instruction to do so from the government in 2009. The Labour government that is! Anyone watch PMQT today? Look on Corbyns face when he realised he'd broken the golden rule. Never ask a question if you don't already know the answer. Anyone want a researchers job? there's one going!

Yes it was rather silly.

But, it does seem rather odd that the only evidence the Home Office seem to want to rely on are shipping landing dockets. As Sir William rightly points out, there are several other records which could be interrogated, including presumably even the commercial Ship's passenger list. Certainly, Labour in office and the trades unions of the time were far from colour blind, no denying that. It was the spirit of the times; but whilst most have grown to accept a changed World; a fair few and sad to,say primarily those on the right wing politically remain wedded to (for want of a better expression) the Imperial view. Similarly, it does seem that in recent years a certain ruthless efficiency has been applied and for whatever reason, Civil Servants haven't dared question their masters.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 18 2018, 06:53 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 18 2018, 07:40 PM) *
Been back and edited have we? Yes, it was you that wrote that.

Not edited. You just "chose" how you read the post. Just showing your bias. You cant even admit it when you are wrong. Disappointing.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 18 2018, 07:05 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 18 2018, 07:44 PM) *
Out of interest, when did these numbers start getting issued? Probably not that it matters much.

Today's National Insurance records started with the National Identity Card scheme introduced in WW2. This could then be used for rationing and in 1946, when the Social Security Scheme started your number was used for that too. Anyone registering at a doctors and children going to school, let alone someone taking a job would all need their NI number.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Apr 18 2018, 08:48 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 18 2018, 07:35 PM) *

My wife, who has no interest in my net stuff said the same.

--------------------

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Apr 18 2018, 08:55 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 18 2018, 06:39 PM) *
Find it yourself.

If you were confident to uphold your comments, you would chuck it back at me to confirm I am wrong. Fail.

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 18 2018, 10:40 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Apr 18 2018, 08:05 PM) *
Today's National Insurance records started with the National Identity Card scheme introduced in WW2. This could then be used for rationing and in 1946, when the Social Security Scheme started your number was used for that too. Anyone registering at a doctors and children going to school, let alone someone taking a job would all need their NI number.

Ahh, right, thanks for that.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Apr 18 2018, 10:44 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

I assume the doctor has yet to arrive.

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 19 2018, 09:59 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Apr 18 2018, 09:55 PM) *
If you were confident to uphold your comments, you would chuck it back at me to confirm I am wrong. Fail.

No I wouldn’t because I cannot be arsed. Besides which, you have clearly been radicalised and engagement is pointless hence my call the doctor comment.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:12 PM