IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Internment Should Be Seriously Considered.
Turin Machine
post Jun 1 2017, 05:59 AM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 1 2017, 05:27 AM) *
IQ is a measure of intelligence old chap, not wealth.

In my view, its difficult to get one without 'tother lad.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 1 2017, 06:14 AM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 1 2017, 06:59 AM) *

Not sure about that. Wayne Rooney? I'd be interested to know what Trump's IQ is.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 1 2017, 06:14 AM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Liar, liar, pants on fire!!

Not even had the election and he's already at it!!

"Jeremy Corbyn has refused to rule out forming a coalition Government with the SNP and the Liberal Democrats if voters return a hung parliament later this month. "

One of Mr Corbyn's closest allies Emily Thornberry also refused to rule out a Labour coalition with the SNP, saying: "I'm not dealing with hypotheticals".

This after,
"The Labour Party has not responded to a request for comment from The Independent, but it has consistently maintained that it will do “no deals” with other parties." And here,

"But Mr Corbyn has unequivocally ruled out a coalition deal with Nicola Sturgeon’s SNP."

And of course our old friends the lib Dems said,

"Tim Farron also said in April that he will do “no deal, no deal with anybody” under any circumstances."

But of course we know they're the political 'whores' of old, they'll slip between the sheets with anybody at Westminster, so I don't expect them to live up to that pledge. Still Jeremy, man of your word? Or simply another lying politician? I suspect the latter despite his apparent canonisation on this forum. 😁

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 1 2017, 06:16 AM
Post #64

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 1 2017, 07:14 AM) *
Not sure about that. Wayne Rooney? I'd be interested to know what Trump's IQ is.

Naw, Donald is a sweet boy, just misunderstood! ��

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 1 2017, 06:29 AM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 1 2017, 05:27 AM) *
IQ is a measure of intelligence old chap, not wealth.

Quite right old bean! Sorry about that, late, tired, sort of thing. Bad form to boast, father taught me to be better than that. Anyhow, long day ahead, off down to Exeter now to do a couple of days consultancy, memsahib wants a new polo pony (or similar) got to help another Tory boy grind some more workers into the dust while quaffing champers from a crystal goblet and lighting a Cuban with another twenty. laugh.gif toodle pip!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 1 2017, 07:11 AM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 1 2017, 06:09 AM) *
But JC wasn't going to the debate either... No mention of hs U turn from the trotskies.

At least Corbyn still went.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 1 2017, 07:16 AM
Post #67

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 1 2017, 07:14 AM) *
But of course we know they're the political 'whores' of old, they'll slip between the sheets with anybody at Westminster, so I don't expect them to live up to that pledge. Still Jeremy, man of your word? Or simply another lying politician? I suspect the latter despite his apparent canonisation on this forum. 😁

JC is full of shoite too; however, 'strong and stable' is anything but.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 1 2017, 07:24 AM
Post #68

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 1 2017, 08:11 AM) *
At least Corbyn still went.

Of course he went, it was a stunt. Still, I expect you know that already. 😎

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 1 2017, 07:24 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 1 2017, 07:29 AM) *
Quite right old bean! Sorry about that, late, tired, sort of thing. Bad form to boast, father taught me to be better than that. Anyhow, long day ahead, off down to Exeter now to do a couple of days consultancy, memsahib wants a new polo pony (or similar) got to help another Tory boy grind some more workers into the dust while quaffing champers from a crystal goblet and lighting a Cuban with another twenty. laugh.gif toodle pip!

Oh Je suis, you are a one! So it all came from Dad then. Phew, for a ghastly minute, I had you down for one of the Tories who had to buy their own furniture.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 1 2017, 07:27 AM
Post #70

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 1 2017, 06:59 AM) *

So hasn't life been good to you then? laugh.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 1 2017, 07:45 AM
Post #71

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 31 2017, 11:28 PM) *
Troudeau. Yep. And they dont tend to fight wars. Though I found it a bit cold in Bannff the other year. You are an enigma Mr Edge. You know Corbyn would be a disaster. Just a different kind. �� Brexit will pale into insignificance. I think the Company I work for would deffo relocate.

I voted for Brexit simply because the alternative was staying with an unreformed, out of control, totalitarian Franco / German dominated leech that was sucking us dry and deliberately levelling us to the standards of one of its vassal states. There was some immediate palliatives, but the outlook was fixed, bleak and irreversable.

I also firmly believe that Brexit will cause us some pain, in fact, to be honest, some great pain, initially. However, if we bear that, there is every chance we can create a new and much better future for ourselves. Necessarily, we'll be part of a World market and not constrained by protectionist Europe. The future could be very bright, it could be bleak, but it can at least be changed because it's in our hands.

So, who best to deliver. There is hardly any point in looking for new leaders, there aren't any. For me, the right wing market forces unconstrained capitalist approach hasn't worked and is now part of the problem not the solution. It's only salvation was 'microwave politics' where it's ways are sold like soap powder. The base Tory agenda hasn't changed.

So, look at what Labour says it proposes; which whilst it may hurt short term makes much more sense to take us onwards safely. Jeremy Corbyn, he is just the leader and recognises that. A leader actually listens to other people and tries to deliver their collective vision, not her, or his own.

So, I foresee that under whoever you vote for, it's going to be painful, but there is rather more of a chance that under Labour, the pain will eventually end.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 1 2017, 10:22 AM
Post #72

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 1 2017, 08:24 AM) *
Oh Je suis, you are a one! So it all came from Dad then. Phew, for a ghastly minute, I had you down for one of the Tories who had to buy their own furniture.

Now, here's the thing, having read JSC,s post, nowhere, at all, did I read any mention of 'Dad' having given him anything at all! So, out of pure interest, where and how did you extrapolate that..? Mischief? Or simply demonstrating a rather twisted and somewhat hateful view of anyone with money.?

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 1 2017, 11:20 AM
Post #73

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 1 2017, 11:22 AM) *
Now, here's the thing, having read JSC,s post, nowhere, at all, did I read any mention of 'Dad' having given him anything at all! So, out of pure interest, where and how did you extrapolate that..? Mischief? Or simply demonstrating a rather twisted and somewhat hateful view of anyone with money.?

I doubt perceived wealth would be the reason he would loath JSC.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 1 2017, 11:42 AM
Post #74

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 1 2017, 08:27 AM) *
So hasn't life been good to you then? laugh.gif

Life, has been excellent! Thanks for asking.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Jun 1 2017, 01:48 PM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 1 2017, 07:14 AM) *
Liar, liar, pants on fire!!

Not even had the election and he's already at it!!

"Jeremy Corbyn has refused to rule out forming a coalition Government with the SNP and the Liberal Democrats if voters return a hung parliament later this month. "

One of Mr Corbyn's closest allies Emily Thornberry also refused to rule out a Labour coalition with the SNP, saying: "I'm not dealing with hypotheticals".

This after,
"The Labour Party has not responded to a request for comment from The Independent, but it has consistently maintained that it will do “no deals” with other parties." And here,

"But Mr Corbyn has unequivocally ruled out a coalition deal with Nicola Sturgeon’s SNP."

And of course our old friends the lib Dems said,

"Tim Farron also said in April that he will do “no deal, no deal with anybody” under any circumstances."

If Labour and the SNP could form a majority coalition government I'd not only like that but I'd argue that both parties should feel an obligation to work together. I felt last time round that with such overwhelming support for the SNP in Scotland that it was unjust that they should have no role in the government of the UK. Obviously the SNP are not politically aligned with the Conservatives and they're not as inclined as the Liberals to prostitute their values for a sniff of power, but Labour and the SNP have a fair bit in common (aside from the question of Scottish independence on which I believe Labour are wrong) so a Labour-SNP coalition would be a great result from where I'm sitting.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 1 2017, 02:25 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Jun 1 2017, 02:48 PM) *
If Labour and the SNP could form a majority coalition government I'd not only like that but I'd argue that both parties should feel an obligation to work together. I felt last time round that with such overwhelming support for the SNP in Scotland that it was unjust that they should have no role in the government of the UK. Obviously the SNP are not politically aligned with the Conservatives and they're not as inclined as the Liberals to prostitute their values for a sniff of power, but Labour and the SNP have a fair bit in common (aside from the question of Scottish independence on which I believe Labour are wrong) so a Labour-SNP coalition would be a great result from where I'm sitting.

So even though he ruled it out unequivocally, it's ok to to go ahead and do it? I know it's politics and I already know your answer, I just get frustrated that's he's already gone back on what he said and I believe it reinforces my view he can't be trusted. With anything.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 1 2017, 03:14 PM
Post #77

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 1 2017, 03:25 PM) *
So even though he ruled it out unequivocally, it's ok to to go ahead and do it? I know it's politics and I already know your answer, I just get frustrated that's he's already gone back on what he said and I believe it reinforces my view he can't be trusted. With anything.

Er... TM, Brexit?? Amber Rudd?? How can they bang the drum for something they don't believe in? Whatever the people voted, have the no principles?

It's normal for parties to rule out a coalition. Doubtless TM would do the same.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 1 2017, 04:23 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 1 2017, 11:22 AM) *

Quite simple really, read all the rest of the posts between him and me and you'll see. JSC is well adept at doing exactly the same.

As for my views on money, for me it's not a driver, the accumulation of great wealth has no attraction for me at all. So, if I meet people, I'm far more interested in their views and what they actually do to help our society. Put it this way, I was a first report to a rather insecure director once, who grew rather frustrated with me 'you are the only one of my team that doesn't want my job and only does what you and not me says is right'. Quite happy with that, frankly.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 1 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

So that rules out voting for Mrs May then, or indeed the LibDems. In Newbury, fortunatley you have two choices left.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 1 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Hard to disagree with this:

"Only a year ago, Theresa May declared that being in the EU makes us more secure, more prosperous, more influential.

The relentlessly upbeat assessment of Brexit in her speech today is a U-turn of epic proportions.

It is also dangerous, because it is calculated to distract attention from the shark-infested waters which we are now entering, and the fact that Theresa May herself has steered us towards them.

What comes next is not the sunny picture described in this delusional speech.

Negotiating Brexit will be task of monumental proportions which - even if handled expertly - will do great damage to our prosperity, the state of our public services and Britain’s place in the world."

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:55 AM