Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bonnie and Clyde sent to jail.
GMR
post Mar 11 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

Yes, the famous and notorious couple Bonnie and Clyde (also known as the respectable and honest (honourable) Lib-Dem pair... or is that pear? Chris Huhne & Vicky Pryce ) were sent down for mass murder (sorry, I got that wrong) swapping points (points making prizes... in their cases their prize was 8 months in jail). Should they have been sent down or just given a warning? After all they belong to an honourable party that supports women (Lord Rennard), honesty and the integrity of the law and they are one of the most respectable parties in this country (just look at David Rendal and what he did for Newbury). So what do Newburians think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Mar 11 2013, 08:19 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Just glad to see that no one is above the law. I thought one of the most telling outcomes today was the fact that Huhne was banned just five months after the 'swap'. Clearly what he'd done hadn't even registered yet even yesterday senior LibDems were saying he was one of their finest thinkers.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Samantha
post Mar 11 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,929

First of many 'lunacy' alerts I expect...

QUOTE (GMR @ Mar 11 2013, 07:54 PM) *
After all they belong to an honourable party that supports women

Really? Any evidence to show Pryce belongs to the Lib Dems?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Mar 11 2013, 08:26 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Mar 11 2013, 08:19 PM) *
Just glad to see that no one is above the law. I thought one of the most telling outcomes today was the fact that Huhne was banned just five months after the 'swap'. Clearly what he'd done hadn't even registered yet even yesterday senior LibDems were saying he was one of their finest thinkers.

Don't you mean one of their finest crooks? The Lib-Dems always prided themselves as above other parties; but with Lord Rennard & Chris Huhne's shenanigans they've proven they are just as crooked as everybody else. Not only that but their leader was accused of knowing years ago about Lord Rennard; but he was too important to take it further so just a slap on the wrist was sufficient.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Mar 11 2013, 08:28 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Samantha @ Mar 11 2013, 08:23 PM) *
First of many 'lunacy' alerts I expect...

True

Really? Any evidence to show Pryce belongs to the Lib Dems?

No, but if she is willing to take his points I am sure she was quite happy to take his party.

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post Mar 11 2013, 08:44 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,100

QUOTE (GMR @ Mar 11 2013, 08:28 PM) *
No, but if she is willing to take his points I am sure she was quite happy to take his party.

So why did you say they both belonged to the same party?

Just so everyone is singing from the same song sheet:

Not for GMR as he don't do links.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Mar 11 2013, 08:51 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Dodgys smarter brother. @ Mar 11 2013, 08:44 PM) *
So why did you say they both belonged to the same party?

Why not? If I was wrong then I am sure somebody on here would be quite capable and happy to correct me. Getting something wrong is not a life and death situation. Heavens forbid somebody actually getting it wrong on here. laugh.gif

wink.gif

+Quote Post
motormad
post Mar 11 2013, 09:49 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 592

Obviously making the OP nice and clear without any sort of sarcasm which indicates a deep seeded dislike for the person(s) or political party involved.
Not excusing them but loads of people swap points, especially if you have one partner who does little to no driving and one who drives a lot for work, if it were Dave and Miranda down the road no-one would give a crap....

So as a Newburian I honestly couldn't care less. People are fallible and it's hardly a the "great scandal" it's made out to be... Not like the expenses for example.

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Mar 11 2013, 10:44 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

I suspect if the Police at least did know about 'Dave and Miranda' they would be in serious trouble. The key issue wasn't about driving points, but perverting the course of justice. What made it serious here is an old value called probity; which we've lost sight of somewhat these days. Its the same issue that's at stake in the matter to do with the Police and bicycles in Downing Street. If you are right and no one gives a crap, then we really are in big trouble.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Mar 11 2013, 10:46 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Mar 11 2013, 08:51 PM) *
Why not? If I was wrong then I am sure somebody on here would be quite capable and happy to correct me. Getting something wrong is not a life and death situation. Heavens forbid somebody actually getting it wrong on here. laugh.gif

wink.gif

I think she is a member of the party - she attends their conferences in her own right; that's where she met the Sunday Times reporter.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post Mar 11 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,100

She was Deputy Head of the Government's Economic Service from 2004 to 2007, and Joint Head from 2007 to 2010.

But on the positive side, at least the ladies footie team at HMP Holloway now has a proven penalty taker...

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Mar 12 2013, 06:42 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Dodgys smarter brother. @ Mar 11 2013, 11:09 PM) *
She was Deputy Head of the Government's Economic Service from 2004 to 2007, and Joint Head from 2007 to 2010.

But on the positive side, at least the ladies footie team at HMP Holloway now has a proven penalty taker...

In her professional life, but she was still an ordinary member of the party.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Mar 12 2013, 08:55 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (motormad @ Mar 11 2013, 09:49 PM) *
Obviously making the OP nice and clear without any sort of sarcasm which indicates a deep seeded dislike for the person(s) or political party involved.
Not excusing them but loads of people swap points, especially if you have one partner who does little to no driving and one who drives a lot for work, if it were Dave and Miranda down the road no-one would give a crap....

So as a Newburian I honestly couldn't care less. People are fallible and it's hardly a the "great scandal" it's made out to be... Not like the expenses for example.

Swapping points is one thing, the other point, is that when caught the lies continued, not only to the police but to their colleagues and supporters as well. And the public. That is the point where people have lost empathy with the scheming couple.

+Quote Post
Rusty Bullet
post Mar 12 2013, 09:17 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 53

QUOTE (On the edge @ Mar 12 2013, 06:42 AM) *
In her professional life, but she was still an ordinary member of the party.

You're saying that the Labour Government. employed card carrying members of the Liberal party?

+Quote Post
Amelie
post Mar 12 2013, 09:41 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,901

Link:

Gob Smacking stuff.

+Quote Post
Gooner72
post Mar 12 2013, 09:47 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 4,038

You know, you do have to feel sorry for Huhne and Pryce

The one minute, spending a life of lavish luxury, not really wanting for anything, all at the tax payers expense......

The next minute they will be released from prison...........

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Mar 12 2013, 01:39 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rusty Bullet @ Mar 12 2013, 09:17 AM) *
You're saying that the Labour Government. employed card carrying members of the Liberal party?

She was employed by the civil service. I don't believe there is any restriction on basic party membership these days.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Rusty Bullet
post Mar 12 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 53

So still no proof anywhere that the assertion by GMR was correct.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Mar 12 2013, 04:18 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rusty Bullet @ Mar 12 2013, 02:02 PM) *

Sunday Times, 26 February 2010

Vicky Pryce
The estranged wife of Chris Huhne, who left her for Carina Trimingham, causes a stir with her appearance at the Lib Dem party conference
The Sunday Times Published: 26 September 2010

Vicky Pryce Liberal Democrat Autumn 2010 conference, Liverpool, Britain - 22 Sep 2010 Vicky Pryce, wife of Chris Huhne (who is now in a serious relationship with Carina Trimingham). (Rii Schroer )Vicky Pryce is currently the chief economist in the Department for Business (Rii Schroer )

It's my party

Although I arrived in Liverpool for the Liberal Democrat conference on Tuesday, I didn’t register until Wednesday morning. I thought it would be quieter that way but my appearance caused a bit of a stir anyway. My husband, Chris Huhne, the energy secretary, was there, as was his new girlfriend Carina Trimingham — Chris and I are getting divorced. She decided to take me to task and asked a group of photographers: “Why’s she here? She’s never been to conference before.”

I'm indifferent to Trimmingham's comments. I attended the party as a member of the LibDem party.....................

I

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Mar 12 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rusty Bullet @ Mar 12 2013, 02:02 PM) *

Read below or above..... There is always a God out there if you pray hard enough.... even for an atheist. laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:53 AM