> Bloody spectacle of Pamplona
scott
post Jul 14 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 151

QUOTE (Branston Pickle @ Jul 13 2009, 10:45 PM) *
I don't think you can really say 'they.' People from a number of different nationalities (including Britain) take part in it.

Didn't Richard Hammond do it a few years back and it was shown on top gear?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jul 15 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 13 2009, 10:37 PM) *
Presumably the respective families deserve the bereavement also.

Yes. If they encouraged it or brought the victim up to disrespect others around them.

Lack of care for other living things often leads to the same feelings for fellow humans.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 15 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jul 15 2009, 12:26 PM) *
Yes. If they encouraged it or brought the victim up to disrespect others around them.
Lack of care for other living things often leads to the same feelings for fellow humans.

There's a few ifs in there, eh?

What we appear to have here is a cultural issue and until we as a country can show impeccable respect for animals, I don't think we can speak from a particularly high moral standpoint. I don't agree with the way Spain treat bulls, I think it should be banned, but knowing the grief that some people might be feeling right now that might be innocent of all this, I think it quite inhuman to jubilate over such a tragedy.

This death will not affect the running of the bulls and therefore the welfare of these beasts, one bit.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jul 15 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 15 2009, 01:12 PM) *
There's a few ifs in there, eh?
I don't agree with the way Spain treat bulls, I think it should be banned, but knowing the grief that some people might be feeling right now that might be innocent of all this, I think it quite inhuman to jubilate over such a tragedy.

I agree with your point - I am in no way jubilating over someone else's loss. It is very sad when a human life is lost in this way as it could have been avoided.

I just want to condemn the abuse of animals - can anyone on the these pages justify the abuse of animals for fun?

It is sad but true that some people in our "society" now think it's OK to abuse fellow humans - sometimes for fun!!! sad.gif
Take the school pet rabbit story a few months ago - would these same people think it OK to do the same to a human?
I tend to think that that is the way they are heading.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 15 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jul 15 2009, 01:25 PM) *
I just want to condemn the abuse of animals - can anyone on the these pages justify the abuse of animals for fun? It is sad but true that some people in our "society" now think it's OK to abuse fellow humans - sometimes for fun!!! sad.gif
Take the school pet rabbit story a few months ago - would these same people think it OK to do the same to a human?
I tend to think that that is the way they are heading.

Yes, I have heard the correlation between cruelty to animals in young and their propensity to violence later in life. When I hear the stories like the one you mention, it make me sick to thin people can do that.

I think in general we treat animals shabbily, but sadly I am not a vegetarian so I do feel rather hypocritical on these matters.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:41 PM