IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Incident at London Bridge, Why do Abbott and co insist on calling them "Incidents"
newres
post Jun 4 2017, 04:32 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 4 2017, 05:30 PM) *
Except he doesn't, he opposes shoot to kill.

Understandably:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Jean...rles_de_Menezes
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 4 2017, 04:33 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 4 2017, 05:26 PM) *
So before we started invading and slaughtering Muslims they never attacked us. Is there a lesson there? Like the time we declared that we had no political or economic interest in Northern Ireland the IRA stopped attacking us? Weird eh?

Put simply, the genie's out of the bottle, no amount of denial will change that.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 4 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 4 2017, 05:33 PM) *
Put simply, the genie's out of the bottle, no amount of denial will change that.

Quite.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 4 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 4 2017, 05:32 PM) *

Can't have it both ways, can't applaud police for saving lives by shooting to kill whilst simultaneously opposing shoot to kill.

Anyway, I'm not going down this tired old route, you don't agree with me and I don't agree with you, not getting in to a slagging match.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 4 2017, 04:40 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 4 2017, 05:33 PM) *

And I reckon the moment we disassociate ourselves from the obscene western policy it'll go back in.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 4 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 4 2017, 05:40 PM) *
And I reckon the moment we disassociate ourselves from the obscene western policy it'll go back in.

La la land.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 4 2017, 05:01 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 4 2017, 05:55 PM) *
La la land.

Yup, didn't work for Chamberlain, won't work now. It's called appeasement and last time it led to six million jews being murdered. If Corbyn gets in just wait till all the libian and Syrian terrorists just walk Into Britain. This will seem like the good old days in comparison.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 4 2017, 05:04 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 4 2017, 06:01 PM) *
Yup, didn't work for Chamberlain, won't work now. It's called appeasement and last time it led to six million jews being murdered. If Corbyn gets in just wait till all the libian and Syrian terrorists just walk Into Britain. This will seem like the good old days in comparison.

Well drone attacks aren't working.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 4 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 4 2017, 06:04 PM) *
Well drone attacks aren't working.

Boots on the ground. Get in, drag the rats into the daylight and neutralise them. Cut off the head and the body dies.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Jun 4 2017, 05:17 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 4 2017, 05:24 PM) *
We had the IRA and we all know Corbyns views on them. And yes the world has changed. It does.

As I understand it Corbyn's position on terrorism, war and violence is that it is deplorable but in order to bring peace you have to talk to all sides in an argument and seek to remove tyranny and injustice. Corbyn spoke to Sinn Fein, Hamas, and Hezbollah when no one else was talking to them because there needs to be dialog and understanding for there to be peace. He also supported gay rights years before it was tolerably acceptably to be gay, he was arrested for protesting against the South African regeime in support of Mandela, he oppsed the despot Pinochet of Chile who got on very well with Thatcher, he protested against the UK government selling arms to Iraq in the years before the gulf war when Saddam was good for trade, and he has spoken out strongly against the UK selling £billions of arms to the despotic regime of Saudi Arabia.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 4 2017, 05:25 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 4 2017, 06:07 PM) *
Boots on the ground. Get in, drag the rats into the daylight and neutralise them. Cut off the head and the body dies.

I think we found the price to pay too high when we did that. You can't win a war. Abhorrent as they are, eventually the Taliban may well be back in power in Afghanistan.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 4 2017, 05:28 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 4 2017, 06:25 PM) *
I think we found the price to pay too high when we did that. You can't win a war.

Not a student of history then?

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Jun 4 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 4 2017, 05:15 PM) *
MI5 know who they are and they sure aint burglars. Just so I get this right your solution to the problem is...

1. Get rid of Nuclear weapons
2. Dont interfere in any foreign war no matter what the circumstances
3. Disarm the Police
4.Wait for these poor misunderstood people to tire themselves out killing people before arresting them

��

Where did you get the idea that the above you have quoted are my solutions??? huh.gif
show me where I have stated that please?

If MI5 knew who they are why have they been allowed to commit these atrocities, are you saying MI5 are not doing their job properly? huh.gif

I was certainly not disagreeing with dealing severely with any terrorists just pointing out that it would be very difficult to round "them" up as you say when you are unable to identify "them"?

Please explain how you identify someone who is going to commit a terrorist act from someone who is not? huh.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 4 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Jun 4 2017, 06:31 PM) *
Where did you get the idea that the above you have quoted are my solutions??? huh.gif

If MI5 knew who they are why have they been allowed to commit these atrocities, are you saying MI5 are not doing their job properly? huh.gif

I was certainly not disagreeing with dealing severely with any terrorists just pointing out that it would be very difficult to round "them" up as you say when you are unable to identify "them"?

Please explain how you identify someone who is going to commit a terrorist act from someone who is not? huh.gif

You would rather wait to see if someone commits an atrocity rather than apprehend them before? And Im sure you'd be the first trying to get them released as they hadn't killed anyone just yet.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 4 2017, 05:56 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Jun 4 2017, 06:31 PM) *

It's quite simple as such things usually are:

Terrorists: Dress in robes, have black beards, hold black round bombs
Burglars: Dress in horizontally striped tops, wear black masks, carry bag printed SWAG
Suspects: Don't leave home often, stay in bedroom playing with computer

Of course, the proper guides are out of print, but any 1950s comic will have illustrations except for suspects and they don't take much imagination to spot.

Increased surveillance is a big job, but it's not all bad. There are many intangible benefits. Such as revealing anyone 'trying it on' with the schools admissions process and making sure the Mrs Miggins of this World don't put their bottles in the paper bins. That solves the home issue.

To sort abroad, the answer is clear, nuke them. Simple as that. Plus it properly justifies Trident.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 4 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 4 2017, 06:56 PM) *
It's quite simple as such things usually are:

Terrorists: Dress in robes, have black beards, hold black round bombs
Burglars: Dress in horizontally striped tops, wear black masks, carry bag printed SWAG
Suspects: Don't leave home often, stay in bedroom playing with computer

Of course, the proper guides are out of print, but any 1950s comic will have illustrations except for suspects and they don't take much imagination to spot.

Increased surveillance is a big job, but it's not all bad. There are many intangible benefits. Such as revealing anyone 'trying it on' with the schools admissions process and making sure the Mrs Miggins of this World don't put their bottles in the paper bins. That solves the home issue.

To sort abroad, the answer is clear, nuke them. Simple as that. Plus it properly justifies Trident.

Spot on. Congratulations, welcome to the real world. Just leave your unicorn at the door. 😁

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Jun 4 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 4 2017, 06:45 PM) *
You would rather wait to see if someone commits an atrocity rather than apprehend them before? And Im sure you'd be the first trying to get them released as they hadn't killed anyone just yet.

Just answer the question asked. How do you identify someone who is going to commit an atrocity?

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 4 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Jun 4 2017, 07:17 PM) *
Just answer the question asked. How do you identify someone who is going to commit an atrocity?

If they're on the list bring em in, give me fifteen minutes with a truck battery and some jump leads. Soon see what they know or don't know. 😎

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 4 2017, 06:30 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 4 2017, 06:28 PM) *
Not a student of history then?

Typo, with these people.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 4 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Jun 4 2017, 07:17 PM) *

I'd start with anyone practicing shariah. Thats normally a good indicator. Oh and those holding up placards with things like "death to the infidels" and "make London Londonistan" Also anyone returning from a "holiday" to places like Somalia, Libya, or an extended trip to Turkey. Oh and yes profiling works.

Then Id insist on CCTV and sound in all the mosques.

It may impinge on freedoms but its a small price to pay.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:23 PM