3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hungerford Facebooker escapes gaol
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Nov 19 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #21

Guests

QUOTE (x2lls @ Nov 17 2011, 11:37 PM) *
If the police had not acted upon the stupidity of a complete tw@t and damage to property or worse someone injured or even killed, what would be said on this forum?

It's all very well saying 'I didn't mean it', but funnily enough, we are still not able to read minds.
Considering the possibility that what is said 'maybe' true, you cannot take the risk.

He's so lucky he doesn't reside in Sweden or the USA!!!!

Well based on what you're saying you're only allowed to say exactly what you mean and you're not allowed to be angry (which would invariably involve yelling out "I'D KILL SOMEONE RIGHT NOW".

So next time you say "kill" how about a meat wagon pulls up outside your house and apprehends you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Nov 19 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Nov 17 2011, 09:36 AM) *
So people do see sense after all. Most of us would agree with the sentiments; when was the last time you saw a copper and thought "what a delectable young fellow" as you quietly drink your shandy with Jenavive and a fox?

I use "kill" all the time, if I ask my Mum to do something and when I go to her house, she hasn't done it "ugh I'm going to kill you." It doesn't mean reach for the sharpest knife in the drawer..

I am pretty sure you are in a minority there - I certainly so.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Nov 20 2011, 09:45 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Strafin @ Nov 19 2011, 08:32 PM) *
I am pretty sure you are in a minority there - I certainly so.

I was going to make a quip about not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, but the post has disappeared - perhaps he's a bit sharper than I supposed.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Nov 21 2011, 11:18 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Squelchy @ Nov 17 2011, 07:45 AM) *
Bloggo has nothing to say, he was nailed to the floor in the previous thread about this. Pure hypocrisy.

The other two are just funny.

This teenager may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but he aint exactly a clear and present danger, or an ongoing menace to society. It's over £50.000.00 a year to keep someone in jail, so Bloggo would spend nearly a quarter of a million pounds to keep the rest of us safe from a non-threat. Laughable.

Thank you for your observations, always a treat.
Actually I do have something to say.
Firstly the court has decided that he is not a threat to society and has let him off. and I accept that although I don't agree with it.
I personally think the lad is a thug and a moron and I expect that he will continue to make his contribution to society in the manner that he has until he does cross the line that our courts do find unacceptable.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Darren
post Nov 21 2011, 01:22 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Unfortunately being stupid isnt a crime

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 21 2011, 01:27 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

A further decline in morals and standards.
Whatever happened to public decency?
Should please some on here with their pro-criminal, anti-police views!! sad.gif
(Should have posted in the "Tasers" thread really but it applies to so many cases these days. sad.gif)

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Nov 21 2011, 01:38 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Nov 21 2011, 01:27 PM) *
A further decline in morals and standards.
Should please some on here with their pro-criminal, anti-police views!! sad.gif
(Should have posted in the "Tasers" thread really but it applies to so many cases these days. sad.gif)

Might be better in a thread of its own, but anywho:

Mr Harvey was fined £50 after he bombarded police with foul language while they attempted to search him for cannabis in Hackney, east London.

The 20-year-old told officers: "---- this man. I ain't been smoking nothing." When the search revealed no drugs, he continued: "Told you, you wouldn't find ---- all." Asked whether he had a middle name, he replied: "No, I've already
------- told you so."

Hardly a bombarding was it. Three f**ks, none directed at the police.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Nov 21 2011, 05:03 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Nov 19 2011, 03:57 PM) *
Well based on what you're saying you're only allowed to say exactly what you mean and you're not allowed to be angry (which would invariably involve yelling out "I'D KILL SOMEONE RIGHT NOW".

So next time you say "kill" how about a meat wagon pulls up outside your house and apprehends you?

I think you have completely missed my point and are putting words into my mouth(or keyboard!).

I did not at all say you should ONLY SAY EXACTLY what you mean. There ws NO NEED to do what he did. My point was, how do the authorites know there was no intent? Considering the events going on around the country at the time, I believe they did the right thing. If there was no intent, then why 'pretend' there was?

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
Roost
post Nov 22 2011, 02:04 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31

Ok, I ask a question.

Who, in their job would either expect or be happy to put up with such abuse / bad language??

Please answer truthfully

--------------------
Roost

Welcome to the jungle....

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Nov 22 2011, 08:19 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

That's stupid. I wouldn't expect to be shot at at work, but if I was the army I would be!

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Nov 22 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #31

Guests

QUOTE (x2lls @ Nov 21 2011, 05:03 PM) *
I think you have completely missed my point and are putting words into my mouth(or keyboard!).

I did not at all say you should ONLY SAY EXACTLY what you mean. There ws NO NEED to do what he did. My point was, how do the authorites know there was no intent? Considering the events going on around the country at the time, I believe they did the right thing. If there was no intent, then why 'pretend' there was?

People say and do a lot of things they do not mean. Take a psychology class.

+Quote Post
Bofem
post Nov 22 2011, 08:58 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 924

QUOTE (Roost @ Nov 22 2011, 02:04 AM) *
Ok, I ask a question.

Who, in their job would either expect or be happy to put up with such abuse / bad language??

Please answer truthfully

I don't think anyone's 'happy' about it, but many put up with it.

Bus drivers, green meanies, driving instructors all get abused regularly but get up again the next day for more. And if you're black in this town, you are expected to put up with all sorts of hilarious jokes at your expense. Ask the lads in the Indian restaurants, try Botans at 3am, or speak with any of the bar staff.

Black footballers have just been told by their governing body it's OK if they are racially abused at their place of work.

What I think this case demonstrates is that we're still just about a free country, which is incredible after 13 years of Labour giving away all our freedoms after lobbying from ACPO (remember ID cards and 90 day lock-up without charge - yeah that was them).

--------------------
Newbury's #1 ill-informed internet poster

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 22 2011, 09:38 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bofem @ Nov 22 2011, 10:58 AM) *
Bus drivers, green meanies, driving instructors all get abused regularly but get up again the next day for more. And if you're black in this town, you are expected to put up with all sorts of hilarious jokes at your expense. Ask the lads in the Indian restaurants, try Botans at 3am, or speak with any of the bar staff.

OK it happens but it is all unacceptable and in many cases illegal. (Racist comments etc.)
Driving instructors?? blink.gif

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 22 2011, 09:40 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Nov 22 2011, 08:53 AM) *
People say and do a lot of things they do not mean. Take a psychology class.

Try joking that you have a bomb at Heathrow, then say you didn't mean it... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Nov 22 2011, 10:25 AM
Post #35

Guests

QUOTE (JeffG @ Nov 22 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Try joking that you have a bomb at Heathrow, then say you didn't mean it... wink.gif

Been there, done that. Not at Heathrow but I was at a train station and got asked what was in my bag (it was a computer and a Logitech G25 so quite a big bad) and I said "well it's not a bomb so it doesn't matter" - they weren't happy.

Besides I'm physically unable to be a terrorist as I don't use public transport so it would be a pointless career choice.

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Nov 22 2011, 10:35 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Nov 22 2011, 10:25 AM) *
Been there, done that. Not at Heathrow but I was at a train station and got asked what was in my bag (it was a computer and a Logitech G25 so quite a big bad) and I said "well it's not a bomb so it doesn't matter" - they weren't happy.

Besides I'm physically unable to be a terrorist as I don't use public transport so it would be a pointless career choice.

You make about as much sense as GMR. I can only assume that you are him, or you're part of some kind of GMR affiliation program.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 22 2011, 10:39 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Nov 22 2011, 12:25 PM) *

You get a lot of idiots doing lots of stupid things at railway stations!

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Nov 22 2011, 01:42 PM
Post #38

Guests

I agree Mr Biker. People feeding pigeons and everything.

QUOTE (massifheed @ Nov 22 2011, 10:35 AM) *
You make about as much sense as GMR. I can only assume that you are him, or you're part of some kind of GMR affiliation program.

I can not say with any degree of uncertainty, that this is or isn't possibly true. On the contrary without saying yes or no we cannot agree nor disagree with the statement.

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Nov 22 2011, 01:46 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Nov 22 2011, 01:42 PM) *
I can not say with any degree of uncertainty, that this is or isn't possibly true. On the contrary without saying yes or no we cannot agree nor disagree with the statement.

Classic GMR!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 22 2011, 01:57 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

Agree about the cost in keeping the moron in jail. Not worth it.
Such an idiot doen not even deserve peoples derision. He's obviously 'challenged' in the grey matter area.
My personal view is that he must be so dense that he's probably only a danger to himself. After all if you go round threatening people it's only a matter of time before you pick on the wrong chap and get a good old fashioned smack in the chops. And that would be such a shame....

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:51 PM