Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Some good news
Darren
post Mar 8 2010, 01:55 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 61

Hot on the heals of the Otter spotting, it seems we have a pair of Red Kites in the area.

Regularly seen 2 wheeling high over Northcroft during the last few days. Not sure if they are a breeding pair or just 2 solitary birds.

Sadly no photos yet as they are either too far away when I do have my camera, or really close and no camera angry.gif

With a bit of luck and being left in peace, there may well be more soon. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Bloggo
post Mar 8 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Darren @ Mar 8 2010, 01:55 PM) *
Hot on the heals of the Otter spotting, it seems we have a pair of Red Kites in the area.

Regularly seen 2 wheeling high over Northcroft during the last few days. Not sure if they are a breeding pair or just 2 solitary birds.

Sadly no photos yet as they are either too far away when I do have my camera, or really close and no camera angry.gif

With a bit of luck and being left in peace, there may well be more soon. smile.gif

There are. I know of at least two pairs between Newbury and Hungerford along the A4.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Mariejader
post Mar 8 2010, 06:46 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 591

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Mar 8 2010, 01:58 PM) *
There are. I know of at least two pairs between Newbury and Hungerford along the A4.

I think there are quite a few in the area to be honest, there is one that is always flying over my garden teasing me as soon as I go for the camera it's gone!!

--------------------
www.mad4photography.co.uk

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Mar 8 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 258

QUOTE (Mariejader @ Mar 8 2010, 07:46 PM) *
I think there are quite a few in the area to be honest, there is one that is always flying over my garden teasing me as soon as I go for the camera it's gone!!

Travel up stream along the River Lambourn from Newbury, through Shefford, East Garston, Eastbury & to the river's source in Lambourn & you won't be disappointed. Red Kites along the valley are abundant, I see several every day but they never fail to impress. Less common are the buzzards, but they can often be spotted too. At school the children take these birds presence for granted, I guess their young lives have always been graced with kites in our environment. They barely even look up when I draw their attention to the calls made by the parent birds to their young. The scenario reminds me of how my father-in-law often tells us of how his father gave him an exotic fruit as a school boy....it was a banana, which of course we take for granted as a common food stuff today!

+Quote Post
Darren
post Mar 8 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Not seen them this close to the town centre before. A few weeks ago I was over at Chinnor and the skies were filled with them.

Now, any chance of an Osprey moving in? Would make me very happy indeed.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Mar 8 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

See them over the fields around Vodafone from time to time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:55 AM