IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

47 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Halal, why should we put up with this?, If fox hunting with dogs is outlawed, why not Halal?
Biker1
post Jan 2 2012, 11:06 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 103

The answer to the question posed in the title of this post is - We shouldn't and I'm amazed that we do.
Ban halal now in this country at least.
(Although I doubt this will happen as it will "offend"a religious minority) (too many people are "easily offended" I think!)
As many have already said - If you don't like it go elsewhere.

(And before you ask, no, I don't think we should ban motorcycling Old Harry!! tongue.gif )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Weavers Walk
post Jan 2 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,234

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jan 2 2012, 11:06 AM) *
If you don't like it go elsewhere

As RB pointed out Kosher meat is prepared in the same way. Are you now suggesting that all Jews "go elsewhere"?

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jan 2 2012, 11:31 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Weavers Walk @ Jan 2 2012, 01:25 PM) *
As RB pointed out Kosher meat is prepared in the same way. Are you now suggesting that all Jews "go elsewhere"?

I think that all should accept that these methods of killing animals are unacceptable to the majority in this country and so should not expect it to happen here.
So yes, if you absolutely insist on an animal having its throat cut while conscious then go elsewhere where, for some reason, it IS acceptable.

+Quote Post
Weavers Walk
post Jan 2 2012, 11:37 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

You're having a good morning so far. That's the Jews and the Muslims you've got rid of.

What next? Annex the Sudetenland?

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jan 2 2012, 11:42 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Weavers Walk @ Jan 2 2012, 01:37 PM) *
You're having a good morning so far. That's the Jews and the Muslims you've got rid of.

What next? Annex the Sudetenland?

I think you're missing the point.!! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jan 2 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jan 2 2012, 11:42 AM) *
I think you're missing the point.!! rolleyes.gif

I totally agree, we should not be making exceptions for ANY minority.
Call them what you will, but the fact is we have banned so many things of such minor importance, yet we still allow this shti to go unheeded.
OH DEAR, we upset muslims,jews etc for what amounts to fairy tales.
I make no apology of any degree. If you don't like it, either comply to the wishes of the vast majority of decent minded people or just P off.

I'm sure that if a referendum were to be held, halal would be destined for the bin as it so rightly should.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
Weavers Walk
post Jan 2 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Calm the swearing down dear. It does your argument no good.

I suspect that the "wishes of the vast majority of decent minded people" are that people can eat what they want and should be free to choose to do so.

Please take your 'Dog-Whistle' racism elsewhere. (after all that WAS the point of your post wasn't it?) You know, have a crafty pop at the Muslims. Trouble is, you forgot or didn't know about Kosher meat. Stephen Fry is Jewish. Where do you propose he p's off to then?

+Quote Post
Squelchy
post Jan 2 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 47

Hear Hear.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jan 2 2012, 05:01 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

So you guys support animal cruelty then? I'm X2lls - let's have a vote on it. I don't care if you're Jewish or Muslim, or christian, cruelty for cruelty's sake is wrong. Also Stephen Fry is quite obviously not a Jew, not that it matters.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 2 2012, 05:38 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jan 2 2012, 05:01 PM) *
So you guys support animal cruelty then? I'm X2lls - let's have a vote on it. I don't care if you're Jewish or Muslim, or christian, cruelty for cruelty's sake is wrong. Also Stephen Fry is quite obviously not a Jew, not that it matters.

I doubt anyone supports animal cruelty as much as some people think that others are attempting to do a bit of ethnic minority bashing disguised as animal welfare. I think halal and kosha meat should be outlawed, but I also feel 'our' attitudes to animal welfare is not glowing either.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Jan 2 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

Okay Stephen Fry comes from a Norfolk family. Lives near me when I am in Norfolk .The Fry family over years are long time not jewish.
Bankers maybe .Not that he has any connection,Fry and Gurney ended up as Barclays. A Quaker family.
Just a ramble. Antony Gormley lives nearby in Norfolk.Despite some odd sculptures he seems a nice bloke.
He is not Jewish either( you can tell). I fail to see why halal and Stephen Fry ended up in the same thread.

Stephen used to be a neighbour and he is a very big chap. About the size of a telephone box.
He has slimmed and I commend him for that.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jan 2 2012, 06:00 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 2 2012, 05:38 PM) *
I doubt anyone supports animal cruelty as much as some people think that others are attempting to do a bit of ethnic minority bashing disguised as animal welfare. I think halal and kosha meat should be outlawed, but I also feel 'our' attitudes to animal welfare is not glowing either.

I find it quite offensive that I can be against animal suffering and then you come on here and call me a racist. The two are not linked. Halal meat is to do with religion, and whilst I understand people following theirs, whichever one it is, I think it is wrong to enforce it upon other people.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 2 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jan 2 2012, 06:00 PM) *
I find it quite offensive that I can be against animal suffering and then you come on here and call me a racist.

I find it disappointing that you don't have good comprehension. Please show me where I accuse you of being a racist?' I was careful to be neutral with my argument and was simply rationalising the debate.

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jan 2 2012, 06:00 PM) *
The two are not linked. Halal meat is to do with religion, and whilst I understand people following theirs, whichever one it is, I think it is wrong to enforce it upon other people.

Where did this come from; I am not forced to eat halal meat (as far as I know).

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jan 2 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

I am sure you are because many places now stock it as standard, this is a result of people trying to ensure that it is supplied so as to cater for all religious dominations. ie forcing beliefs upon others.

Your quote "I doubt anyone supports animal cruelty as much as some people think that others are attempting to do a bit of ethnic minority bashing disguised as animal welfare" is basically trying to slur those with a different view in one of the most vulgar ways. I do not think it is down to me not having "good comprehension".

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 2 2012, 06:44 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jan 2 2012, 06:36 PM) *
Your quote "I doubt anyone supports animal cruelty as much as some people think that others are attempting to do a bit of ethnic minority bashing disguised as animal welfare" is basically trying to slur those with a different view in one of the most vulgar ways. I do not think it is down to me not having "good comprehension".

I was making an observation that is apparent. I did not accuse you of being a racist as you said I did. It is not up to you to have good comprehension, but not having any and accusing people of something they did not do will make you look stupid, as you have done here.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Jan 2 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

So you guys support animal cruelty then? I'm X2lls - let's have a vote on it. I don't care if you're Jewish or Muslim, or christian, cruelty for cruelty's sake is wrong.

Halal / Kosher slaughtering methods are not cruelty for cruelty's sake - it's for religion's sake.

Also Stephen Fry is quite obviously not a Jew, not that it matters.

Stephen Fry's mother is Jewish - making him Jewish by definition (it's the mother who counts to Jews).

He is a member of the British Jews for Justice for Palestinians campaign.

However, he is also an outspoken critic of organised religion.

He certainly would not be forced out of the UK by a ban on Kosher meat. Nor would many other Jews, many of whom do not bother oberving the full Kosher regime.

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Jan 2 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

I have a friend who, while of the Jewish pursuasion, certanily dosnt eat Kosher,(only when his mums not coming round). The big difference as I see it is that the Jewish have never tried to push Kosher onto the rest of the population whereby there seems to be a trend for Muslims to want to, and we are letting it go on in the name of diversity !

UK slaughterhouses are not a pretty site but are a **** site better than the Halal altrnative.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jan 2 2012, 07:13 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (blackdog @ Jan 2 2012, 06:54 PM) *
Stephen Fry's mother is Jewish - making him Jewish by definition (it's the mother who counts to Jews).

Not if you denounce your religion.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jan 2 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (blackdog @ Jan 2 2012, 06:54 PM) *
Stephen Fry's mother is Jewish - making him Jewish by definition

My Mother is a Baptist - does that make me one by definition? blink.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 2 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jan 2 2012, 07:32 PM) *
My Mother is a Baptist - does that make me one by definition? blink.gif
Wikipedia reckons he's an Atheist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Fry

+Quote Post

47 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:25 PM