IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Driving Pet Hates, What's the most annoying habit?
Berkshirelad
post Sep 5 2016, 02:23 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 271

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 23 2016, 05:24 PM) *
There used to be this mad old bat who was driven about by someone in one of those massive black cars, no number plates, nothing. Is she still about?

It's a maroon Bentley these days though...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 7 2016, 02:15 PM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Strafin @ Oct 7 2012, 10:22 AM) *
On the other thread about lanes and markings there were a few things mentioned that people do when driving which are extremely annoying for everybody else. I thought it would interesting to see how good we all think we are at driving at what annoys us about other road users. I personally get annoyed when at a junction wide enough for two is blocked by someone who feels they have to park their car sideways across it to make the turn easier for them; swinging out left before preparing to turn right.

Motorways: Driving 50 miles an hour. Hogging the middle lane when you are doing 70 and you have to overtake on the inside lane. And when you are doing 70 cars flashing you because you are not going fast enough.

Driving the correct speed limit and cars flashing you because you are following the law. My son was driving in a 20 MPH limit and a car was flashing and sounding his horn; he didn't move, and luckily for him he didn't because a police car was behind that car and pulled him over.

And people on their phones. What I can't understand is that I am on my phone when driving, the only difference is that my phone is programmed into my car so both my hands are on the steering wheel. My son doesn't have that system in his car so he bought something so that he also could be hands free. Why can't others do the same?

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Sep 7 2016, 02:40 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 7 2016, 03:15 PM) *
Motorways: Driving 50 miles an hour. Hogging the middle lane when you are doing 70 and you have to overtake on the inside lane. And when you are doing 70 cars flashing you because you are not going fast enough.

Driving the correct speed limit and cars flashing you because you are following the law. My son was driving in a 20 MPH limit and a car was flashing and sounding his horn; he didn't move, and luckily for him he didn't because a police car was behind that car and pulled him over.

Always allowing for the speedo over-reading of course???

Your indicated 70 mph may actually be somewhere between 60 and 65.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 7 2016, 04:24 PM
Post #104

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Sep 7 2016, 03:40 PM) *
Always allowing for the speedo over-reading of course??? Your indicated 70 mph may actually be somewhere between 60 and 65.

I totally agree with you. The Satnav is more accurate. I stick to 70 by what the Satnav says. And I was told to do so my a Traffic police officer.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Sep 7 2016, 04:52 PM
Post #105

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 7 2016, 05:24 PM) *
I totally agree with you. The Satnav is more accurate. I stick to 70 by what the Satnav says. And I was told to do so my a Traffic police officer.

With the technology we have now, its a small wonder that all moving traffic offences aren't automatically prosecuted. Would save a small fortune in Traffic Cops and make loads of cash for the exchequer.....

Bring on driverless cars, can't come soon enough for me!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 7 2016, 04:54 PM
Post #106

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Sep 7 2016, 05:52 PM) *
With the technology we have now, its a small wonder that all moving traffic offences aren't automatically prosecuted. Would save a small fortune in Traffic Cops and make loads of cash for the exchequer..... Bring on driverless cars, can't come soon enough for me!

I disagree; I love driving.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Sep 7 2016, 05:06 PM
Post #107

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

Bear in mind using a mobile phone hands free doesn't make you immune from prosecution if it is proven your driving was adversely affected while using it - the penalties are the same. If one can it is best to simply switch the phone off or put into DND mode.

Driving to sat nav speed puts one closer to the limit when driving which means less margin of error. The best thing about sat navs is speed limit awareness, but it is surprising how wrong it is in places.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Sep 7 2016, 09:16 PM
Post #108

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 7 2016, 05:54 PM) *
I disagree; I love driving.

I'm sure someone will come up with a virtual reality motoring programme you'll be able to switch into whilst being 'driven' to your destination! A bit of imagination from the coders and you could have virtual collisions too tongue.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:06 PM