IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> South Africa; the world Cup and England's chances.
GMR
post Jun 4 2010, 10:39 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

So, what are the chances for England in south Africa? And if you don't think England will win then who do you think will win?

Who will replace Rio?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brewmaster
post Jun 5 2010, 09:48 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 201

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 4 2010, 11:39 PM) *
So, what are the chances for England in south Africa? And if you don't think England will win then who do you think will win?

Who will replace Rio?

And who cares?

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 5 2010, 09:52 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Brewmaster @ Jun 5 2010, 10:48 AM) *
And who cares?

No-one, so go and grumble round your own house. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 5 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

That's the problem with people who don't like the world cup. They want to spoil it for everyone else as well. think we've got a good chance, we always do, the cup format means anyone can win on the day, and we are strong. I have a lot of faith in Capello, I'm not sure on a couple of his choices but he is training day in and day out with the players so I am sure he knows more than me!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 5 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

And who cares?

i think more care than don't. People enjoy it, the evolvement and comradeship; that can't be a bad think even if one doesn't like football.

+Quote Post
Jobet
post Jun 5 2010, 12:15 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 35

It has been reported that Stephen Gerrard is going to be Captain for the rest of the tour. I am not too sure about the team as a whole but will wish them the best of luck anyway smile.gif

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jun 5 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

Hope there's a decent rumble too... wink.gif I'd quite like to see the RSA police force giving it out 'No Holds Barred' stylie to a bunch of wayward fans...... It'll only happen once........

It will probably be the cloggie fans that get sorted out though, rather than Ingerland troublemakers..... The dutch have a strong connection with the old boer boys and that might just make them more satisfying targets for a swift application of the odd sjambok or two round the back of the legs.....

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jun 5 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

oh... and as for the football... hope there's plenty of top level skills on display and an 'underdog' team for the neutral fans to get behind.... (North Korea maybe? laugh.gif )

but PLEASE.. no more of the bad acting skills! (ie Ball hits shin, footballer goes down clutching head as if shot by marksman) Too funny for words....

+Quote Post
Guest_Newbury Expat_*
post Jun 5 2010, 10:32 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 5 2010, 04:05 AM) *
i think more care than don't. People enjoy it, the evolvement and comradeship; that can't be a bad think even if one doesn't like football.

Plenty of people do and plenty of people don't.

I do find it interesting though that people who don't go out of their way to chime in that they don't. You know, if I see something that's not of interest I don't bother wasting time on it. I don't find every single thread in every single forum of interest but I don't go posting "who cares" in each and every one of them, I just don't participate and everybody's happy. Mind you I'm generally happy when others are happy rather than miserable when others are happy so I guess I'm already predisposed to not being a grumpy bugger smile.gif

As for England's chances, we're one of the top 8 nations I'd say but whether we can get to the semi finals or beyond depends on the luck of the draw and no penalty shoot-outs!

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jun 6 2010, 06:56 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (spartacus @ Jun 5 2010, 04:47 PM) *
oh... and as for the football... hope there's plenty of top level skills on display and an 'underdog' team for the neutral fans to get behind.... (North Korea maybe? laugh.gif )

They'll have a team for about 30 seconds after they land. Then the S Korea team will suddenly double.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jun 6 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (spartacus @ Jun 5 2010, 04:42 PM) *
The dutch have a strong connection with the old boer boys

However, according to a recent item on TV, the boers are more into rugby football than the association variety.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jun 6 2010, 09:50 AM
Post #12

Guests

And who cares?

Loads of us!

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Jun 6 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 121

And who cares?

Well you read the thread and made a comment, so I guess you do either one way or the other

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Jun 6 2010, 04:11 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 121

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 4 2010, 11:39 PM) *

Who will replace Rio?

I have to say GMR, I thought it would be Dawson, him being the only centre back and all. Not only that but his form this season has been great. As for Englands chances, I think we'll make it through the group but after that if any games go to penalties, we could be in trouble.

I think Heskey is a very underated player, he's a very unselfish player. He was the right choice instead of Walcott, for many reasons

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 8 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy1 @ Jun 6 2010, 05:11 PM) *
I have to say GMR, I thought it would be Dawson, him being the only centre back and all. Not only that but his form this season has been great. As for Englands chances, I think we'll make it through the group but after that if any games go to penalties, we could be in trouble.

I think Heskey is a very underated player, he's a very unselfish player. He was the right choice instead of Walcott, for many reasons

Hi, agree. But I presume King will be ahead of Dawson.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:50 AM