Turin Machine
post Jun 17 2017, 06:48 PM
Post #161

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 17 2017, 07:40 PM) *
Exactly right.

Err, they already do. It's the law. As is deposits held in an escrow account, the right of appeal for unreasonable deductions, checking of right to be in the country, rent appeal etc etc.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 17 2017, 07:07 PM
Post #162

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 17 2017, 07:48 PM) *
Err, they already do. It's the law. As is deposits held in an escrow account, the right of appeal for unreasonable deductions, checking of right to be in the country, rent appeal etc etc.

It's ok TM, thanks to gobby the so called activist, I'm thinking of launching a new service, based around the concept of 'avin a little chat' if you get any probs give me a bell. My new motto "have crew bus will negotiate". Special rates for locals and job lots. Thinking of calling it "Scum away".

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 17 2017, 07:11 PM
Post #163

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 17 2017, 07:48 PM) *

I have letted in my yoof. I had a 600 deposit in the early 80s and I lost it all. Despite my flat being in a better condition when I left than when I arrived. There are good landlords yes and like in all walks of society you can get unlucky and get a bad one. No easy answers.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 17 2017, 07:34 PM
Post #164

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 17 2017, 08:11 PM) *
I have letted in my yoof. I had a 600 deposit in the early 80s and I lost it all. Despite my flat being in a better condition when I left than when I arrived. There are good landlords yes and like in all walks of society you can get unlucky and get a bad one. No easy answers.

Its all different now, the only bad landlords are rogues. I always tell all prospective tenants, go through the agent, no shortcuts, still don't always believe me though. Let someone else have the additional agro. Just forked out nearly seven k in refurbishment to one property and only allowed to take £250 off the deposit. I try to be careful, I always start of with refurbed nice property and pray it gets looked after. But some people treat it like a playpen.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 17 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #165

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 17 2017, 08:34 PM) *
Its all different now, the only bad landlords are rogues. I always tell all prospective tenants, go through the agent, no shortcuts, still don't always believe me though. Let someone else have the additional agro. Just forked out nearly seven k in refurbishment to one property and only allowed to take £250 off the deposit. I try to be careful, I always start of with refurbed nice property and pray it gets looked after. But some people treat it like a playpen.

Oh, you are all heart Turin Machine! I suppose it's only your admirable philanthropy which prevents you selling up and getting a bigger and trouble free return elsewhere.

Don't want to worry you but this Tory market based economy approach says you ought to be doing just that.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 17 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #166

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 17 2017, 08:11 PM) *

Nothing has changed. These wonderful Agents 'holding the deposit in escrow' determine the condition of the property when the tenant leaves. Guess who the Agent acts for; oh yes, the Landlord...... laugh.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 17 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #167

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 17 2017, 08:07 PM) *
It's ok TM, thanks to gobby the so called activist, I'm thinking of launching a new service, based around the concept of 'avin a little chat' if you get any probs give me a bell. My new motto "have crew bus will negotiate". Special rates for locals and job lots. Thinking of calling it "Scum away".

Stage one clearly works Je suis! Worth remembering there is more than one way to skin a cat.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 17 2017, 08:43 PM
Post #168

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 17 2017, 09:33 PM) *
Nothing has changed. These wonderful Agents 'holding the deposit in escrow' determine the condition of the property when the tenant leaves. Guess who the Agent acts for; oh yes, the Landlord...... laugh.gif

Err no, I wish you would at least try to learn the facts. The agent works for both parties. What is it you can't understand about this?

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 17 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #169

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 17 2017, 09:43 PM) *
Err no, I wish you would at least try to learn the facts. The agent works for both parties. What is it you can't understand about this?

Turin... Landlords are the new evil. Best sell it all up. Bitcoin and overseas property is the way. Ever done any Bitcoin mining? Get yourself a proper setup and see the real $ come rolling in. So a friend told me.....😂

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 17 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #170

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 17 2017, 09:35 PM) *
Stage one clearly works Je suis! Worth remembering there is more than one way to skin a cat.

You're clueless aren't you. Still looking for answers in Jeremie's little red book.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 17 2017, 08:52 PM
Post #171

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 17 2017, 09:29 PM) *
Oh, you are all heart Turin Machine! I suppose it's only your admirable philanthropy which prevents you selling up and getting a bigger and trouble free return elsewhere.

Don't want to worry you but this Tory market based economy approach says you ought to be doing just that.

Typical Marxist puppet, sneer at everything, do nothing. Know nothing, worth nothing.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 17 2017, 09:03 PM
Post #172

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 17 2017, 09:52 PM) *
Typical Marxist puppet, sneer at everything, do nothing. Know nothing, worth nothing.

But it's got you rattled boy!

According to your lights, you must realise that your customers know you are trying to do them down? That's capitalisim!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 17 2017, 09:06 PM
Post #173

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 17 2017, 09:43 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

What don't you understand about basic economics? Summed up in a simple very, very old adage 'man cannot serve two masters'.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 17 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #174

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 17 2017, 09:50 PM) *
You're clueless aren't you. Still looking for answers in Jeremie's little red book.

So I might be, but I sleep nights.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 17 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #175

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 17 2017, 10:03 PM) *
But it's got you rattled boy!

According to your lights, you must realise that your customers know you are trying to do them down? That's capitalisim!

I love it when you fools rattle on about capitalism and the other great Satan globalisation. By tweeting on their iPhone before getting in their Ford and going for a latte at cafe Nero and a McDonald's. Sweet.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 17 2017, 09:12 PM
Post #176

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 17 2017, 10:07 PM) *
So I might be, but I sleep nights.

So do I, usually in my power ranger jammies, in between my Spiderman sheets.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 17 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #177

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 17 2017, 10:06 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

What don't you understand about basic economics? Summed up in a simple very, very old adage 'man cannot serve two masters'.

In this case they can. It's the law.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 17 2017, 09:14 PM
Post #178

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 17 2017, 10:08 PM) *
I love it when you fools rattle on about capitalism and the other great Satan globalisation. By tweeting on their iPhone before getting in their Ford and going for a latte at cafe Nero and a McDonald's. Sweet.

Yeah, but I wouldn't be seen dead in a Ford, don't drink coffee and McDonalds smell puts me off. Globalisation doesn't worry me, indeed it solves the only worry I've ever had when voting leave. That is the UK no longer has the effective entrepreneurial and managerial skills for us to survive on our own - as you so amply demonstrate.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 17 2017, 09:17 PM
Post #179

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 17 2017, 10:13 PM) *
In this case they can. It's the law.

I'm sure it is and the law leaves the interpretation of the condition of a let on termination to them.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 17 2017, 09:32 PM
Post #180

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 17 2017, 10:17 PM) *
I'm sure it is and the law leaves the interpretation of the condition of a let on termination to them.

No, it doesn't. It allows for 'fair wear and tear' and there is an independent arbitration service available if the outgoing tenants disagree. You seem unable to grasp that tenants rights have come on recently, I can't even turn of the Lecky and gas if I don't​ like what they put in the window box.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:49 PM