> Newbury's CCTV
dannyboy
post Jan 20 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #521

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 20 2011, 10:35 PM) *
They must be twins, they think so alike!!!

do you think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 20 2011, 10:39 PM
Post #522

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 20 2011, 10:34 PM) *
nope. not me.

Only a true member of the West Berkshire Council Defence League would deny their subscription! tongue.gif

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 20 2011, 10:36 PM) *
do you think?

No you don't, but you both behave similar when it comes to criticism of certain authorities.

We have strong evidence that the council are ballsing-up, yet you are more concerned with belittling RG.

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 20 2011, 10:41 PM
Post #523

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jan 20 2011, 10:39 PM) *
No you don't, but you both behave similar when it comes to criticism of certain authorities.

We have strong evidence that the council are ballsing-up, yet you are more concerned with belittling RG.
As do you and Dickie.

I've yet to see any evidence at all.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 20 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #524

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jan 20 2011, 10:39 PM) *
Only a true member of the West Berkshire Council Defence League would deny their subscription! tongue.gif

Innocent until proven guilty.

RG does a good job all by himself without any help from others.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 20 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #525

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 20 2011, 10:41 PM) *
As do you and Dickie.

Do what?

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 20 2011, 10:41 PM) *
I've yet to see any evidence whatsoever.

That's untrue for a start. We have evidence by statement. We have contradiction from the council and we have witness statements. I grant you that this is not proof, but it is evidence none the less.

I am sure that if the ShopSafe and Pubwatch scheme up and running properly, they would have said so.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 20 2011, 10:46 PM
Post #526

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 20 2011, 10:44 PM) *

Only in law.

TBH - if you and user23 were less transparent and less childish in your methods WRT RG, I probably wouldn't. My concerns with this issue are not the same as RG.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 20 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #527

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,076

I'm not fighting this alone, I just don't have anything to lose by being vocal on the matter. Many others feel they can't speak out at this stage, but would contribute to an investigation as they would be required to take part by whoever is responsible for it.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 20 2011, 10:54 PM
Post #528

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jan 20 2011, 10:46 PM) *
Only in law.

TBH - if you and user23 were less transparent and less childish in your methods WRT RG, I probably wouldn't. My concerns with this issue are not the same as RG.

Impartiality is the name of the game.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 20 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #529

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 20 2011, 10:53 PM) *
I'm not fighting this alone, I just don't have anything to lose by being vocal on the matter. Many others feel they can't speak out at this stage, but would contribute to an investigation as they would be required to take part by whoever is responsible for it.

You have a lot to lose. For instance me, with your first posts on these forums. You can't be critical if you are overtly biased.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 20 2011, 11:15 PM
Post #530

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 20 2011, 10:56 PM) *
You have a lot to lose. For instance me, with your first posts on these forums. You can't be critical if you are overtly biased.

Let's take this issue:

Back in December we were told everything had transferred and was working fine.
Over Christmas, I raised concerns and was lied too.
Windsor went on record stating what the situation was.
Cllr Stansfield was first to break cover, whilst the council PR continued with the "everything is fine" line.
Nick Carter then confirmed the situation the time, proving everyone else had not told the truth.
We now know that the "24/7" Pubwatch system only works on certain evenings, so more untruths from the council.

If I was wrong on the issue, I would have looked silly. But the REAL FACTS support what I have said on here and in the media. I wish I had been wrong. But the facts are that the system wasn't working and the council misled me and others.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 20 2011, 11:24 PM
Post #531

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 20 2011, 11:15 PM) *
Let's take this issue:

Back in December we were told everything had transferred and was working fine.
Over Christmas, I raised concerns and was lied too.
Windsor went on record stating what the situation was.
Cllr Stansfield was first to break cover, whilst the council PR continued with the "everything is fine" line.
Nick Carter then confirmed the situation the time, proving everyone else had not told the truth.
We now know that the "24/7" Pubwatch system only works on certain evenings, so more untruths from the council.

If I was wrong on the issue, I would have looked silly. But the REAL FACTS support what I have said on here and in the media. I wish I had been wrong. But the facts are that the system wasn't working and the council misled me and others.

I coudn't give a toss about the CCTV, or who is right & who is wrong.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 20 2011, 11:40 PM
Post #532

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 20 2011, 11:24 PM) *

I asked you a long time ago if you thought it was ok for people to be misled over the matter and you didn't answer. Do you think that is an acceptable way for the council to behave?

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 20 2011, 11:45 PM
Post #533

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 20 2011, 11:40 PM) *
I asked you a long time ago if you thought it was ok for people to be misled over the matter and you didn't answer. Do you think that is an acceptable way for the council to behave?

Misled ? I think that is a little harsh. Falsehood and delusion are allowed in no case whatsoever: But, as in the exercise of all the virtues, there is an economy of truth.

All councils do it. Get over it.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 20 2011, 11:58 PM
Post #534

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 20 2011, 11:45 PM) *
Misled ? I think that is a little harsh. Falsehood and delusion are allowed in no case whatsoever: But, as in the exercise of all the virtues, there is an economy of truth.

All councils do it. Get over it.

I'm sorry if I offend you with my style and the way I post comments on here. But I like to think I have principles, and just because others do this it doesn't mean West Berks should. We've never had accountability here, despite some of the huge clangers that have been dropped. I think it's time that changed, whether I personally get elected or not.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 21 2011, 12:43 AM
Post #535

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 20 2011, 11:24 PM) *

In practical terms, CCTV is unimportant to me, but I am in no way as casual about it as you.

If the council had figures that demonstrated that CCTV was not good value, then they should explain. They said they could save money and and improve the system. That is far from the way things are at the moment. Indeed, it seems the CCTV system coverage was being reduced before the migration, so they have a smaller footprint to manage (I understand).

They are guardians of the system and I believe it is incumbent on them to do a good job. In this situation, and by all accounts, they have not. They have even sought to conceal the truth in some cases. In my view we should be interested in the migration of the CCTV as it is indicative of how well they might handle other services under their control.

I think it is quite proper, even if it is only for political mischief, for people like Richard Garvie to speak up. If he is wrong, then we have the opportunity to argue the cause. The way I see it, we appear to have little opposition in Newbury these days, other than a few weasel words from Mr Rendel, so someone like Richard Garvie makes a refreshing change or inclusion to the debate.

You could say he is the heir to the 'position' that the now tamed Brian Burgess once held.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 21 2011, 10:32 AM
Post #536

Advanced Member

a refreshing change or inclusion to the debate.

well it is certainly better than the once popular calls for sterilisation & capital punishment. I don't care because I know that that would be a waste of time.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 21 2011, 10:50 AM
Post #537

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 21 2011, 10:32 AM) *
a refreshing change or inclusion to the debate.

well it is certainly better than the once popular calls for sterilisation & capital punishment. I don't care because I know that that would be a waste of time.

What do you mean?

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 21 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #538

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jan 21 2011, 10:50 AM) *
What do you mean?

Should have had a new paragraph.

RG's contribution to the forum is better than the once popular calls for sterilisation & capital punishment which were the staple of discussion here.

I don't care about the CCTV or council accountability because I know that that to care would be a waste of time.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 21 2011, 11:00 AM
Post #539

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 21 2011, 10:54 AM) *
I don't care about the CCTV or council accountability because I know that that to care would be a waste of time.

OK, but that is very defeatist and also makes me wonder why you bother to post at all; hardly anything here will material change anything. It also doesn't explain why you would be so sensitive to Richard Garvie's anti-West Berks rhetoric.

I think it is surprising you find RG's language and attitude more worthy of ridicule than allegations of your tax money being poorly spent, or the council badly managing a project that undermines the security of the town.

I am still convinced you are not impartial in these matters.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 21 2011, 11:01 AM
Post #540

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 21 2011, 10:54 AM) *
Should have had a new paragraph.

RG's contribution to the forum is better than the once popular calls for sterilisation & capital punishment which were the staple of discussion here.

Maybe if we all took a little interest, they would not treat us like fools.

+Quote Post

55 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:54 PM