Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dark mornings and evenings
motormad
post Nov 17 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 592

Pretty sure my SV650s had a switch! Although I only ever left it on, rest of my bikes were non-turn off-able. tongue.gif

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HJD
post Nov 18 2013, 06:31 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 322

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Nov 17 2013, 08:11 PM) *
Nice. cool.gif
What you got?

Its still considered by many to be one of the best all rounder's ever made, a 1989 Honda VFR750. had it for 11 years now. I have had a couple of others as well since then including a Firestorm & an early Urban Tiger Blade, but won't part with the 'ol faithfull. smile.gif

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jan 6 2014, 04:54 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

Car headlights eh.... rolleyes.gif Discussed here during November last year...

Motormad will probably be after these new headlights, which I see are an intrinsic part of the new Audi Quattro Sport concept vehicle called 'Laserlight'.

linky thing

The headlights boast new laser technology, hence the name, combined with Audi's already well-established Matrix LED technology, allowing light output more than two times as powerful as LED alone. The laser diodes are significantly smaller than LED diodes - just a few microns in diameter. Net result? Bathing the road ahead with pin-sharp illumination for up to 500 metres.

Quite what that means for oncoming traffic remains to be seen. Cars with lasers, coming to a road near you soon.... maybe.. I take it that accident investigators in future will be checking any dead drivers to see if they've had their retinas burnt out as an indicator of why the accident happened.

meh... maybe it should just stay as a concept....

+Quote Post
motormad
post Jan 6 2014, 05:13 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 592

Have you seen the new technology that's out , basically creates a "tunnel" of light using fancy robotic mechanisms, so you can in effect drive around with your full beams on without actually blinding anyone else. It detects oncoming vehicles (both towards you and in the same direction of travel) and can get fire light away from them to avoid blinding them.

I have Bixenons already and to be honest I have no need to want to upgrade smile.gif

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:56 AM