Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hosepipe ban
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 14 2012, 11:27 AM
Post #41

Guests

I agree with Blake. (7)

QUOTE (blackdog @ Mar 13 2012, 11:58 PM) *
It's really about whether you think that hosing down you car are keeping your lawn neatly green is more important than having water coming out of your taps. If it comes to it it wouldn't be the first time that a drought resulted in the water supply being restricted to standpipes in the street (no doubt xj will attach a hose to the standpipe to wash his car wink.gif ).

Great idea. laugh.gif

Thing is though, we are nowhere near the stage of having no drinking water. The reservoirs and rivers if you bother to look are not noticeably lower than they are normally, I can attest to this because I regularly go swimming in them.

I have heard stories on another forum I use, of people who work within the industry, commissioned to pump water out of reservoirs into places which they don't know...they just get pumped out and these people don't know where it's going...so it's only correct to surmise that there are some sort of "secret" storage for water... Read into that as you will conspiracy theorists...although there was a funny way in which those reservoirs went down..
rumour is they pump water into secret underground reservoirs so they can say "oh my god look at this we are empty!!"...

Makes me laugh, people are going about this like we're in Africa and we have little no water, let alone which is drinkable... "why are you crying mate, is it because you have no food, no home, no family?"
-it is none of those things... some people in england cannot use their hosepipes to water their daffodils.

I will maintain my cars shine and frankly if there is a water shortage I would rather have a clean car and drink a fizzy beverage, than drink frankly a room temperature, tasteless drink laugh.gif But that's just my personal choice. What's next, banning the bathtub?

As a bill payer I have free choice of how I use my water. Simply having a clean car or a green garden does not mean you are using a hosepipe...have these people not heard of a bucket? I know many bargain buckets..get my drift?

But yes I will probably use my hosepipe still. I couldn't care much to be honest - because as has been said, I pay my bills regardless of whether I'm allowed to use a hosepipe or not; no hosepipe should mean a reduction in my bills, but alas they go up and up..if we were actually in a drought then that might be different...
Although taking of clean cars

What about these people who make a living cleaning cars, whether you are Thomaszh from Uzbekistan at the local garage forecourt or a professional detailer.. (these detailers can charge up to £1000s to perform paintwork correct) - what about there industries?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 14 2012, 01:46 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Mar 14 2012, 11:27 AM) *
I agree with Blake. (7)

Great idea. laugh.gif

The reservoirs and rivers if you bother to look are not noticeably lower than they are normally, I can attest to this because I regularly go swimming in them.

I wish you hadn't told us that. blink.gif

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 14 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Mar 14 2012, 01:46 PM) *
I wish you hadn't told us that. blink.gif

Leptospirosis can't be too far away!

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 14 2012, 02:18 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Mar 14 2012, 02:16 PM) *
Leptospirosis can't be too far away!

I think it is in the easten part of Greece wink.gif

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
gel
post Mar 14 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

I see in local rag how Benyon endorses the hosepipe ban.

Perhaps he could endorse the following sensible measures, some of which were promised
by Camerloon at election time:

Stamp down on immigration- much talk, but no evidence of any real reductions;
    we're full up, and struggle to provide resources eg Schools/ NHS etc/ we have a bankrupt economy.

Stamp down on unnecessary New Housing and the subsequent unsustainable demand on UK scarce resources, including of course H2O.

Support the institution of marriage, leading to less break ups, and the need for more housing, taking more scarce resources.

Drop the Human Rights Act (ECHR) we're signed up to unilaterally; no way will he ever gain agreement to this from many of other signatories.
    He knew full well that it had no chance of happening, so it was another PR stunt, which is of course of his trade.
    Illegals/ convicted foreign criminals/ could then be returned to their homelands, and use resources for UK residents/ save bucket loads of £., make us feel safer in our homes.

+Quote Post
user23
post Mar 14 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Blimey, straight from a hosepipe ban to a far right rant.

The Immigrants are taking all our water sentiment could be straight out of the Daily Mail.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Mar 14 2012, 10:31 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (user23 @ Mar 14 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Blimey, straight from a hosepipe ban to a far right rant.

But correct in saying that there are too many people for the infrastructure to support?

+Quote Post
Squelchy
post Mar 14 2012, 10:33 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 47

QUOTE (gel @ Mar 14 2012, 09:34 PM) *
Stamp down on immigration........we're full up,

Sit and think.

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Mar 14 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

QUOTE (gel @ Mar 14 2012, 09:34 PM) *
I see in local rag how Benyon endorses the hosepipe ban.

Perhaps he could endorse the following sensible measures, some of which were promised
by Camerloon at election time:

Stamp down on immigration- much talk, but no evidence of any real reductions;
    we're full up, and struggle to provide resources eg Schools/ NHS etc/ we have a bankrupt economy.

Stamp down on unnecessary New Housing and the subsequent unsustainable demand on UK scarce resources, including of course H2O.

Support the institution of marriage, leading to less break ups, and the need for more housing, taking more scarce resources.

Drop the Human Rights Act (ECHR) we're signed up to unilaterally; no way will he ever gain agreement to this from many of other signatories.
    He knew full well that it had no chance of happening, so it was another PR stunt, which is of course of his trade.
    Illegals/ convicted foreign criminals/ could then be returned to their homelands, and use resources for UK residents/ save bucket loads of £., make us feel safer in our homes.

Support

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 14 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #50

Guests

Lol at all the daily mail readers.
Good find me old Squelcher.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Mar 14 2012, 10:43 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Squelchy @ Mar 15 2012, 12:33 AM) *

But possibly, just possibly, the New Statesman could be wrong too?

Anyone who thinks population growth is a good thing should perhaps sit and think.

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 14 2012, 10:48 PM
Post #52

Guests

It's not a good thing - So I agree. Let's ban having more than 1.6 children, remove all sort of safety equipment on the roads and allow natural selection to take its course.

In no time we will all be perfect people mitt a few children still in ze household.

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Mar 14 2012, 11:37 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Mar 14 2012, 10:48 PM) *
It's not a good thing - So I agree. Let's ban having more than 1.6 children, remove all sort of safety equipment on the roads and allow natural selection to take its course.

In no time we will all be perfect people mitt a few children still in ze household.

Abolish child benefit, that will reduce the incentive for them to breed.

+Quote Post
Amelie
post Mar 14 2012, 11:57 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,901

What was it Thomas Babington Macaulay, said? "Bigotry will always find a reason".

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 15 2012, 12:01 AM
Post #55

Guests

QUOTE (Penelope @ Mar 14 2012, 11:37 PM) *
Abolish child benefit, that will reduce the incentive for them to breed.

Hear here.
(I can never remember which one it is)

Like that thread about the family who were on like £358 a week or something. All of them benefit scroungers...
I reckon apply a cap to the amount of time you can claim an UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFIT...be reasonable...eg 2 years.

If you can't find a job after 2 years, your eldest child is taken infront of your house and shot while you watch. If another another 6 months you do not find work, the next children shall be victim to being hit with a wrecking ball (personally I would find this very intriguing to watch).
Until eventually either the person goes back to work or they kill themselves.
Either way you reduce the weight on the benefit system and also on the NHS.

Watch at least one person take me deadly seriously on the points above.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Mar 15 2012, 08:36 AM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Mar 15 2012, 12:48 AM) *

If we don't do it ourselves voluntarily then nature will do it for us.
It already does in some countries.

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Mar 15 2012, 09:34 AM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Mar 15 2012, 12:01 AM) *
Hear here.
(I can never remember which one it is)

Like that thread about the family who were on like £358 a week or something. All of them benefit scroungers...
I reckon apply a cap to the amount of time you can claim an UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFIT...be reasonable...eg 2 years.

If you can't find a job after 2 years, your eldest child is taken infront of your house and shot while you watch. If another another 6 months you do not find work, the next children shall be victim to being hit with a wrecking ball (personally I would find this very intriguing to watch).
Until eventually either the person goes back to work or they kill themselves.
Either way you reduce the weight on the benefit system and also on the NHS.

Watch at least one person take me deadly seriously on the points above.

Much better idea than mine !!

+Quote Post
Roost
post Mar 15 2012, 03:26 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (Amelie @ Mar 14 2012, 11:57 PM) *
What was it Thomas Babington Macaulay, said? "Bigotry will always find a reason".

what Was it Frank Sinatra said? "Doo be Doo be Doo....".

--------------------
Roost

Welcome to the jungle....

+Quote Post
Vodabury
post Mar 15 2012, 05:10 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,124

Another factor causing a water supply problem is the selling-off of small reservoirs for development.

When I was a kid, we had a local reservoir - looking on Google Earth today, it is now a Tesco Extra!

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 15 2012, 05:13 PM
Post #60

Guests

They say every little helps. wink.gif

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:54 PM