Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CoronaVirus, Nature will find a way
je suis Charlie
post Apr 2 2020, 12:31 PM
Post #141

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,530

Don't forget eight o'clock tonite? Your weekly excuse to virtue signal.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 2 2020, 01:39 PM
Post #142

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 2 2020, 01:31 PM) *

Put my bin out at 8 the other day and wondered why the neighbor's were clapping...thought they were taking the p1ss!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 2 2020, 01:53 PM
Post #143

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 2 2020, 02:39 PM) *
Put my bin out at 8 the other day and wondered why the neighbor's were clapping...thought they were taking the p1ss!

They were. laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 2 2020, 02:00 PM
Post #144

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 2 2020, 01:31 PM) *

And then they can all congregate in Tesco's, (other supermarkets cater for idiots too),the following day and discuss how they have supported the health service. See there are still bunches of youths wondering about with nothing better to do so I'm guessing home schooling has it's dissenters.

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 3 2020, 06:48 AM
Post #145

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 1 2020, 03:43 PM) *
Don't let facts get in the way. Its people like you....the globalisation champions that I personally blame.🙄

Our own government is responsible for our plight. They missed chance after chance to slow this down. Skiers at half term from France & Italy. Flights from China. All could have been made to quarantine for 14 days. Cheltenham, Liverpool v Atletico Madrid. They've been forced into doing the right thing every time. Testing is what's being forced on them now. But if you vote for a party that you know are lying to you, stripped of talent to deliver on those lies and really have only one issue, then you are a fool to think they are capable of handling a crisis on the scale we have now.

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 3 2020, 06:50 AM
Post #146

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 2 2020, 03:00 PM) *
And then they can all congregate in Tesco's, (other supermarkets cater for idiots too),the following day and discuss how they have supported the health service. See there are still bunches of youths wondering about with nothing better to do so I'm guessing home schooling has it's dissenters.

I'm not clapping either. It's not my type of thing, but I appreciate what the staff are doing and didn't vote Tory which was the best thing I could have done to help the NHS.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 3 2020, 07:55 AM
Post #147

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 3 2020, 07:48 AM) *
Our own government is responsible for our plight. They missed chance after chance to slow this down. Skiers at half term from France & Italy. Flights from China. All could have been made to quarantine for 14 days. Cheltenham, Liverpool v Atletico Madrid. They've been forced into doing the right thing every time. Testing is what's being forced on them now. But if you vote for a party that you know are lying to you, stripped of talent to deliver on those lies and really have only one issue, then you are a fool to think they are capable of handling a crisis on the scale we have now.

You have a point but the same could be said about most large European Countries as well. It's almost as if borders work..

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 3 2020, 09:08 AM
Post #148

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 3 2020, 07:50 AM) *
I'm not clapping either. It's not my type of thing, but I appreciate what the staff are doing and didn't vote Tory which was the best thing I could have done to help the NHS.

I know it's not the time to be critical but the NHS is not the all encompassing institution we would have believe. Eye watering incompetence is twinned with a dedication unsurpassed, and throwing money at as is the Labour want will not solve the ills only encourage continuation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 3 2020, 10:20 AM
Post #149

Advanced Member

Can you imagine the utter chaos if Abacus Abbott and Co had been unleashed during this disaster? "We predict twenty million ventilators to be ready last week, just in time for our planned NHS push on diversity and gender awareness training month. This has been planned for two weeks and is mandatory for all staff."

In a statement from #10 some old grandad said "I'm staying in bed with some warm milk till it all goes away, it's the Tories fault, death to capitalism!"

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post Apr 3 2020, 10:28 AM
Post #150

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 3 2020, 09:08 AM) *
I know it's not the time to be critical but the NHS is not the all encompassing institution we would have believe. Eye watering incompetence is twinned with a dedication unsurpassed, and throwing money at as is the Labour want will not solve the ills only encourage continuation.

Yes, I'm inclined to agree. Even before all this happened I had an appointment with a hospital consultant, which could just as easily have taken place with a video call to save all the wasted time travelling, parking costs and time waiting at the hospital.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 3 2020, 10:52 AM
Post #151

Advanced Member

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Apr 3 2020, 11:28 AM) *
Yes, I'm inclined to agree. Even before all this happened I had an appointment with a hospital consultant, which could just as easily have taken place with a video call to save all the wasted time travelling, parking costs and time waiting at the hospital.

That's as much to do with antiquated IT as much as anything else....

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 3 2020, 11:33 AM
Post #152

Advanced Member

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Apr 3 2020, 11:28 AM) *

About 6 months ago a friend of mine kindly ferried an elderly chap to RBH for an appointment, (and we know how traumatic that can be), and in the course of the consultation he asked where he lived? Newbury came the reply, "Oh I'm going there tomorrow to see another patient". Now this lies at admin's door but just one example of unjoined up planning.

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 3 2020, 12:38 PM
Post #153

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 3 2020, 08:55 AM) *
You have a point but the same could be said about most large European Countries as well. It's almost as if borders work..

Explain what you mean? (I don’t actually expect anything coherent from you). We’re not in Schengen so we had more evident borders than any other country. USA has strict border control but have now surpassed official Chinese figures. It’s almost as if borders make no difference. The difference is government competence. Ours ignored the warnings, then came up with herd immunity and now has lost control.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Apr 3 2020, 02:33 PM
Post #154

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 3 2020, 12:38 PM) *
Explain what you mean? (I don’t actually expect anything coherent from you). We’re not in Schengen so we had more evident borders than any other country. USA has strict border control but have now surpassed official Chinese figures. It’s almost as if borders make no difference. The difference is government competence. Ours ignored the warnings, then came up with herd immunity and now has lost control.

Yes, what we really should have done is gone into a strict lockdown, just like Italy, France and Spain did, cos that would have stopped it in its tracks. Oh, wait, ok, as you were then.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 3 2020, 02:55 PM
Post #155

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 3 2020, 01:38 PM) *

Nice jibe at the start. Wouldn't have expected anything less from the Ask Sarkar of the forum. Well let's see.. I wished they had locked down in early January just so I could have gone back and read your posts saying it was "racist"....we see you..we know you..

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 3 2020, 02:59 PM
Post #156

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Apr 3 2020, 03:33 PM) *
Yes, what we really should have done is gone into a strict lockdown, just like Italy, France and Spain did, cos that would have stopped it in its tracks. Oh, wait, ok, as you were then.

PS..when even verhoftwat thinks the EU is failing you know it ain't limited to blighty.

https://mobile.twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/s...693497253998592

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 3 2020, 03:12 PM
Post #157

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 3 2020, 01:38 PM) *

Note the date I started this thread by the way..

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 3 2020, 04:46 PM
Post #158

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Apr 3 2020, 02:33 PM) *

Don't confuse the poor boy, still could be worse, if labour were in charge they would still be holding meetings about 'is covid 19 binary?' And setting up centres where people who are upset could go for legal aide to sue the Tories.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 3 2020, 04:49 PM
Post #159

Advanced Member

I have to say, the opening posts on this thread seem eerily prescient.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 3 2020, 05:27 PM
Post #160

Advanced Member

Finally, and not a minute to bloody soon, they have removed the exception "taking exercise" from the government directive on what is permitted. If they are that desperate to keep their muscles in shape try walking up and down stairs 20 times an hour. Be interesting to see what happens this weekend if the sun comes out and how poor old plod deals with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:00 AM