Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wooton Bassett
Strafin
post Jan 5 2010, 08:34 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

I'm pretty sure that if I renounced islam publically and said I thought it was wrong that I would not get away with it. Freedom of speech has kind of been eroded in this country now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jan 5 2010, 08:49 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jan 5 2010, 08:34 AM) *
I'm pretty sure that if I renounced islam publically and said I thought it was wrong that I would not get away with it. Freedom of speech has kind of been eroded in this country now.

And you would have a Fatwa on you like a certain Danish Journalist.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jan 5 2010, 10:29 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jan 5 2010, 08:34 AM) *
I'm pretty sure that if I renounced islam publically

Didn't realise you were a Muslim.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jan 5 2010, 11:38 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

I guess I am considered more "right wing" than most of you however I find this offencive in the extreme.
This country has allowed immigrants from many countries and for all sorts of reasons. It has allowed them to enjoy their own customs, language and religions when they are here. It has even allowed these groups the option of not integrating if they so wish.
It has nurtured them and supported them.

What this man is doing is throwing all of that good will back in our face and doing so in the most offence manner possible and in the place where it would cause the most pain.
What he and his mates are proposing is inciting racial hatred and is bordering on treason.

He and others like him should be deported if not originally from this country and locked up if he is.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
regor
post Jan 5 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 236

The only reason that it is possible to parade the coffins of our dead through Wootton Bassett is because our casualties are so light. In previous wars the then War Ministry went to great lengths to conceal actual casualty numbers and actions like the Wootton Bassett parades would have been banned as giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

We are a technologically advanced nation fighting with sophisticated weaponry against a largely untrained foe armed with rudimentary weaponry, hence the low casualty rate. Would it really be so terrible if we gave at least a passing thought to the thousand upon thousands of Afghan civilians who have died in the cross fire from both sides?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jan 5 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Jan 5 2010, 11:38 AM) *
I guess I am considered more "right wing" than most of you however I find this offencive in the extreme.
This country has allowed immigrants from many countries and for all sorts of reasons. It has allowed them to enjoy their own customs, language and religions when they are here. It has even allowed these groups the option of not integrating if they so wish.

What this man is doing is throwing all of that good will back in our face and doing so in the most offence manner possible and in the place where it would cause the most pain.
What he and his mates are proposing is inciting racial hatred and is bordering on treason.

He and others like him should be deported if not originally from this country and locked up if he is.

Careful Bloggo - Some on here will be for deporting you with views like that. blink.gif

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jan 5 2010, 12:02 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (regor @ Jan 5 2010, 11:44 AM) *
Would it really be so terrible if we gave at least a passing thought to the thousand upon thousands of Afghan civilians who have died in the cross fire from both sides?

I don't think anyone would disagree with that. But have you actually seen and heard what Anjem Choudary represents?

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jan 5 2010, 12:17 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 5 2010, 11:51 AM) *
Careful Bloggo - Some on here will be for deporting you with views like that. blink.gif

You know TDH it would only be the "traitors" to this country that would try.
I'm sure that the vast majority of the un-politically motivated or self serving people living in the UK would share my view.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 5 2010, 01:43 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Living in a relatively free country means one might see or hear views expressed by others that they find offensive.

Any attempt to stop someone from expressing their views (so long as they do it within the letter of the law) is unpatriotic.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 5 2010, 01:45 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

Did you pinch those lines from Gandhi ?

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jan 5 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 5 2010, 01:43 PM) *
Living in a relatively free country means one might see or hear views expressed by others that they find offensive.

Any attempt to stop someone from expressing their views (so long as they do it within the letter of the law) is unpatriotic.

Yes, I agree with you however in my opinion the remarks being made by Choudray have passed that point and become anti british and racist.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jan 5 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 5 2010, 01:45 PM) *
Did you pinch those lines from Gandhi ?

No, so I take you comment as a compliment.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
HJD
post Jan 5 2010, 03:53 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 322

Well said that man. How much longer do the honest citizens in this country have to put up with the likes of him living here angry.gif . And why are there so many who are to s**t scared to speak up !!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jan 5 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 5 2010, 01:43 PM) *

That would be great if we lived in a free country and I could say what I wanted but I can't, free speech is all but dead unless you're a minority, then you seem to be pandered to.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 5 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jan 5 2010, 05:19 PM) *
That would be great if we lived in a free country and I could say what I wanted but I can't, free speech is all but dead unless you're a minority, then you seem to be pandered to.

You can say what you like, so long as you don't break any laws. The same rule applies to all.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 5 2010, 06:02 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

We are free from tyranny, but we are not free to say as we wish. My regret with the proposed march is that it does no-good to Muslim/Christian/Secular relations.

I also think it is worth noting that civilian casualties can be huge in war scenarios. I understand, for instance, more civilians died in WWII than military and this doesn't include the holocaust.

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 5 2010, 06:07 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jan 5 2010, 05:19 PM) *
That's just not true. Nick Griffin and his pals aren't in a minority, as far as their race goes anyway and they get loads of media coverage.

UKIP regularly appear on Question Time too.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jan 5 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Never says what he wants to though does he?

+Quote Post
Roost
post Jan 5 2010, 08:13 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 5 2010, 07:07 PM) *
That's just not true. Nick Griffin and his pals aren't in a minority, as far as their race goes anyway and they get loads of media coverage.

UKIP regularly appear on Question Time too.

I would (hopefully) think that most of Mr Griffin's media coverage would tend to be negative.

I fully agree with their right to free speech, protest etc etc.

My issue lies with the fact that they are deliberately choosing the location in order to be inflammatory and gain as much publicity as possible. From my limited knowledge, Lyneham is the main incoming flight base for such cargo (and I do use that word with respect) and therefore Wootton Bassett is the logical and nearest place for coffins and our brave forces to come through.

Choosing to complete such a march in such a village / town is......... well, words actually fail me.

--------------------
Roost

Welcome to the jungle....

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jan 5 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Roost @ Jan 5 2010, 08:13 PM) *
Wootton Bassett is the logical and nearest place for coffins and our brave forces to come through.

It just happens to be the first (and only) town between Lyneham and the M4 en route for the John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 01:10 PM