Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BA Cabin Crew strike., Holding the public to ransom
Iommi
post Dec 16 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

I can't remember in what context I saw it, it might be for download speed. I remember when I read it, "Bollix is it!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 17 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

Rights? In the Private sector we don't have any. But then the aim of companies in the Private Sector is to make money. If we don't we go bust.

This is why dinosaur companies like BA are doomed to failure unless they can be brought into the 21st Century and Unions disbanded.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 17 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 17 2009, 09:37 AM) *
This is why dinosaur companies like BA are doomed to failure unless they can be brought into the 21st Century and Unions disbanded.

You sound like Margaret Thatcher on steroids tongue.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 17 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Dec 17 2009, 10:49 AM) *
You sound like Margaret Thatcher on steroids tongue.gif

The truth sometimes hurts. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Dec 17 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 37

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 17 2009, 09:37 AM) *
Rights? In the Private sector we don't have any. But then the aim of companies in the Private Sector is to make money. If we don't we go bust.

So if your employer were to sack you for wasting too much work time on here, you wouldn't feel there was anything you could do about it then? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 17 2009, 11:24 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Hugh Saskin @ Dec 17 2009, 11:15 AM) *
So if your employer were to sack you for wasting too much work time on here, you wouldn't feel there was anything you could do about it then? tongue.gif

Depends on whether it is affecting your ability to perform your duties I suppose. I am so goddam good at my job that I can confidently say it does not. What about you Hugh? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Dec 17 2009, 12:15 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 17 2009, 11:24 AM) *
Depends on whether it is affecting your ability to perform your duties I suppose. I am so goddam good at my job that I can confidently say it does not. What about you Hugh? tongue.gif

You are obviously somewhat under-employed, so perhaps there is scope for making your job part time or combining it with another post in order to maximise the profitability of the firm for which you work?

As for me, I have a home computer - why not get one then nobody could accuse you of wasting your employers time on here? A full time union organiser (in the private sector, too) once told me that he spent a significant part of his time defending people on disciplinary charges relating to emails.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 17 2009, 01:14 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Hugh Saskin @ Dec 17 2009, 12:15 PM) *
You are obviously somewhat under-employed, so perhaps there is scope for making your job part time or combining it with another post in order to maximise the profitability of the firm for which you work?

As for me, I have a home computer - why not get one then nobody could accuse you of wasting your employers time on here? A full time union organiser (in the private sector, too) once told me that he spent a significant part of his time defending people on disciplinary charges relating to emails.

I certainly don't have to defend myself against people who have NO CLUE what I do or how many hours of work I do. Ever heard of multi-tasking Hugh? It's something I doubt you could cope with. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Dec 17 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 17 2009, 01:14 PM) *
I certainly don't have to defend myself against people who have NO CLUE what I do or how many hours of work I do. Ever heard of multi-tasking Hugh? It's something I doubt you could cope with. wink.gif

No buzzword bingo, please

As you have said: the truth sometimes hurts.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 17 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Hugh Saskin @ Dec 17 2009, 01:28 PM) *
No buzzword bingo, please

As you have said: the truth sometimes hurts.

Have you got topics that you can think of to post? As far as I can see you have never posted a topic of your own. Its a shame for someone to not use their talents for the benefits of others in the forum. I'm sure we could all do with the insightful thoughts of the legend that is Hugh Saskin. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Dec 17 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 17 2009, 01:37 PM) *
Have you got topics that you can think of to post? As far as I can see you have never posted a topic of your own. Its a shame for someone to not use their talents for the benefits of others in the forum. I'm sure we could all do with the insightful thoughts of the legend that is Hugh Saskin. laugh.gif

Get back to work!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Dec 18 2009, 07:59 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 121

Glad to see the Unite got beaten in the courts. Then they have the cheak to call it a disgraceful day for democracy. if they had balloted its member correctly in the first place it wouldn't have been a problem. All normal job sectors are affected by pay freezes and job losses.

+Quote Post
user23
post Dec 18 2009, 08:25 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 17 2009, 01:14 PM) *
We have some clue what you do. Spend half the day on here. wink.gif

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Dec 20 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 17 2009, 11:24 AM) *

Actually it has nothing to do with affecting your ability to perform your duties it is about using the time that your employer is paying for, the internet access your employer is paying for, etc to do something that is not in pursuit of your employer's interests. If you are posting on a forum like this when your employer could reasonable expect you to be doing the work they are paying you to do then you risk disciplinary action from your employer. There have been many instances of employers taking such action.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:48 PM