> Tesco Trolleys
AmieB
post Jun 30 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 30 2009, 03:14 PM) *
Hear hear! The problem with these things is that the perpetrators are only able to recognise ASB commited against them but to self important to consider their own actions. Just another small point, how do you know someone will take your trolley as soon as you go? They clearly don't otherwise it wouldn't be a problem. What if I parked in the parents spaces because it was easier for me? Would that be considered ASB?

Were off again...!
9 out of 10 someone is always waiting to go in my space, so i presume they would use the trolley. Maybe they wouldn't. I really dont care anymore.
Im not going to be honest on posts as this is getting silly.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Jun 30 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 30 2009, 03:14 PM) *
Hear hear! The problem with these things is that the perpetrators are only able to recognise ASB commited against them but to self important to consider their own actions. Just another small point, how do you know someone will take your trolley as soon as you go? They clearly don't otherwise it wouldn't be a problem. What if I parked in the parents spaces because it was easier for me? Would that be considered ASB?

Ease up tiger on the ASB, there is no hard and fast rule about where one should leave their trolley. Tesco employ people to collect these from all around their premises and if they are building up and causing obstructions I would say it is their job to sort it out.

+Quote Post
scott
post Jun 30 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 151

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Jun 30 2009, 03:22 PM) *
Tesco employ people to collect these from all around their premises and if they are building up and causing obstructions I would say it is their job to sort it out.

I agree in the fact that tesco have a duty to keep their pathways/parking spaces clear, but a large responsibility must fall on the customer. as far as i am aware there do not have a full time "trolley wally" (thats what we used to call them as kids)

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

A lot of car drivers have complained that because customers leave their trolley's all over the place they are hitting their cars.

+Quote Post
J C
post Jun 30 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 30

Shop in Sainsburys instead, people take their trolleys back so that they can get the pound back they used to release it in the first place

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (J C @ Jun 30 2009, 04:10 PM) *
Shop in Sainsburys instead, people take their trolleys back so that they can get the pound back they used to release it in the first place

And of course it is nearer than Tesco's; at least for most. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
J C
post Jun 30 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 30

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 30 2009, 04:12 PM) *
And of course it is nearer than Tesco's; at least for most. laugh.gif

Plus with the new deck there are the additional 263 (I think) spaces for those it isn't closer

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 30 2009, 05:27 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Jun 30 2009, 03:22 PM) *
Ease up tiger on the ASB, there is no hard and fast rule about where one should leave their trolley. Tesco employ people to collect these from all around their premises and if they are building up and causing obstructions I would say it is their job to sort it out.

Good point. It's someone elses problem. I will cease forthwith from returning my trolley. I will also not bother to put my litter in the bin whilst out in public.

+Quote Post
Andy
post Jun 30 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 30 2009, 06:27 PM) *
Good point. It's someone elses problem. I will cease forthwith from returning my trolley. I will also not bother to put my litter in the bin whilst out in public.

Strafin, that's fine because they have street cleaners that are employed to do that and you wouldn't want them done done out of a job now, would you? Also, you never know there could be other members of the public who are especially waiting for your trash. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Jul 1 2009, 06:46 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 30 2009, 06:27 PM) *

If by that you mean you intend throw it on the floor then that would be mildly stupid seeing as you can get fined for that. Just in case didn't know you can't get fined for just leaving your trolley anywhere you like in the Tesco car park.

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Jul 1 2009, 06:52 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy @ Jun 30 2009, 08:14 PM) *
Strafin, that's fine because they have street cleaners that are employed to do that and you wouldn't want them done done out of a job now, would you? Also, you never know there could be other members of the public who are especially waiting for your trash. biggrin.gif

See above reply to Strafin. Maybe think of a better example to support your argument.

Gotta be honest ever so slightly bored of this topic so this will be my last post on the subject. Both of you feel free to think of something ever so witty to post that will give you any sort of satisfaction on this matter, I can clearly see it is deeply troubling you tongue.gif

+Quote Post
part time
post Jul 1 2009, 06:53 AM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 171

Okay, i'm a Dad that does the weekly shop in Tesco on a weekday afternoon and here's my take on it.
1) The 'parent' bays round the side of the store do not have a trolley park anywhere near them.
2) Due to the large bollards it isn't feasible to reverse park into these bays as you'd never get the boot open, so you have to go in forwards. This means that when you load the shopping into the car you have to do so at the edge of the 'through road'. There is a gentle slope down on the parking bays, meaning trolleys inevitably roll down and out into the 'road'. Some time ago now, in Tesco's infinite wisdom the brakes were abandonned from all the trolleys at the store. As far as I am concerned I am unwilling to to leave my nipper in the trolley, out in the level road while I load the car, therefore she goes in the car first, then I load the shopping from the road. Once the car is packed, the little one is already tucked up in the car seat and I don't want to be walking half way accross the car park for a trolley park so it goes back to the park, tucked up nicely against the wall.
3) the standard of eye candy does seem to have tailed of significanlty recently......

+Quote Post
Andy
post Jul 1 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy @ Jun 30 2009, 08:14 PM) *

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Jul 1 2009, 07:52 AM) *
See above reply to Strafin. Maybe think of a better example to support your argument.

Gotta be honest ever so slightly bored of this topic so this will be my last post on the subject. Both of you feel free to think of something ever so witty to post that will give you any sort of satisfaction on this matter, I can clearly see it is deeply troubling you tongue.gif

As you can see, I added a big grin to my post indicating I wasn't being serious. rolleyes.gif

I really couldn't give a flying feck about the trolleys, because if my car were to be damaged, I'd sue Tesco's for the repair. The point I was trying to make, which seemingly has gone over your head, is that it is an anti-social activity, that's all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jul 1 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 1 2009, 09:33 AM) *
As you can see, I added a big grin to my post indicating I wasn't being serious. rolleyes.gif

I really couldn't give a flying feck about the trolleys, because if my car were to be damaged, I'd sue Tesco's for the repair. The point I was trying to make, which seemingly has gone over your head, is that it is an anti-social activity, that's all.

ASB is not putting a trolley back. Yobs going round town, pissed up, shouting abuse is ASB. I dont know how you can compare the 2...

+Quote Post
Andy
post Jul 1 2009, 09:33 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jul 1 2009, 10:22 AM) *
ASB is not putting a trolley back. Yobs going round town, pissed up, shouting abuse is ASB. I dont know how you can compare the 2...

I've already explained my reasoning, please don't keep churning the same old question

--------------------

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jul 1 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 1 2009, 10:33 AM) *
I've already explained my reasoning, please don't keep churning the same old question

Ill do as i please

+Quote Post
JMH
post Jul 1 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 133

Hey,

I've just driven along Essex Street and there is a Tesco trolley on the Roadside - was that you AmieB? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Andy
post Jul 1 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jul 1 2009, 11:01 AM) *
Ill do as i please

We already know that, typical anti social attitude laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jul 1 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JMH @ Jul 1 2009, 11:04 AM) *
Hey,

I've just driven along Essex Street and there is a Tesco trolley on the Roadside - was that you AmieB? wink.gif

Nope - thats a long walk from there!

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post Jul 1 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (scott @ Jun 30 2009, 03:37 PM) *
I agree in the fact that tesco have a duty to keep their pathways/parking spaces clear, but a large responsibility must fall on the customer. as far as i am aware there do not have a full time "trolley wally" (thats what we used to call them as kids)

Tesco Extra do have a full time "trolley wally", who is a very close friend of mine and who happens to have a 2:2 degree. However, he is very overloaded most of the time but if you report any specific problems on here then I will be sure to pass them on.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:31 PM