Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 17 2018, 07:07 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,961

The thing about exchange rates is that they are very subjectively arrived at. I used to import a lot from the US about 10 years ago and the exchange rate was about 1.7. Although they plummeted after Brexit, it was damaging in terms of inflation, it was really just a registration of shock and confidence at that point. As things have progressed I think the market is now expecting little change in our economic relationship with the EU as we have made concessions.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Apr 17 2018, 04:33 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

FIAT currency like £'s and $'s is going to be used in a minority of trade over the next decade. Crypto and the Bitcoin phenomenon is here to stay.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 17 2018, 08:28 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 17 2018, 08:07 AM) *
The thing about exchange rates is that they are very subjectively arrived at. I used to import a lot from the US about 10 years ago and the exchange rate was about 1.7. Although they plummeted after Brexit, it was damaging in terms of inflation, it was really just a registration of shock and confidence at that point. As things have progressed I think the market is now expecting little change in our economic relationship with the EU as we have made concessions.

If I remember correctly you were all doom and gloom when the pound fell after the brexit vote. Wasn't as bad as all that was it?

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 17 2018, 08:35 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 17 2018, 09:28 PM) *
If I remember correctly you were all doom and gloom when the pound fell after the brexit vote. Wasn't as bad as all that was it?

I think as time has gone on, it’s becoming apparent that not much will change really. We’ll most likely remain in the single market which economically is the most important thing. If Britain crashes out, watch what happens then. Sadly it’s what some people actually want.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:55 AM