dannyboy
post Aug 24 2011, 09:23 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Darren @ Aug 24 2011, 07:29 AM) *
Because they get full. It's a post box, not a TARDIS. rolleyes.gif

And staggering collection means you keep posties busy all day.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 24 2011, 12:47 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Aug 23 2011, 11:46 PM) *
It isn't yet a pedestrian area. It is a road with restrictions in place. Currently some vehicles are not restricted....

I love these bureaucratically correct expressions so beloved of our office boys; 'a road with restrictions', 'victimless crimes', 'net promotor score' - all quite meaningless and generally used to describe cop outs!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 24 2011, 01:11 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 24 2011, 01:47 PM) *
I love these bureaucratically correct expressions so beloved of our office boys; 'a road with restrictions', 'victimless crimes', 'net promotor score' - all quite meaningless and generally used to describe cop outs!

Why a cop-out? Have you not ever use a figure of speech? We're watching you from now on! tongue.gif

By-the-way: what is a 'bureaucratically correct expression'? wink.gif

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Aug 24 2011, 01:41 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 24 2011, 01:47 PM) *

It isn't a cop out - it is a factual statement.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Aug 24 2011, 01:49 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Aug 23 2011, 11:46 PM) *
It isn't yet a pedestrian area. It is a road with restrictions in place. Currently some vehicles are not restricted....

Obviously. My use of 'pedestrian zone' is purely a convenient way of referring to it - perhaps I should use 'restricted zone', but I suspect it would be less obvious what I was referring to. My argument is that PO vehicles should be restricted - as should all other vehicles apart from the emergency services. Hopefully this will be the case when the buses are excluded in a few weeks time.

QUOTE (Darren @ Aug 24 2011, 07:29 AM) *
Because they get full. It's a post box, not a TARDIS. rolleyes.gif

IF they get full (which I doubt) and need emptying between 10:00 and 17:00 they can empty them on foot.

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Aug 24 2011, 10:23 AM) *
And staggering collection means you keep posties busy all day.

But they all have to be emptied after 17:30 because they all say this is the last collection time - it's not like it was when several collection times were given on each box.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 24 2011, 02:59 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

QUOTE (blackdog @ Aug 24 2011, 02:49 PM) *
But they all have to be emptied after 17:30 because they all say this is the last collection time

It's the last collection time to catch today's date as a posting date. If the post office happens to do it late, that is up to them. You do seem to be getting hot under the collar for the sake of barely a handful of journeys in the town centre.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 24 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 24 2011, 02:11 PM) *
Why a cop-out? Have you not ever use a figure of speech? We're watching you from now on! tongue.gif

By-the-way: what is a 'bureaucratically correct expression'? wink.gif

Of course I do - that's why I noticed this one. In the commercial world we don't believe our own publicity though! The Council sold the really unnecessary repaving of the town centre to the public on the perception that it would be pedestrian free. Since then (because they are too lily livered to challenge all the exemptions) they've been claiming the public have got it wrong - and its actually a road with restrictions. Come on lads - who ever came up with that one saw us coming. Must admit, I admire whoever it was who sold the idea to the Council - if ever they want a job; give me a call. NB - The Titanic wasn't an unsinkable ship - just a very safe one with exceptions. laugh.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 24 2011, 09:28 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 24 2011, 09:42 PM) *
Of course I do - that's why I noticed this one. In the commercial world we don't believe our own publicity though! The Council sold the really unnecessary repaving of the town centre to the public on the perception that it would be pedestrian free.

Give it a few more years and it might be! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 24 2011, 09:31 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 24 2011, 10:28 PM) *
Give it a few more years and it might be! tongue.gif

laugh.gif oh - b*****!! well spotted, wink.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Aug 25 2011, 01:58 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 24 2011, 03:59 PM) *
It's the last collection time to catch today's date as a posting date. If the post office happens to do it late, that is up to them. You do seem to be getting hot under the collar for the sake of barely a handful of journeys in the town centre.

I don't give a **** if they collect late - indeed I expect them to. It the handful of unnecessary journeys through the town centre during 'pedestrian' hours that I want to see stopped.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:36 PM