Post #62

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 17 2020, 12:52 PM) *
BBC News - Black Lives Matter: Students 'need support' over George Floyd death
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-notti...mshire-53024298

laugh.gif laugh.gif dry.gif laugh.gif

You couldn't make it up no matter how hard one tried. Those who thought we had elected a government who would give us back the ability to stand on our own two feet had better start packing because income tax is going to be 98p in the pound next year. The rest of us will just sit in a collective huddle with our hands outstretched citing our mental health is preventing us from working.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post Jun 17 2020, 01:54 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 846

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 17 2020, 01:25 PM) *
You couldn't make it up no matter how hard one tried. Those who thought we had elected a government who would give us back the ability to stand on our own two feet had better start packing because income tax is going to be 98p in the pound next year. The rest of us will just sit in a collective huddle with our hands outstretched citing our mental health is preventing us from working.

I have an Italian background. Can I say I need help for all the statues of Columbus being taken down?

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 17 2020, 02:48 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

I'm honestly tempted to ask them why they're treating a skin colour as a disability, when in reality we should be working to empower all ethnicities to be their best rather than patronise them for **** that they were victims of in centuries gone past. I wish the world would just go "ok done, we all learned from our past, let's put it behind us and move on with the lessons we've learned" but instead we need to drag this out as much as possible, every white knight must be acknowledged, every virtue signalling **** must be acknowledged, every person must have their little "I did my part" moment whilst achieving absolutely **** all at the same time. This is nothing but self serving bull**** yet again, if you really want to make a difference, then do something which actually matters, like donate to a cause which helps black people in poor, crime ridden neighbourhoods get an education and find prosperity in life.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 17 2020, 03:25 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 17 2020, 03:48 PM) *
I'm honestly tempted to ask them why they're treating a skin colour as a disability, when in reality we should be working to empower all ethnicities to be their best rather than patronise them for **** that they were victims of in centuries gone past. I wish the world would just go "ok done, we all learned from our past, let's put it behind us and move on with the lessons we've learned" but instead we need to drag this out as much as possible, every white knight must be acknowledged, every virtue signalling **** must be acknowledged, every person must have their little "I did my part" moment whilst achieving absolutely **** all at the same time. This is nothing but self serving bull**** yet again, if you really want to make a difference, then do something which actually matters, like donate to a cause which helps black people in poor, crime ridden neighbourhoods get an education and find prosperity in life.

It's no joke Je Suis. I am unable to return to work as I am so fragile from all the covid news and BLM protests. You need to pay for me for the rest of my life... thanks👍

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 18 2020, 08:45 AM
Post #66

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ Jun 17 2020, 02:54 PM) *
I have an Italian background. Can I say I need help for all the statues of Columbus being taken down?

Oh you poor unfortunate person you. Of course you can remove everything associated with that dreadful man so an open cheque is in the post. Just fill in the appropriate amount.

ps Can I have recompense for 400 years of roman dominance 2000 years ago?

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 18 2020, 09:58 AM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yrg7vV4a5o

It isn't about slavery. That's a side issue.

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post Jun 18 2020, 10:44 AM
Post #68

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 18 2020, 10:58 AM) *

I don't think this is about much more that anger and wanting some sort of payback..

The U.S. had a Black POTUS for 8 years. Doesn't sound much like racism to me. You see black conservatives saying get away from the democratic party for it's them enacting the policies that hurt black folks. You see clips of black cops doing stuff, black folks doing stuff to white people, Asian, etc.. You see black folks doing violence to other black folks, and that is probably the highest statistic of when a black male will die.

There are cops who should not be on the street, but you can't label every cop bad the same as you can't say every protester is a rioter.

ps Can I have recompense for 400 years of roman dominance 2000 years ago?

Only if my ancestors snakes can get compensation for one bad snake in the garden of Eden.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 18 2020, 10:48 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 18 2020, 10:58 AM) *

Please enlighten us??? I thought it was ALL about slavery as I do not see colour being an issue in this country with regards to opportunity, equality etc. The fact that it started in the USA has nothing to do with us.
No one has stood up and stated what exactly the ethnic community want? Simple enough question. If I was a black person living in the UK I would be fearful to where this is going to end, as a cause célèbre without a specific goal runs a very real risk of escalation into something a lot darker, (no pun), before it ends.

See they are going to pull poor old Cecil down.........Glad it's not my alma mater. angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 18 2020, 01:52 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Mirror Online: Uncle Ben's rice to 'evolve' appearance to combat 'racial bias and injustices'.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/uncle-bens-r...h-name-22212057

And how long will it take do you think before the loons start screaming there's only white people on packages now. It's racist.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 18 2020, 02:00 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 18 2020, 02:52 PM) *
Mirror Online: Uncle Ben's rice to 'evolve' appearance to combat 'racial bias and injustices'.

And how long will it take do you think before the loons start screaming there's only white people on packages now. It's racist.

Dont even start on coco pops...🤣

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 18 2020, 03:35 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 18 2020, 03:00 PM) *
Dont even start on coco pops...🤣

As a matter of interest is Robertson's jam still in production? Never thought it much of a product anyway but just wondered.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 18 2020, 03:40 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 18 2020, 02:52 PM) *

They complain it has a white face, if it has a black face and little doubt if it was shade of puce. Has it occurred to anyone that they may just be taking the p**s

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post Jun 18 2020, 03:43 PM
Post #74

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 18 2020, 11:48 AM) *
Please enlighten us??? I thought it was ALL about slavery as I do not see colour being an issue in this country with regards to opportunity, equality etc. The fact that it started in the USA has nothing to do with us.
No one has stood up and stated what exactly the ethnic community want? Simple enough question. If I was a black person living in the UK I would be fearful to where this is going to end, as a cause célèbre without a specific goal runs a very real risk of escalation into something a lot darker, (no pun), before it ends.

See they are going to pull poor old Cecil down.........Glad it's not my alma mater. angry.gif

The issue is that black men, unarmed black men are being killed in the U.S. by police officers. That is a fact. However, there is another fact that the number of unarmed black me being killed by police is lower than unarmed white men or hispanic men killed by police. The number may be lower because there are less blacks in America than whites and hispanics.

Another fact is if your a black man, than the risk of dying in violent act by another black man is greater than dying at the hands of the police.

There are issues in the black community, but I feel the BLM movement should focus on all of them, not just this issue with the police.

No one should die in the streets, be it at the hands of the police, a shooting by rival gangs, a drunken brawl, or being stabbed with a knife.

My ancestors faced pogroms in Russia which had them escape to America. Some stopped in Poland, and they didn't survive the Nazi's.

Slavery, be it white on black, black on black, black on white, has gone on for centuries. It wasn't right then, it isn't right now, but it has been outlawed in the U.S. since 1865. Men died over it, white men. That is a fact.

In Britain and America there are opportunities out there. Yes, you will run into jerks, but it shouldn't stop you if you really want it to happen. No one will hand you anything, if your white or black, unless your in that small percentage of the elite The vast majority of us have to work.

Try to focus on the positive. There was a two term black POTUS. Maybe there will be a black PM. We already had loads of clowns. But seriously, stop looking at the past, as that was then. You will never wipe out racism, because mankind is evil, and people don't wear signs..

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 18 2020, 04:05 PM
Post #75

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ Jun 18 2020, 04:43 PM) *
The issue is that black men, unarmed black men are being killed in the U.S. by police officers. That is a fact. However, there is another fact that the number of unarmed black me being killed by police is lower than unarmed white men or hispanic men killed by police. The number may be lower because there are less blacks in America than whites and hispanics.

Another fact is if your a black man, than the risk of dying in violent act by another black man is greater than dying at the hands of the police.

There are issues in the black community, but I feel the BLM movement should focus on all of them, not just this issue with the police.

No one should die in the streets, be it at the hands of the police, a shooting by rival gangs, a drunken brawl, or being stabbed with a knife.

My ancestors faced pogroms in Russia which had them escape to America. Some stopped in Poland, and they didn't survive the Nazi's.

Slavery, be it white on black, black on black, black on white, has gone on for centuries. It wasn't right then, it isn't right now, but it has been outlawed in the U.S. since 1865. Men died over it, white men. That is a fact.

In Britain and America there are opportunities out there. Yes, you will run into jerks, but it shouldn't stop you if you really want it to happen. No one will hand you anything, if your white or black, unless your in that small percentage of the elite The vast majority of us have to work.

Try to focus on the positive. There was a two term black POTUS. Maybe there will be a black PM. We already had loads of clowns. But seriously, stop looking at the past, as that was then. You will never wipe out racism, because mankind is evil, and people don't wear signs..

Well said. But you would say that as I guess you have white privilege. Off to the re-education camp with you!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 18 2020, 06:46 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

And here's a kick in the tits for the Guardianista,
That's not what they said in 1862! Guardian hypocrisy over BLM https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ticle-masthead

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jun 18 2020, 11:22 PM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

Harping back 200 years or more to highlight crappy things that happened to black folk, because some black folk rounded up other black folk and sold them to white folk and now we're meant to repent for things we had no part of. 200 years ago life was ****** for lots of people. Back then anyone who was anyone during the times of slavery would've owned slaves. ..but any textile mill owner during the times of slavery would have also had expendable child slaves (...white, poor and orphaned child slaves...) to be worked on the looms and spinning jennys and gotten rid of if injured... and any chimney sweep would have 'climbing boys' as young as 4 that would be shoved up with a pole to scrape soot till they got to the roof. There were plenty of **** jobs going round in those days... it wasn't all roses being white and poor back then. It's not just black people that can choose to have a grievance with the past and past masters....

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jun 18 2020, 11:35 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 18 2020, 11:48 AM) *
They're want to pull every statue down... strange that only a year or so back we looked on in dismay at the way that ISIS were wilfully destroying ancient history. "Heathens!! ...Maniacs! Pathetic! You can't scrub out history with a sledgehammer!" ISIS claimed they were symbols of idolatry and they were obeying their Prophet's command.

And yet, look where we are now.... It begs the question as to who the ‘Prophet’ is pulling the strings of the BLM movement and where will this end up

poor old Kitchener one of many targets to be pulled down. Kitchener... a chap who had the "failing acquired by most of the Egyptian officers, a taste for buggery". ....Oh gosh, that's a bit awkward for the Woke Collective then...

So.....BLM supporters try to push him into the sea, while LGBTQ supporters form a peaceful cordon to protect 'a heroic but repressed gay icon ahead of his time'

Tricky times indeed.....

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 19 2020, 10:38 AM
Post #79

Advanced Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-53096766

So this is Mandela's legacy. Don't see a rush by the BLM to chuck his statues in the local pond. Maybe one of them would like to say something about it? But of course it's nice black folk doing it to other black folk and that is perfectly acceptable in the eyes of the loons.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Jun 21 2020, 10:02 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Member No.: 121

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 19 2020, 11:38 AM) *
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-53096766

So this is Mandela's legacy. Don't see a rush by the BLM to chuck his statues in the local pond. Maybe one of them would like to say something about it? But of course it's nice black folk doing it to other black folk and that is perfectly acceptable in the eyes of the loons.

Would that be statues torn down by black or white people?

Also why pick a news report about violence on women in Africa, is it like the only continent on the planet where violence on women happens?

This is about years of racism in our country, not the state of Africa.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:58 AM