Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RAF over Greenham Common
Eric
post Jun 26 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 162

Re story on cover of NWN. I reported exactly the same thing to the Greenham authorities last year who assured me that these activities were not authorised and that they would contact the RAF to prevent any further such flights. We had a young puppy at the time who was terrified as a helicopter repeatedly flew straight over us very close to the ground and also carried out numerous 'quickstops', blasting the area with gravel and dust. When there are so many restrictions on dog owners at Greenham over the spring / summer months, it is irksome that this has still been going on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 26 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Eric @ Jun 26 2009, 10:10 AM) *
Re story on cover of NWN. I reported exactly the same thing to the Greenham authorities last year who assured me that these activities were not authorised and that they would contact the RAF to prevent any further such flights. We had a young puppy at the time who was terrified as a helicopter repeatedly flew straight over us very close to the ground and also carried out numerous 'quickstops', blasting the area with gravel and dust. When there are so many restrictions on dog owners at Greenham over the spring / summer months, it is irksome that this has still been going on.

It seems you can't get anything done unless you have a strong backing like the NWN. People in authority don't listen to individuals. Saying that, you would have thought they'd have investigated the situation before doing their manoeuvres.

+Quote Post
Ally_HP
post Jun 26 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 131

Sorry, i dont agree with you.

Greenham was once one of the main airfields in Britain and people shoud be used to these aircraft flying over at close range. We get them all the time over our house and its gone within seconds.

As for your puppy, i understand completely what you mean , my dog hates fireworks. But i cant help feel that if you knew it was still going on, why do you keep going to greenham?

Im not meaning to be rude, so please dont think i am smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Jun 26 2009, 12:16 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 37

I think they are an infernal nuiscance, especially the Chinooks which cause the very window frames of the house to rattle. I appreciate they have to practice somewhere but it's not much fun when they pay you a visit about 2 o'clock in the morning.

+Quote Post
Eric
post Jun 26 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 162

We happened to be there at the time this happened - I did not go back again at the same time of day and certainly wouldn't have deliberately taken the puppy up there knowing that he was gonig to be frightened.

QUOTE (Ally_HP @ Jun 26 2009, 01:03 PM) *
Sorry, i dont agree with you.

Greenham was once one of the main airfields in Britain and people shoud be used to these aircraft flying over at close range. We get them all the time over our house and its gone within seconds.

As for your puppy, i understand completely what you mean , my dog hates fireworks. But i cant help feel that if you knew it was still going on, why do you keep going to greenham?

Im not meaning to be rude, so please dont think i am smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_NNo_*
post Jun 26 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (Ally_HP @ Jun 26 2009, 01:03 PM) *
Greenham was once one of the main airfields in Britain and people shoud be used to these aircraft flying over at close range. We get them all the time over our house and its gone within seconds

I though it hadn't been an airfield for 12 years + ??

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:43 AM