Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CoronaVirus, Nature will find a way
James_Trinder
post May 22 2020, 07:33 AM
Post #481

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 48

Agreed. In my opinion the last good Mayor of London was Ken Livingstone. The introduction of the congestion charge was a game changer. Also, Piers Morgan is a detestable excuse of a human being.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 22 2020, 08:45 AM
Post #482

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ May 22 2020, 08:33 AM) *
Agreed. In my opinion the last good Mayor of London was Ken Livingstone. The introduction of the congestion charge was a game changer. Also, Piers Morgan is a detestable excuse of a human being.

You are correct of course. Morgan, like all politicians is a populist. No politician likes to make tough decisions that will be moaned at by the people, but will benefit the Country in the long term. An early lock down being a typical example. The last PM that made such decisions in my view was Thatcher (love her or hate her). Ever since then we have had a plethora of PMS that just want a high approval rating and nothing else...

+Quote Post
newres
post May 22 2020, 09:43 AM
Post #483

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ May 22 2020, 08:33 AM) *

He is, but he's right about Coronavirus.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 22 2020, 10:24 AM
Post #484

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

Having seen the state of the parks and beaches over the last few days, I'm expecting a full lockdown in a few weeks/months. It seems that as a species we've lost all sense of self preservation and would rather enjoy a cider in the sun than not die of a horrible virus. It honestly beggars belief how completely and utterly ******* retarded people are.

If I'm being brutally honest, I think we're due a good cull. Let all these ******* idiots get it and wipe them all out. For far too long we've been protecting these people from themselves, I think it's time we just let them crack on with it and bury them when they're done and good riddance.

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post May 22 2020, 11:56 AM
Post #485

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (newres @ May 18 2020, 12:24 PM) *
Does anyone actually believe there will be a vaccine by September? Everyone with any credibility has said minimum 12-18 months and suddenly Boris Johnson says 6 months? It’s more lies. I’d bet my house on it.

I’d absolutely be ecstatic to be proved wrong.

So Why are you having a go at Boris, he is being given info by the scientists, this from the BBC story:

"The scientists behind the vaccine have previously said they are aiming to have at least a million doses of a coronavirus vaccine by September this year.

But the UK government has repeatedly said there are no guarantees - and a vaccine could still be some way off."

It seems you and other Labour supporters continually want to make everything Boris' fault in their normal childish manner.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post May 22 2020, 12:22 PM
Post #486

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 22 2020, 11:24 AM) *
Having seen the state of the parks and beaches over the last few days, I'm expecting a full lockdown in a few weeks/months. It seems that as a species we've lost all sense of self preservation and would rather enjoy a cider in the sun than not die of a horrible virus. It honestly beggars belief how completely and utterly ******* retarded people are.

If I'm being brutally honest, I think we're due a good cull. Let all these ******* idiots get it and wipe them all out. For far too long we've been protecting these people from themselves, I think it's time we just let them crack on with it and bury them when they're done and good riddance.

Couldn't agree more old chap but I'm afraid a lot of "innocent" pensioners will perish before the feckless few succumb. angry.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
newres
post May 22 2020, 01:18 PM
Post #487

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 22 2020, 11:24 AM) *

But we've been told it's ok to go to these places! A sizable slice of our population is as thick as two short planks. It's madness. The PM could have eased it and said travel up to say 20 miles. We'd have all had access to countryside or beach and those places wouldn't have been swarming. You can't blame stupid people for doing stupid things. All you can do is guide them in the right direction.

+Quote Post
newres
post May 22 2020, 01:28 PM
Post #488

Advanced Member

Anyone who claps the NHS ought to be aware that the majority of victims don't get near a hospital.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  excess_deaths.png ( 53.08K ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  excess_deaths.png ( 53.08K ) Number of downloads: 3

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post May 22 2020, 03:36 PM
Post #489

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ May 22 2020, 12:22 PM) *
Couldn't agree more old chap but I'm afraid a lot of "innocent" pensioners will perish before the feckless few succumb. angry.gif

I'm afraid that purely from a fiscal point of view that outcome generally may be ideal from both a local and central government strategy.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 22 2020, 04:48 PM
Post #490

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 22 2020, 04:36 PM) *
I'm afraid that purely from a fiscal point of view that outcome generally may be ideal from both a local and central government strategy.

Sounds about right.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post May 22 2020, 05:53 PM
Post #491

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 22 2020, 04:36 PM) *

Had it not been for the prospect of hospitals being overrun with admissions I doubt the lock down would have been anything like what materialised. We now know that those who are at most risk are in an identifiable group so managing the work force would be a straight forward matter with those falling into said group could take the necessary action, or perish if they didn't heed the warnings. No one is questioning the economic impact of the last few months so the sooner we get back to work the better, but that will only work if those of us who are retired/unemployed/unemployable take a responsible attitude and behave accordingly.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post May 22 2020, 05:56 PM
Post #492

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (newres @ May 22 2020, 02:28 PM) *
Anyone who claps the NHS ought to be aware that the majority of victims don't get near a hospital.

Does that make any difference to our reasons for clapping the NHS?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 22 2020, 06:25 PM
Post #493

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (MontyPython @ May 22 2020, 06:56 PM) *

I'd say that was up to the individual. Newres doesn't want to clap because he is pro EU and hates the fact that the current government were elected. All remainers and lefties are the same.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 22 2020, 06:43 PM
Post #494

Advanced Member

QUOTE (MontyPython @ May 22 2020, 06:56 PM) *

Not to our resident troll it doesn't. Still, whenever he comes back from window licking he may care to explain?

+Quote Post
newres
post May 22 2020, 07:24 PM
Post #495

Advanced Member

What’s apparent is that other than PPE shortages the NHS was far from overwhelmed. Pretty much everything else was shut down so there was huge capacity and the bar was set so high to get in that many died at home. Additionally infected elderly patients were sent back into care homes untested.

I’ve no idea at what level these decisions were taken, but I’d say that the service was therefore sub prime.

There will be a cost for years to come in cancer deaths, heart disease and other illnesses.

+Quote Post
newres
post May 22 2020, 07:24 PM
Post #496

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 22 2020, 07:43 PM) *
Not to our resident troll it doesn't. Still, whenever he comes back from window licking he may care to explain?

Still a tw@t I see.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post May 22 2020, 08:02 PM
Post #497

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (newres @ May 22 2020, 07:24 PM) *
Still a tw@t I see.

Hmm? Pots and kettles spring to mind.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post May 22 2020, 08:03 PM
Post #498

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 22 2020, 07:25 PM) *
All remainers and lefties are the same.

Nope. I clap for all key workers each week and I was and am very much still a remainer.

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post May 22 2020, 08:04 PM
Post #499

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 22 2020, 07:25 PM) *
All remainers and lefties are the same.

I am also a Liberal Democrat voter but I would describe myself as a centrist more than a leftie.

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post May 22 2020, 08:15 PM
Post #500

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 22 2020, 02:28 PM) *

Yes, that is why I am also clapping care workers as well.

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:58 PM