> Drunks, contradictions and such, but never a dull moment
Chesapeake
post Jul 31 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 205

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jul 31 2009, 04:06 PM) *
The police will target whoever appears softer, if there's a chance of confrontation they will run a mile, stand up to them and they will probably leave you alone.

I don't thinnk I have ever heard anything so rediculous! If you know any policemen or women anad talk to them you will understand that they enjoy nothing better than a tussle with a criminal and they have very in depth training on how to do it professionally and effectively whilst causing the least injuries possible. Grrrrrrr! Grrrrrr! Grrrrrrrrrr angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Jul 31 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

A quiet life with nothing but peety crimne to deal with is not the reason they joined the police! Grrrrr! Grrrrr! Grrrrr! angry.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 31 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Jul 31 2009, 04:13 PM) *
I don't thinnk I have ever heard anything so rediculous! If you know any policemen or women anad talk to them you will understand that they enjoy nothing better than a tussle with a criminal and they have very in depth training on how to do it professionally and effectively whilst causing the least injuries possible. Grrrrrrr! Grrrrrr! Grrrrrrrrrr angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Not Thames Valley, they are officially one of the worst forces in England.Look at the farcial response to the Hermitage shooting for example. And the UK police are some of the worst in the world, they keep attacking and killing people Jean Charles de Menezes, that guy at the G8 protest, and those two other suspected terrorists in London, (attacked but no killed luckily). Look at the dog handler that recently killed two dogs by locking them in a car! Try and report a crime and see what happens, you think you're angry at me, wait till you get robbed and have to deal with the bullying, inept fantasists that are the modern police force and I'm sure you will get a lot angrier. As an example to back up my statement, I was pulled over numerous times when I inadvertantly bought a marked car. I tried reasoning and being polite each time it happened and still ended up getting producers all the time. One day I snapped told the guy to p*ss off I was leaving, and he let me go.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 31 2009, 03:27 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Jul 31 2009, 04:15 PM) *
A quiet life with nothing but peety crimne to deal with is not the reason they joined the police! Grrrrr! Grrrrr! Grrrrr! angry.gif

Most of join because they have either an inferiority complex, want to drive fast cars, or want to act above the law with a bit of protection.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 31 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Jul 31 2009, 04:15 PM) *

The police join the police force to make a difference (at least some of them do), but red tape, bureaucracy, incompetent judges have sometimes prevented them doing that work. On top of that the police have so much paper work to do that is not always feasible to do what they set out to do. Police make judgements that are not always in tune with what is right or the best interest of the public (from the public's point of view); here lies the problem.

Yes there are some fantastic police as there are fantastic councillors out there; they don't get praised because they are doing what they are supposed to do, what they are being paid for. The ones that do get into the news, and spoil it for the good ones (and that forum members complain about), are those that are not doing what they are supposed to do; and rightly so.

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Jul 31 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jul 31 2009, 04:26 PM) *
Not Thames Valley, they are officially one of the worst forces in England.Look at the farcial response to the Hermitage shooting for example. And the UK police are some of the worst in the world, they keep attacking and killing people Jean Charles de Menezes, that guy at the G8 protest, and those two other suspected terrorists in London, (attacked but no killed luckily). Look at the dog handler that recently killed two dogs by locking them in a car! Try and report a crime and see what happens, you think you're angry at me, wait till you get robbed and have to deal with the bullying, inept fantasists that are the modern police force and I'm sure you will get a lot angrier. As an example to back up my statement, I was pulled over numerous times when I inadvertantly bought a marked car. I tried reasoning and being polite each time it happened and still ended up getting producers all the time. One day I snapped told the guy to p*ss off I was leaving, and he let me go.

I have only one in my life had a bad experience with the police. Every other time I have had to call the police fo assistance they have been absolutely fantastic. I cannot believe the amount of negative generalistic comments that are posted on this site from people who are not informed enough or it seems intelligent enough to make such remarks.

There are mistakes that are made as we are human and not robots. The difference between making a mistake as an office worker and making a mistake as a policeman, surgeon, docctor are vast. People love to jump on the bad points as we are unfortunately naturaly morbid beings and love peoples bad luck. Good news does not sell newspapers.

Don't forget that Jean Charles de Menezes was working hear illegally and the unfortunate situation with the gentalman at the G8 protest was that he was an alcoholic with serious health issues, drunk and was continually getting in the way and ignoring the police requests to move on.

I hope that you are really proud of yourself that you were such a Big Man and swore at a police officer doing his job!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 31 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Jul 31 2009, 04:41 PM) *
I have only one in my life had a bad experience with the police. Every other time I have had to call the police fo assistance they have been absolutely fantastic. I cannot believe the amount of negative generalistic comments that are posted on this site from people who are not informed enough or it seems intelligent enough to make such remarks.

There are mistakes that are made as we are human and not robots. The difference between making a mistake as an office worker and making a mistake as a policeman, surgeon, docctor are vast. People love to jump on the bad points as we are unfortunately naturaly morbid beings and love peoples bad luck. Good news does not sell newspapers.

Don't forget that Jean Charles de Menezes was working hear illegally and the unfortunate situation with the gentalman at the G8 protest was that he was an alcoholic with serious health issues, drunk and was continually getting in the way and ignoring the police requests to move on.

I hope that you are really proud of yourself that you were such a Big Man and swore at a police officer doing his job!

Why do you say I am not informed enough just because I disagree with you? I have had many dealings with the police for all sorts of reasons, I was chairman of a NAG panel and have been a local councillor so I would say I am pretty well informed. Also the home office statistics on Thames Valley police are pretty damning in themselves and more telling, and less biased than someone who has friends in the force. The difference in consequence between making a mistake in an office and in a police situation are of course vast, but neither should really be happening, especially not with the alarming regularity the police do. I don't believe the results of the IPCC inquiry, or the third post mortem on Ian Tomlinson have beenreleased yet so we'll see what happens there but have you seen the video footage? He was moving along until he was attacked from behind by a group of policemen. If working here illegally, or being an alcoholic means you should be murdered then I think you are even harsher than most of the critics on here! My final point is that if I am going to be harrsased, bullied, pushed around and sworn at by the police, then yes I do feel perfectly justified in swearing at them. Incidentally if he was any good at his job, acting proffesionally and commanded any respect he wouldn't have let me get away with it would he?

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 31 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Not long before this happened I was pulled over and accused of having a bald tire, which the policeman didn't measure. Whilst I was in the back of the panda car getting my ticket issued his mate called over the radio and arranged to all go and meet for a kebab, the guy was in such a hurry to get there he filed out the ticket wrongly and still didn;t measure the tire. He also allowed me to drive home. The case was dropped, but shows how bad yet another TVP is.

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Jul 31 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jul 31 2009, 05:02 PM) *
Why do you say I am not informed enough just because I disagree with you? I have had many dealings with the police for all sorts of reasons, I was chairman of a NAG panel and have been a local councillor so I would say I am pretty well informed. Also the home office statistics on Thames Valley police are pretty damning in themselves and more telling, and less biased than someone who has friends in the force. The difference in consequence between making a mistake in an office and in a police situation are of course vast, but neither should really be happening, especially not with the alarming regularity the police do. I don't believe the results of the IPCC inquiry, or the third post mortem on Ian Tomlinson have beenreleased yet so we'll see what happens there but have you seen the video footage? He was moving along until he was attacked from behind by a group of policemen. If working here illegally, or being an alcoholic means you should be murdered then I think you are even harsher than most of the critics on here! My final point is that if I am going to be harrsased, bullied, pushed around and sworn at by the police, then yes I do feel perfectly justified in swearing at them. Incidentally if he was any good at his job, acting proffesionally and commanded any respect he wouldn't have let me get away with it would he?

I in no way think that either Jean Charles or Mr Tomlinson deserved to die but neither of them were complying with the law. Mr Tomlinson was not "attacked" (very dramatic and over the top) he was pushed as he would not get out of the way and was interfering with the police doing their job. The infamous video of him being pushed was only the end of the whole incident as this was not the first time that he had interfered with police that day and refused to move.

You say that you WERE Chairman of a NAG panel and also you WERE a local councillor. I'm impressed! And having held positions of responsibilty and also been in a position to understand the way that the law works you still swear at police who stop you because you are in a marked car and drive around in a car that allegedly had a bald tyre. I'm impressed! Tyres have little markers within the tread pattern and these are set at 1.6mm (the minimum legal depth of tread). If your tread anywhere on your tyre is below these markers then they are contrary to the Road Traffic Act and you are committing an offence by driving on them. The policeman does not have to measure them because they have these built in measures. If you checked your tyres then you would have seen these measures.

He made a mistake on your docs and twice it seems you have got away with committing an offence. I'm impressed! Are you proud? Did you get your tyres checked and changed?

As to the policeman hurrying to get his dinner well, he's human and was hungry.

When you state that TVP Home Office Statistics are pretty damming please tell me where you get your information form as I have just looked up their Home Officce Performance Statistics and they are excellent and show them performing consistantly above requirements in all areas, getting "3 = Consistently above minimum requirements - performing well" and "4 = Well above minimum requirements - performing strongly".

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jul 31 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 31 2009, 03:12 PM) *
People can be law abiding ...

Like somebody dropping litter ...

How can someone dropping litter be law abiding?

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Jul 31 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

People can be law abiding and make mistakes, compared to the habitual type.

The mistake being breaking the law. Law abiding is abiding by the law, no exceptions.

Like somebody dropping litter and the police jump on the person and totally ignore the anti-social behaviour.

Littering is an incredibly irritating form of anti-social behaviour. I would vote for far more enforcement of anti-littering laws.

Somebody who just goes over the speed limit and is jumped upon etc. If the police only use that sort of enthusiasm for real scum instead of "law abiding citizens."

Few people 'just go over' the speed limit on one occasion and get caught by the police. For a start the police ignore anyone 'just over the limit'. Anyone who has been caught speeding is very, very likely to be someone who habitually broke that particular law - an habitual criminal in fact.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 31 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Jul 31 2009, 08:40 PM) *
How can someone dropping litter be law abiding?

Aren't we being a bit nit-picky here? it certainly isn't in the same class as anti social behaviour.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 31 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Jul 31 2009, 05:56 PM) *
I in no way think that either Jean Charles or Mr Tomlinson deserved to die but neither of them were complying with the law. Mr Tomlinson was not "attacked" (very dramatic and over the top) he was pushed as he would not get out of the way and was interfering with the police doing their job. The infamous video of him being pushed was only the end of the whole incident as this was not the first time that he had interfered with police that day and refused to move. We'll wait for the enquiry on that one, I do understand there was a fracas before the pushing, but the police haven't exactly come up smelling of roses so far.

You say that you WERE Chairman of a NAG panel and also you WERE a local councillor. I was elected into these positions by the public, just because you and I don't see eye to eye, doesn't meant that I am wrong, or that I don't care about things I'm impressed! And having held positions of responsibilty and also been in a position to understand the way that the law works you still swear at police(Again having been sworn at and threatened first). Why do you condone the police breaking the law? who stop you because you are in a marked car and drive around in a car that allegedly (yes allegedly, it was not checked and it was pitch black) had a bald tyre. I'm impressed! Tyres have little markers within the tread pattern and these are set at 1.6mm (the minimum legal depth of tread). If your tread anywhere on your tyre is below these markers then they are contrary to the Road Traffic Act and you are committing an offence by driving on them. The policeman does not have to measure them because they have these built in measures. If you checked your tyres then you would have seen these measures.

He made a mistake on your docs and twice twice? it seems you have got away with committing an offence No, the alleged offence was not proved, and therefore not an offence, plus if they were bald he wouldn't have let me drive off on them. And if he did, then he is again being negligent.. I'm impressed! Are you proud?It's not about pride it's about right and wrong Did you get your tyres checked and changed?Yes and yes, it needed doing but were not illegal

As to the policeman hurrying to get his dinner well, he's human and was hungry. Of course he needs his dinner, but he doesn't have to have it at the same time as all of friends, nor should he stop in the middle of something to go and get it, especially if it means he neglected his duties

When you state that TVP Home Office Statistics are pretty damming please tell me where you get your information form as I have just looked up their Home Officce Performance Statistics and they are excellent and show them performing consistantly above requirements in all areas, getting "3 = Consistently above minimum requirements - performing well" and "4 = Well above minimum requirements - performing strongly". The league tables, they are slightly behind as these things often are, but the last available table I can find is here http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/c...t=12&page=2, if they have improved, then fair play to them, but I still think they're terrible. However I will concede that you can't have marshall law either so you've got to have someone

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 31 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 31 2009, 08:45 PM) *
Aren't we being a bit nit-picky here? it certainly isn't in the same class as anti social behaviour.

I think it is!

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jul 31 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 31 2009, 08:45 PM) *

It is if you live on a busy street & have an endless stream of cans, bottles, wrappers, & general detritus chucked into your front garden every day.

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Jul 31 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Strafin, we both have very strong opinions on this subject based on our own individual experiences. The variety of views that we have expressed makes the world go round. It certainly hasn't been boring and I have very much enjoyed the "debate" that we have had and just wish that you could be able to see the goodneass in the police that I have seen and experienced. My experiences have been more far reaching than the majority of the population will ever have to experience.

It greatly concerns me that you say you have "been sworn at and threatened first"! If this sort of behaviour happened then it needs investigating. Did you report it at the time? Always get the shoulder number.

I do hope that we have not fallen out over this situation. You never know we might find some common ground on another subject that comes up. wub.gif

I am actually a really nice person but I have spent a large part of my life defending and supporting those who I believe are unfairly treated and thus some threads on this forum get my blood boiling.

Best wishes to you and yours and look forward to our next debate. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 31 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jul 31 2009, 09:14 PM) *
It is if you live on a busy street & have an endless stream of cans, bottles, wrappers, & general detritus chucked into your front garden every day.

Yes, but I'd rather have that than have anti social behaviour; at least you can easily pick up the rubbish. Anti social behaviour seems/ does to go unchallenged.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 31 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jul 31 2009, 08:53 PM) *
I think it is!

Which one are you saying "it is" too?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 31 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Jul 31 2009, 09:15 PM) *
Strafin, we both have very strong opinions on this subject based on our own individual experiences. The variety of views that we have expressed makes the world go round. It certainly hasn't been boring and I have very much enjoyed the "debate" that we have had and just wish that you could be able to see the goodneass in the police that I have seen and experienced. My experiences have been more far reaching than the majority of the population will ever have to experience.

It greatly concerns me that you say you have "been sworn at and threatened first"! If this sort of behaviour happened then it needs investigating. Did you report it at the time? Always get the shoulder number.

I do hope that we have not fallen out over this situation. You never know we might find some common ground on another subject that comes up. wub.gif

I am actually a really nice person but I have spent a large part of my life defending and supporting those who I believe are unfairly treated and thus some threads on this forum get my blood boiling.

Best wishes to you and yours and look forward to our next debate. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif

Hi,

Having a strong disagreement doesn't mean one falls out. You've disagreed with me and I respected your views.... I then came back at you. That doesn't equal that we've fallen out. Strafin is a good sport and likes a strong debate; we've often disagreed but I like debating with him and other on here.

Of course if they push me too far then that would be it wink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 31 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Jul 31 2009, 09:15 PM) *

I was just thinking of posting something similar, I think we can agree to disagree. I worry that you think I'm some tattooed BNP yob, but I'm not! I think you come across very well and enjoy our debates, I think you raise some good points too, and to be completely honest, if you met me in a different place I would bite my tongue a lot more as I don't actually enjoy upsetting people, or causing "keyboard rage"! Thank you for the interesting conversation.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:18 AM