> West Berks Election candidates, Not impressed
gel
post Nov 27 2019, 06:30 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 337

DECEMBER GENERAL ELECTION:

Sad to see that for those of us supporting Brexit, there's no one on the polling paper supporting Brexit, it seems angry.gif

The tory shortlist to replace Benyon was an all female one I understand, not a procedure producing the best candidate for the job.
And she's a barrister laugh.gif ; we have far too many lawyers in the Commons already!

And why on earth did Tory HQ support a candidate who voted remain with BOJO's commitment
to make BREXIT happen.

Additionally the Tory & Independent candidates, don't reveal their home addresses, as is now permitted apparently.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Nov 27 2019, 06:50 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (gel @ Nov 27 2019, 06:30 PM) *
DECEMBER GENERAL ELECTION:

Sad to see that for those of us supporting Brexit, there's no one on the polling paper supporting Brexit, it seems angry.gif

The tory shortlist to replace Benyon was an all female one I understand, not a procedure producing the best candidate for the job.
And she's a barrister laugh.gif ; we have far too many lawyers in the Commons already!

And why on earth did Tory HQ support a candidate who voted remain with BOJO's commitment
to make BREXIT happen.

Additionally the Tory & Independent candidates, don't reveal their home addresses, as is now permitted apparently.

It's called hedging your bets. If the Lib (non) Dems find a bunny in someone's hat and are in with half a chance then the pro EU voters will have a tory candidate to cheer.
Incidentally has anyone been approached by a prospective candidate? Considering what is at stake the enthusiasm is somewhat muted.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 27 2019, 10:09 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

Meh! It's in her blood, her dad did a good job here. She's bright, personable, she grew up here. I think she's not a bad choice and I wish her luck.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Nov 28 2019, 02:01 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Nov 27 2019, 10:09 PM) *
Meh! It's in her blood, her dad did a good job here. She's bright, personable, she grew up here. I think she's not a bad choice and I wish her luck.

Had a letter from Boris just fall through the door and he thinks she is ok so who am I to argue. Walked down Northbrook St earlier and no sign of party activists so I am beginning to think it's been cancelled. Just want the opportunity to tell them why I WON'T vote for them. Not a lot to ask is it? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 28 2019, 02:36 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

We had a demmer roung last week, when I explained why I couldn't vote for Swinson he actually had the good grace to look sheepish. I think he kinda agreed with me.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:02 PM