Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Russia
newres
post Mar 21 2018, 06:51 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,961

I can’t help but think the hype over the Salisbury attack and some of the talk of Government is seriously out of proportion to the importance of the event to this country and I can’t help but think it’s oartly being driven to get Brexit off the front page.

It’s at worst a political assassination. We’ve seen it before and doubtless we’ll see it again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 21 2018, 07:47 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (newres @ Mar 21 2018, 06:51 PM) *
I can’t help but think the hype over the Salisbury attack and some of the talk of Government is seriously out of proportion to the importance of the event to this country and I can’t help but think it’s oartly being driven to get Brexit off the front page.

It’s at worst a political assassination. We’ve seen it before and doubtless we’ll see it again.

Does seem strange that it happened at a time that Brexit negotiators had taken a week off. What is even more obvious is that it coincided with Putin dipping his toe in the democratic pond and, surprise surprise, his countrymen rally their support for the poor fellow.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 21 2018, 08:46 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Mar 21 2018, 06:51 PM) *

The EU has finally woken up to the huge hole we are going to leave in project federal europe so is finally beginning to talk in a more reconciling manner. As for the Russians I doubt Putin ordered it but he was probably given the option of saying no. As it happens it fitted his agenda so let "them" carry on. I expect that the #novachok agent used was old and probably not as potent and therefore this was the outcome. I still think it was likely a drone delivery.

+Quote Post
newres
post Mar 21 2018, 09:17 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 21 2018, 08:46 PM) *
The EU has finally woken up to the huge hole we are going to leave in project federal europe so is finally beginning to talk in a more reconciling manner. As for the Russians I doubt Putin ordered it but he was probably given the option of saying no. As it happens it fitted his agenda so let "them" carry on. I expect that the #novachok agent used was old and probably not as potent and therefore this was the outcome. I still think it was likely a drone delivery.

Whatever, it couldn’t have come at a better time for the government and they are keeping it on the front pages. Our press are being manipulated in my opinion.

As for your point in the EU waking up, there is no deal yet and the terms of the holding period are the th me UK adheres to EU law. Northern Ireland is going to be the biggie. As it stands NI will be isolated from the rest of the UK.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 21 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Mar 21 2018, 09:17 PM) *
Whatever, it couldn’t have come at a better time for the government and they are keeping it on the front pages. Our press are being manipulated in my opinion.

As for your point in the EU waking up, there is no deal yet and the terms of the holding period are the th me UK adheres to EU law. Northern Ireland is going to be the biggie. As it stands NI will be isolated from the rest of the UK.

You seem to be hinting that it was MI5 or someone because it suits your narrative. Just as a matter of interest if a deal were struck to sort out the NI issue I presume you would be disappointed???? Speaks volumes....

+Quote Post
newres
post Mar 22 2018, 06:54 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 21 2018, 10:38 PM) *
You seem to be hinting that it was MI5 or someone because it suits your narrative. Just as a matter of interest if a deal were struck to sort out the NI issue I presume you would be disappointed???? Speaks volumes....

No, I believe it was Russians. I don’t believe necessarily it st was a state sanctioned killing though. Why do it now? They had him in jail for long enough. He is a traitor after all. No one on here would be moaning if it was as Kim Philby.

Re Northern Ireland. There is no solution unless Eire and the EU are willing to forego a border. Why should they?

And if it scuppers Brexit, yes I’d be happy because All Independant forecasts predict a decline. Even the PM believes it is bad for the country. The whole thing is absurd.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Mar 22 2018, 04:05 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (newres @ Mar 22 2018, 07:54 AM) *
And if it scuppers Brexit, yes I’d be happy because All Independant forecasts predict a decline. Even the PM believes it is bad for the country. The whole thing is absurd.

Then why did they ask us numbskulls in the first place?
The very fact that you are against it pleases me that I voted to leave and that it was the right decision! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Mar 22 2018, 04:35 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Mar 22 2018, 04:05 PM) *
Then why did they ask us numbskulls in the first place?
The very fact that you are against it pleases me that I voted to leave and that it was the right decision! tongue.gif

No, the fact that the democratic vote of the people shows they want to leave is immaterial to him. Me? Got some champagne on ice just waiting.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 22 2018, 05:02 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 22 2018, 04:35 PM) *
No, the fact that the democratic vote of the people shows they want to leave is immaterial to him. Me? Got some champagne on ice just waiting.

You forget. Newres is far more intelligent than you thickos.😂

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 23 2018, 03:36 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 22 2018, 05:02 PM) *

Or as Mr Shakespeare alluded "A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool".

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Mar 23 2018, 05:13 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 22 2018, 05:02 PM) *

I've seen less floundering in a rock pool at low tide.

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 2 2018, 05:25 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Trump’s obviously not too bothered as he’s invited Putin to the White House.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 2 2018, 06:22 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Of course! It never was serious, all good knockabout fun! UK keep coughing up to keep the game going, Trump gets buffed up as an astute statesman, Putin back on the top table......also rans wetting themselves. Triples all round.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 2 2018, 11:51 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Apr 2 2018, 07:22 PM) *
Of course! It never was serious, all good knockabout fun! UK keep coughing up to keep the game going, Trump gets buffed up as an astute statesman, Putin back on the top table......also rans wetting themselves. Triples all round.

What's a trade war between friends?

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 3 2018, 09:16 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Well, we’ll, well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43633694

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Apr 3 2018, 11:03 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 3 2018, 10:16 PM) *

This sort of journalism is frustrating; it wasn’t their job to explain its source.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 4 2018, 12:54 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 3 2018, 10:16 PM) *
Well, we’ll, well

Been on the weed again?

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 4 2018, 04:57 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Apr 4 2018, 12:03 AM) *
This sort of journalism is frustrating; it wasn’t their job to explain its source.

The problem is that we were told by the government that it was established that Russia was the source. That is why we can’t trust them to tell us the truth.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Apr 4 2018, 05:13 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 4 2018, 05:57 AM) *
The problem is that we were told by the government that it was established that Russia was the source. That is why we can’t trust them to tell us the truth.

No we can’t trust them, but it doesn’t help when journalists twist the truth to promote a headline. It also doesn’t help when a PD spokesman makes it easy for a journalist to makes misleading headlines by using a poor choice if words.

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 4 2018, 05:29 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Apr 4 2018, 06:13 AM) *
No we can’t trust them, but it doesn’t help when journalists twist the truth to promote a headline. It also doesn’t help when a PD spokesman makes it easy for a journalist to makes misleading headlines by using a poor choice if words.

This is the first time we’ve been told the truth. And it’s not front page news this time. Once again Jeremy Corbyn was right despite all of the abuse he and anyone who supported his position received. There is no smoking gun. The evidence is just circumstantial.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:12 PM