> Newbury Train Station, GWR, Network Rail, Shame Shame Shame
Biker1
post May 28 2017, 08:31 AM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 103

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 28 2017, 09:23 AM) *
Yep! I see Abbotts on Marr in a minute. Should be good for a laugh. Comedy gold.

laugh.gif She must be a glutton for punishment!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 28 2017, 08:59 AM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

Diane Abbott. 😵😂

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 28 2017, 09:02 AM
Post #83

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 28 2017, 09:31 AM) *
laugh.gif She must be a glutton!

🐷

+Quote Post
newres
post May 28 2017, 11:19 AM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 28 2017, 09:31 AM) *
laugh.gif She must be a glutton for punishment!

She can't be any more of a disaster than May on Andrew Neil. TM looks lost at sea.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 28 2017, 12:30 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Diane Abbott, bombs, bullets and hair curlers. 😂😂😂

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 28 2017, 02:17 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ May 28 2017, 12:19 PM) *
She can't be any more of a disaster than May on Andrew Neil. TM looks lost at sea.

Where as Abbott who has been "accused" of being a racist did not want bin ladens mob banned. Still thats ok as she used to have an afro when she said that. They need to get rid of Abbott. They WOULD win without. Will cost Labour a million votes.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 28 2017, 02:59 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

"Every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us.". Said the shadow home Secretary. Still think labour is a safe pair of hands?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 28 2017, 03:59 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 28 2017, 03:59 PM) *
"Every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us.". Said the shadow home Secretary. Still think labour is a safe pair of hands?

No worries, there's nothing left of the British State since the Tories sold it off.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 28 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 28 2017, 04:59 PM) *
No worries, there's nothing left of the British State since the Tories sold it off.

Thats ok then. Lets give up. You are part of the problem chap. Constantly talking the Country down.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 28 2017, 04:56 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (newres @ May 28 2017, 12:19 PM) *

Oh yes she can!! tongue.gif
(And I'm no particular fan of May.)

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 28 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #91

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 28 2017, 05:56 PM) *
Oh yes she can!! tongue.gif
(And I'm no particular fan of May.)

Worst prospective cabinet member in history.
And Corbyn sh@gged it.😂

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 28 2017, 05:34 PM
Post #92

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 28 2017, 05:10 PM) *
Thats ok then. Lets give up. You are part of the problem chap. Constantly talking the Country down.

You've clearly forgotten what to do when you see an Emperor with no clothes!

But remember, I voted out, so I'm thick; so perhaps you'd be better placed to explain your take on our national economic wellbeing?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 28 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 28 2017, 06:34 PM) *
You've clearly forgotten what to do when you see an Emperor with no clothes!

But remember, I voted out, so I'm thick; so perhaps you'd be better placed to explain your take on our national economic wellbeing?

I'm not. Anyone who thinks they are are wrong. All you can do is your best. The IFS are very critical of both the Tories manifesto (uncosted) and Labours (costed but based on fantasy). As for an emperor with no clothes... U have not seem me in my mankini. Yeah baby!!!

+Quote Post
newres
post May 28 2017, 06:11 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Obviously it's not a presidential campaign but May has done herself no favours by running scared of the public and Corbyn. She's robotic in her answers and lacks any charisma at all.

Meanwhile Corbyn is challenging, dynamic and radical. I'm not keen on the corporation tax changes and I'm not keen on the excesses of the welfare state but on balance I think our country will be safer and I want a leader that will put our country and its people first.

Economy wise we're in a tricky and unusual situation because a left wing Labour government that takes a more pragmatic approach to leaving the EU will do far less harm than a hard Brexit. Corbyn is the lesser of two evils.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 28 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 28 2017, 07:11 PM) *
Obviously it's not a presidential campaign but May has done herself no favours by running scared of the public and Corbyn. She's robotic in her answers and lacks any charisma at all.

Meanwhile Corbyn is challenging, dynamic and radical. I'm not keen on the corporation tax changes and I'm not keen on the excesses of the welfare state but on balance I think our country will be safer and I want a leader that will put our country and its people first.

Economy wise we're in a tricky and unusual situation because a left wing Labour government that takes a more pragmatic approach to leaving the EU will do far less harm than a hard Brexit. Corbyn is the lesser of two evils.

Its not juat Corbyn though. Its Abbott. And her momentum ilk. Boring May or dangerous Corbyn. Dont cry over spilt milk when Corbtn has trashed the Country. YOU will have voted for him. 😂

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 28 2017, 07:12 PM
Post #96

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 28 2017, 07:40 PM) *
Its not juat Corbyn though. Its Abbott. And her momentum ilk. Boring May or dangerous Corbyn. Dont cry over spilt milk when Corbtn has trashed the Country. YOU will have voted for him. 😂

But I'm not voting for Corbyn or Abbott. I know this is a presidential election, but I'm voting for the Labour Party, who, in spite of its issues, is much bigger than those two. From their manifesto, in my view, it's probably the only hope.

As to the state of the Country; when our education system is now right down in the international tables, our kids have given up hope of buying a decent home for themselves, let alone being able to clear the huge loan for the liberal arts degree because they haven't access to 'head office' type jobs, and those coming up for retirement wondering if their pension scheme will even be around. Hearing about the collapse of our much vaunted health care system and the abysmal state of our roads. Then finding we no longer own the physical water, airport, electricity and gas infrastructures because like our national commercial icons like Cadbury and Weetabix, they are in foreign hands. And Sir Phil is still floating round the Med! I'd say Corbyn couldn't do much worse.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post May 28 2017, 07:30 PM
Post #97

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (newres @ May 28 2017, 07:11 PM) *

I'm pretty comfortable with the changes to corporation tax. It's much lower in the UK than in most of Europe and I'd be happy for corporations to pay their way - the Irish economic model with low corporation tax went disastrously wrong and I'd prefer to avoid a similar bubble.

I don't trust May over Brexit. Here priority will be to support big business and I'd prefer to negotiate an exit that works best for normal people.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
newres
post May 28 2017, 07:37 PM
Post #98

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ May 28 2017, 08:30 PM) *
I'm pretty comfortable with the changes to corporation tax. It's much lower in the UK than in most of Europe and I'd be happy for corporations to pay their way - the Irish economic model with low corporation tax went disastrously wrong and I'd prefer to avoid a similar bubble.

I don't trust May over Brexit. Here priority will be to support big business and I'd prefer to negotiate an exit that works best for normal people.

Then I guess you're not paying them. I'm uncomfortable because I am. It will rise to 23% but in addition I have to pay tax on dividends so it's paid twice. Add to that the burden of workplace pensions and there is a large load on small businesses yet Corbyn implies that we don't pay our share.

Some of his views are "them and us". Very 70s. Why not just put income tax up then everyone pays?

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 28 2017, 08:11 PM
Post #99

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 28 2017, 08:37 PM) *
Then I guess you're not paying them. I'm uncomfortable because I am. It will rise to 23% but in addition I have to pay tax on dividends so it's paid twice. Add to that the burden of workplace pensions and there is a large load on small businesses yet Corbyn implies that we don't pay our share.

Some of his views are "them and us". Very 70s. Why not just put income tax up then everyone pays?

Pressure on small businesses has never been greater. And Corbyn will make it worse for people like you. Just give up, go on the role, wear an "I love terrorists" badge and milk the state as hard as you can. Everyone else will, and when we're all scouring the rubbish tip for fuel and the monies all gone and the country is bankrupt, don't be surprised if the hated reviled right get another chance. More austerity, but at least you can start a new business. Good luck.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 28 2017, 08:30 PM
Post #100

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 28 2017, 09:11 PM) *
Pressure on small businesses has never been greater. And Corbyn will make it worse for people like you. Just give up, go on the role, wear an "I love terrorists" badge and milk the state as hard as you can. Everyone else will, and when we're all scouring the rubbish tip for fuel and the monies all gone and the country is bankrupt, don't be surprised if the hated reviled right get another chance. More austerity, but at least you can start a new business. Good luck.

Rather interesting this. It's arguably the Tory arms dealers who live terrorists, unloading weapons to some very unsavoury regimes all in the interests of world peace of course. Then, as to milking the State, yes people do that, the dreadful Mrs Miggins and her ilk getting a few grand by fraudulent claims. Pales into insignificance against what the Bankers have leeched out of the exchequer! And what did we do about them? Throw them in jug and deduct it from future benefit payments? Nah, we doshed up even more and still they get stupendous bonuses.

Yes, even now there are people scrubbing around for food, in Newbury, rich, wealthy Newbury, there is a very active Food Bank.

Small businesses? Our Tory chums have done a great deal for them haven't they? Those wonderful bankers had to be almost forced to start lending again. Then, my oh my, we uncover a scam, initially denied by the bank that was actually bankrupting these people.

If that's what strong and stable Government brings; I'll take my chance on the tip!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post

37 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:22 AM