> CoronaVirus, Nature will find a way
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 2 2020, 12:16 PM
Post #561

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 1 2020, 01:09 PM) *
I equally apologise if my remark seemed in any way sarcastic. A simple piece of helpful advice as to when supermarkets are less crowded is worth a great deal more than the woolly rhetoric administered by those government spokespersons .The reference to the scientific advisory group was a sideways swipe at how ineffectual it has become as it is increasingly obvious that the government is now on a political road and not a scientific one with a second wave of infection more than less likely. The trade off is getting the economy moving and I understand the importance of that but had they introduced the lockdown earlier and with less loopholes so no one was under any illusion we would have (probably) been on top of it a month ago.

The virus seems to be virtually gone in this area. Let's hope it the beginning of the end of this phase, though I'm sure it will back with a vengeance in the Winter. No doubt lessons need to be learned though...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 2 2020, 06:05 PM
Post #562

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 2 2020, 01:16 PM) *
The virus seems to be virtually gone in this area. Let's hope it the beginning of the end of this phase, though I'm sure it will back with a vengeance in the Winter. No doubt lessons need to be learned though...

The world loves an optimist. They have learnt nothing from the last 4 months and seem incapable of doing so. To much reliance on a vaccine being available by the autumn has clouded their judgement at every stage and the enormity of one never being developed is starting to sink home. Covid 19 may be around for a lot longer than readers of this forum or it could mutate further and disappear from the human host for a thousand years. Fascinating stuff but scant consolation to those who have suffered.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
Mr Brown
post Jun 3 2020, 05:38 AM
Post #563

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,072

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 2 2020, 07:05 PM) *
The world loves an optimist. They have learnt nothing from the last 4 months and seem incapable of doing so. To much reliance on a vaccine being available by the autumn has clouded their judgement at every stage and the enormity of one never being developed is starting to sink home. Covid 19 may be around for a lot longer than readers of this forum or it could mutate further and disappear from the human host for a thousand years. Fascinating stuff but scant consolation to those who have suffered.

And scant consolation to those with reason still to worry. Perhaps to ponder if there is a greater power at work.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 3 2020, 08:17 AM
Post #564

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Jun 3 2020, 06:38 AM) *
And scant consolation to those with reason still to worry. Perhaps to ponder if there is a greater power at work.

Time for the conspiracy theory brigade to swing into action but to be honest I don't think the shower in charge are capable of implementing a hidden agenda even if they had the dubious ability of creating one. Most of our ills are down to the great unwashed following the extremely ambiguous guidelines and not using their common sense. A lot of families are going to suffer the associated trauma of this pandemic for a long period to come but that somehow seems inexplicably acceptable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 18 2020, 02:48 PM
Post #565

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 2 2020, 01:16 PM) *

Not correct. A confirmed case at St Johns school. School closed and bubble self isolating. All a nonsense ofcourse because teachers mix in the staff room. Symptoms reported at Falkland School too. I hope and pray we’re not headed for a second peak.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 18 2020, 03:19 PM
Post #566

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

As do we all. Your family ok now?

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 18 2020, 03:31 PM
Post #567

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 18 2020, 04:19 PM) *
As do we all. Your family ok now?

Yes thank you. Yours too I trust.

My brother I'm 99% sure had it. Same symptoms as a neighbour who was a confirmed case. I had symptoms and self isolated but they were very mild so I feel it probably wasn't it.

However I had a nasty chest infection in November as did a lot of others I've read. Who really knows when this was in Europe.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 18 2020, 05:24 PM
Post #568

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 18 2020, 04:31 PM) *

My brother I'm 99% sure had it. Same symptoms as a neighbour who was a confirmed case. I had symptoms and self isolated but they were very mild so I feel it probably wasn't it.

However I had a nasty chest infection in November as did a lot of others I've read. Who really knows when this was in Europe.

Spoken to a number of people who had corona type symptoms prior to the date it was first identified. It would certainly be useful to know if it was in circulation then and how many caught a dose and have developed a degree of immunity. Though considering the shambolic manner the testing process has been conducted I doubt we will ever know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 19 2020, 12:12 PM
Post #569

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 18 2020, 04:31 PM) *

Yes thanks, some general mild flu like symptoms early on but that's about it. I suspect that it's been here in one form or another for much longer formally recognised.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jun 19 2020, 03:05 PM
Post #570

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

Same here with the November respiratory problems... wheezing, bubbling sensation in my lungs when lying down trying to sleep, nasty cough for a few weeks. Was convinced that it was something I would die from... and in previous years have had a horrible cough around winter that wouldn't go away. 100 day chinese cough I believe. I hope, if the November event was it, that I don't get it again

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 19 2020, 03:34 PM
Post #571

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Jun 19 2020, 04:05 PM) *
Same here with the November respiratory problems... wheezing, bubbling sensation in my lungs when lying down trying to sleep, nasty cough for a few weeks. Was convinced that it was something I would die from... and in previous years have had a horrible cough around winter that wouldn't go away. 100 day chinese cough I believe. I hope, if the November event was it, that I don't get it again

I must have had it. Had pain in the lungs (never had that before), was off work for 3 weeks and ended up on drugs for pneumonia. Dr told me if was a nasty "virus". Then they closed the surgery shortly after my visit. At the time, start of Feb it didn't occur to me it could be THE virus. When I recovered I spent the last week of Feb and start of March on tubes with coughing people in London and had no recurrence...🤔

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 19 2020, 06:26 PM
Post #572

Advanced Member

Conspiracy theory no. 437.

Has anyone wondered why no two countries have adopted exactly the same response to the pandemic? The one advantage of having a diverse approach is the amount of data it generates. Has the opportunity to supply the number crunchers been to good to ignore especially if there is something bigger on the horizon? Half a million dead would be a price payable if the next one could potentially kill a hundred million plus in the first wave without at least having some idea on dealing with it
The latest outbreak in Beijing is believed to have come yet again from a local wet market, even though the chinese authorities vehemently deny it, which gives them further information on a potential mass extermination infection otherwise they would close these abhorrent food outlets.

Of course I am just a geriatric imbecile with a keyboard so don't get too worried, but just in case I can be found in the cellar covered in tinfoil.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 19 2020, 06:59 PM
Post #573

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 19 2020, 07:26 PM) *
Conspiracy theory no. 437.

Has anyone wondered why no two countries have adopted exactly the same response to the pandemic? The one advantage of having a diverse approach is the amount of data it generates. Has the opportunity to supply the number crunchers been to good to ignore especially if there is something bigger on the horizon? Half a million dead would be a price payable if the next one could potentially kill a hundred million plus in the first wave without at least having some idea on dealing with it
The latest outbreak in Beijing is believed to have come yet again from a local wet market, even though the chinese authorities vehemently deny it, which gives them further information on a potential mass extermination infection otherwise they would close these abhorrent food outlets.

Of course I am just a geriatric imbecile with a keyboard so don't get too worried, but just in case I can be found in the cellar covered in tinfoil.

Mad cat lady Sir Will.🤣

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 20 2020, 09:06 AM
Post #574

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 19 2020, 07:59 PM) *
Mad cat lady Sir Will.🤣

Maybe, but not to many have denied it laugh.gif . Next week we take a look at why Schrodinger's cat probably never went to Denmark. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 22 2020, 06:33 AM
Post #575

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 20 2020, 10:06 AM) *
Maybe, but not to many have denied it laugh.gif . Next week we take a look at why Schrodinger's cat probably never went to Denmark. cool.gif

Possibly 🤔 I haven't looked yet.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 30 2020, 12:01 PM
Post #576

Advanced Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53218704

Just when you thought it can't get any worse......... rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jul 12 2020, 02:22 PM
Post #577

Advanced Member

Looks like another wave might be on its way.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 12 2020, 04:53 PM
Post #578

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jul 12 2020, 03:22 PM) *
Looks like another wave might be on its way.

Oh good. Let's all retreat to our houses and never come out again.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jul 12 2020, 05:32 PM
Post #579

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 12 2020, 05:53 PM) *
Oh good. Let's all retreat to our houses and never come out again.

You mean...... You went out?........BURN THE HERETIC!!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 12 2020, 06:58 PM
Post #580

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jul 12 2020, 06:32 PM) *
You mean...... You went out?........BURN THE HERETIC!!

It's all bollocks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53221435

Terrible for those afflicted...but let's protect the ill but get on with our lives. In 20 years tomorrows adults will look back on us as twats.

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:41 AM