> Cracks - Still Nothing
dannyboy
post Apr 21 2014, 08:32 AM
Post #161

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Apr 21 2014, 12:06 AM) *
Just in case they (evidently) didn't do their job right.

There's no doubt I my mind that this is a West Berkshire Council F-up; NTC are just the Paties.

good for you. Just like the CCTV & every other SNAFU.........
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Apr 21 2014, 09:07 AM
Post #162

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 21 2014, 09:32 AM) *

Well, if they are the authority then it stands to reason does it not?

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Apr 21 2014, 10:27 AM
Post #163

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 21 2014, 09:32 AM) *

Well as you well know the saying goes " a leopard never changes it's spots".
At least it gives you the excuse for a bit of spin.........they are certainly consistent! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Apr 21 2014, 10:32 AM
Post #164

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Apr 21 2014, 12:06 AM) *
Just in case they (evidently) didn't do their job right.

There's no doubt I my mind that this is a West Berkshire Council F-up; NTC are just the Patsies.

And the NTC Precept payers are the ones having to put there hands in their pockets again!
Compared to these two local authorities the Sheriff of Nottingham appeared to be a benevolent benefactor! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post May 11 2014, 07:48 PM
Post #165

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

NTC are going to decide how to progress the cracks snafu on Wednesday evening in a secret sessions of the full council. Always disappointing when the council prevent public scrutiny of matters such as this, and I doubt very much if it would have dragged on as long as it has if they'd been open and transparent as government is required to be. We do after all pick up the bill for this. It's particularly unimpressive that they have still not disclosed the hydrogeological reports.

According to the council their case is robust so we can expect the council to begin court action without further delay. I'm guessing this is what they'll do, not so much because I think their case is robust, because I don't, but because the alternative of admitting that they've wasted the best part of £100k on a dispute that they should never have pursued will be just too painful. Starting legal action is the obvious answer for a council that's dug itself into a hole, because they can easily drag their heels for a couple more years and that will put off the inevitable crisis. They'll be able to hide behind their court action for years and years without saying anything at all about what's going on, and if it does all come to an end one day there's a good chance no one will notice.

It's just about within the realms of possibility that the council will decide to drop the matter and spin it as some kind of success, but the cracks snafu has been such a rich source of busy work for the council that I just can't see them letting it go. Of course a good strategy will just be to say nothing and carry on, and if we don't have definitive news that they have issued a county court claim then we can assume this is what they've decided to do. Whichever, I hope the NWN take the opportunity to cover the story with some in-depth analysis and comment, and I particularly hope that they look into the council's failure to disclose the reports and the soundness of the council's decisions there.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post May 12 2014, 12:35 AM
Post #166

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I think you're absolutely bang on.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:05 PM