> Tommy Robinson, Police State
Strafin
post Jul 17 2018, 07:51 AM
Post #161

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 16 2018, 08:58 PM) *
Dont dare criticise JC Drunker. He had sciatica dont you know. Makes you sway from side to side and kiss people lots. Oh and it only occurs as the day wears on and gets better overnight.😂

Oh and where are the mass protests against the Saudis and other "not so nice" states?? Trump achieved more in one mission on NATO with the EU than Obama did in 8 years. Suddenly the EU states have to pay the 2% of GDP that they signed up to. Funny that. He has met Kim Jong un, the Chinese leader and now Putin. You may dislike his politic but he is a novelty. A politician that follows though on election promises in the main. And he will get 4 more years.

Let's have a couple of examples then....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 17 2018, 07:53 AM
Post #162

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 16 2018, 09:33 PM) *
Your mincers have seen the light. Just better hope the trouble likes your views now. Your still an Aris mind.

I don't get it either? Mincers? Hope the trouble likes your view?

Perhaps we're being thick but can you just say what you mean?

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 17 2018, 02:22 PM
Post #163

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jul 17 2018, 08:53 AM) *
I don't get it either? Mincers? Hope the trouble likes your view?

Perhaps we're being thick but can you just say what you mean?

I'm guessing he was pissed.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 17 2018, 04:40 PM
Post #164

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Jul 17 2018, 03:22 PM) *
I'm guessing he was pissed.

Not at all. Just shows how thick you are. Thought it would be funny to take the mick out of Potters. Same back for cockney idiots. But then intelligence was never a 💪 of yours. 😂

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 17 2018, 06:52 PM
Post #165

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 17 2018, 05:40 PM) *
Not at all. Just shows how thick you are. Thought it would be funny to take the mick out of Potters. Same back for cockney idiots. But then intelligence was never a 💪 of yours. 😂

Who's a cockney?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 17 2018, 07:35 PM
Post #166

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jul 17 2018, 07:52 PM) *
Who's a cockney?

You lived in London cockney boy. Fled to Newbury cos you didn't like all the immigration.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 18 2018, 09:21 AM
Post #167

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 17 2018, 05:40 PM) *

Yes when nobody understands your inane ramblings it's obviously everyone else who is thick.

What did you mean by mincers?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 18 2018, 03:52 PM
Post #168

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jul 18 2018, 10:21 AM) *
Yes when nobody understands your inane ramblings it's obviously everyone else who is thick.

What did you mean by mincers?

Mince pies = eyes. Mincers is a term used by cockney folk for eyes. Its is not derogatory in any way.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 18 2018, 04:47 PM
Post #169

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 18 2018, 04:52 PM) *
Mince pies = eyes. Mincers is a term used by cockney folk for eyes. Its is not derogatory in any way.

Of course the whole thing fails if you have to explain it. I'm from Bristol incidentally.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 18 2018, 06:40 PM
Post #170

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jul 18 2018, 05:47 PM) *
Of course the whole thing fails if you have to explain it. I'm from Bristol incidentally.

London, Bristol... Anywhere else??? So many places you have lived Walter...

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jul 18 2018, 11:43 PM
Post #171

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

It is also a pejorative term for a group of gay or very camp people.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 19 2018, 05:31 AM
Post #172

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 18 2018, 07:40 PM) *
London, Bristol... Anywhere else??? So many places you have lived Walter...

Well, actually I was born in Liverpool. Brought up in Bristol, then university in London and stayed until our first child was 2. Since you ask. I've no need to invent coming from a ****** northern town unlike you. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 19 2018, 11:23 AM
Post #173

Advanced Member

Ah, I see. If you say it with the accent it makes perfect sense.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 19 2018, 01:31 PM
Post #174

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Back to square 1.

This might seem contrived, but I can't help noticing the similarities between what Tommy Robindon did and what the BBC have been up to in the latest debacle.

In effect, their news team irregularly secured what should have been confidential information and then used it to broadcast information about Cliff Richard which in the circumstances of the time would lead many people to make wrong assumptions. It wasn't ever a matter of 'press freedom', just a massive ego trip by employees.

Weather the Police like it or not, people are still innocent until proven guilty and it is illegal to do anything which hinders the chances of a fair trial. Arguably, the Robinson case is the same, save for proceedings already underway, the illegality is codeified.

I'd say the Heads of news at the BBC should now be looking for alternative employment. Even if they aren't dealt with, they have done massive damage to the BBC's credibility as a responsible news source and to the wider, already very sensitive issue of press freedom.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jul 19 2018, 03:49 PM
Post #175

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (newres @ Jul 19 2018, 06:31 AM) *
Well, actually I was born in Liverpool. Brought up in Bristol, then university in London and stayed until our first child was 2. Since you ask. I've no need to invent coming from a ****** northern town unlike you. laugh.gif

Not following the thread too closely but I thought TDH heralled from Stoke on Trent? Not exactly the " ******* north" is it? Or is it a case of anything topside of Watford is considered northern?

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 19 2018, 03:55 PM
Post #176

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 19 2018, 04:49 PM) *
Not following the thread too closely but I thought TDH heralled from Stoke on Trent? Not exactly the " ******* north" is it? Or is it a case of anything topside of Watford is considered northern?

Stoke's the north west. It's practically Cheshire.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 19 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #177

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jul 19 2018, 02:31 PM) *
Back to square 1.

This might seem contrived, but I can't help noticing the similarities between what Tommy Robindon did and what the BBC have been up to in the latest debacle.

In effect, their news team irregularly secured what should have been confidential information and then used it to broadcast information about Cliff Richard which in the circumstances of the time would lead many people to make wrong assumptions. It wasn't ever a matter of 'press freedom', just a massive ego trip by employees.

Weather the Police like it or not, people are still innocent until proven guilty and it is illegal to do anything which hinders the chances of a fair trial. Arguably, the Robinson case is the same, save for proceedings already underway, the illegality is codeified.

I'd say the Heads of news at the BBC should now be looking for alternative employment. Even if they aren't dealt with, they have done massive damage to the BBC's credibility as a responsible news source and to the wider, already very sensitive issue of press freedom.

There wasn't any reporting restrictions in place in the Cliff Richard case, so it's not similar at all.

I suspect the BBC are going to appeal this and if they do I think they will win.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 19 2018, 06:27 PM
Post #178

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jul 19 2018, 07:12 PM) *
There wasn't any reporting restrictions in place in the Cliff Richard case, so it's not similar at all.

I suspect the BBC are going to appeal this and if they do I think they will win.

Arguably there is, the existing law about doing anything that is likely to prevent a fair trial. What would you be saying if the Police obtained a warrant and entered your home simply because they suspected you had committed a serious offence and let even the local press know? I think there was a very similar case a few years back, when the Daily Mail were ripped apart for publishing a picture which showed the victim 'looked odd'.

I, for one, would take grave exception to the BBC appealing this, they have wasted far too much licence payers money already and they are NOT the guardians of public or even press morality. They are one of the few remaining nationalised industries and now epitomise all that was wrong with them.

So, much as I detest Tommy Robinson and all he stands for, I can quite understand why he did what he did. I suspect he regrets not having an NUJ card now!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 19 2018, 07:58 PM
Post #179

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jul 19 2018, 07:27 PM) *
Arguably there is, the existing law about doing anything that is likely to prevent a fair trial. What would you be saying if the Police obtained a warrant and entered your home simply because they suspected you had committed a serious offence and let even the local press know? I think there was a very similar case a few years back, when the Daily Mail were ripped apart for publishing a picture which showed the victim 'looked odd'.

I, for one, would take grave exception to the BBC appealing this, they have wasted far too much licence payers money already and they are NOT the guardians of public or even press morality. They are one of the few remaining nationalised industries and now epitomise all that was wrong with them.

So, much as I detest Tommy Robinson and all he stands for, I can quite understand why he did what he did. I suspect he regrets not having an NUJ card now!

Institutions like the NHS and BBC are luvvies favourites. They should be held to account though in the same way as any other business. If you dont you end up with farces like the Cliff Richard saga and more pertanently people ignoring whistle blowers on Dr's who may be knocking off patients...

Love the NHS.. Tick
Love the BBC... Tick
Hate the Brexiteers.... Tick
Love immigrants even the bad ones.... Tick
Hate Trump... Tick
Hate Thatcher even though she is dead... Tick
Hate the flag of St George.... Tick
Paint everything Rainbow... Tick
Hate middle / old age white males... Tick

I could go on.... But it gets boring after a while...

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 20 2018, 06:37 AM
Post #180

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 19 2018, 08:58 PM) *
Institutions like the NHS and BBC are luvvies favourites. They should be held to account though in the same way as any other business. If you dont you end up with farces like the Cliff Richard saga and more pertanently people ignoring whistle blowers on Dr's who may be knocking off patients...

Love the NHS.. Tick
Love the BBC... Tick
Hate the Brexiteers.... Tick
Love immigrants even the bad ones.... Tick
Hate Trump... Tick
Hate Thatcher even though she is dead... Tick
Hate the flag of St George.... Tick
Paint everything Rainbow... Tick
Hate middle / old age white males... Tick

I could go on.... But it gets boring after a while...

You ought to not think in such black and white terms. I think the behaviour of the BBC was pretty poor and someone should lose their job. It wasn’t even an arrest.

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:31 AM