> Sky
AmieB
post Jan 15 2014, 10:31 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44

Hi Everyone,
Hope your all well, I have not been on here for a while, nice to see the same old people still at each others throats.... wink.gif

Question for you, hoping you can help. I pay £56 a month for my Sky on Demand which includes Kids/Movies etc but not Sport, half price line rental until April, and unlimited broadband.

Would you say that is a good deal? Does anyone else have a better deal with a different supplier?

Thanks all,
Amie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
motormad
post Jan 15 2014, 11:49 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 592

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jan 15 2014, 10:31 AM) *
Hi Everyone,
Hope your all well, I have not been on here for a while, nice to see the same old people still at each others throats.... wink.gif

laugh.gif

Normally the best deals are to new customers only on those stupid leaflets. We have Virgin at our house (I don't use it) and I think that's £70 a month with sport and I believe unlimited broadband (or with a very high download limit).

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jan 15 2014, 12:56 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (motormad @ Jan 15 2014, 01:49 PM) *
I think that's £70 a month with sport and I believe unlimited broadband (or with a very high download limit).

ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Jan 15 2014, 07:53 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

Hi Everyone,

Question for you, hoping you can help. I pay £56 a month for my Sky on Demand which includes Kids/Movies etc but not Sport, half price line rental until April, and unlimited broadband.

Would you say that is a good deal? Does anyone else have a better deal with a different supplier?

Thanks all,
Amie

It all depends what you want of course, but we don't have a TV and just have broadband. We watch a bit of telly on iPlayer (and some on the ITV catch-up too) and buy the odd DVD. We don't currently have unlimited broadband and I think it would be cheaper to go for that - I think that would be around £25. Not having a TV also saves on the TV licence of course. The down-side is that there's stuff we can't watch, but in general it's not anything we miss.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Jan 15 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

Hi Everyone,

Thanks all,
Amie

I'm not sure if you are including the landline charge as that is normally on top of the broadband.

I pay for sky+ HD but without sport and BT unlimited excluding calls, about £95.00 a month. That includes the landline charge. I have had that package for quite a while so do not benefit from any 'new customer' deals. BT unlimited does give you free sports, email accounts and a high speed connection. 40mbs download and 8mbs upload. In the four years I have been with BT their service has been excellent with discounted upgrades and new kit.

The price you pay is less important in my view, than the service you get.

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Jan 15 2014, 08:19 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Jan 15 2014, 07:53 PM) *
It all depends what you want of course, but we don't have a TV and just have broadband. We watch a bit of telly on iPlayer (and some on the ITV catch-up too) and buy the odd DVD. We don't currently have unlimited broadband and I think it would be cheaper to go for that - I think that would be around £25. Not having a TV also saves on the TV licence of course. The down-side is that there's stuff we can't watch, but in general it's not anything we miss.

Beware to watch I-player I believe you need a licence - certainly if you watch any programmes as they are transmitted

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 15 2014, 09:40 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Jan 15 2014, 07:53 PM) *

As you may already know, "You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder."

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Jan 15 2014, 09:44 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 15 2014, 09:40 PM) *
As you may already know, "You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder."

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/

Yeah and they will know what you are watching. I doubt your ISP would give them that info.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 15 2014, 10:13 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Jan 15 2014, 09:44 PM) *
Yeah and they will know what you are watching. I doubt your ISP would give them that info.

No but someone who doesn't care for Simon too much might like to know though.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Jan 15 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (MontyPython @ Jan 15 2014, 08:19 PM) *
Beware to watch I-player I believe you need a licence - certainly if you watch any programmes as they are transmitted

You do indeed need a licence to watch live programmes on iPlayer (programmes available on iPlayer at the same time they are available over the microwave ether as it were), which I don't. You do not need a licence to watch everything else.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jan 16 2014, 12:42 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Sky and BT are good but they are pricey, Virgin are cheaper initially but rubbish and the price creeps up anyway.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jan 17 2014, 09:24 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

Just done a price compare and Primus seem to be the best (cheapest) deal around here.
Has anyone got any experience of this ISP?

+Quote Post
Claude
post Jan 17 2014, 10:16 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,574

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jan 17 2014, 09:24 AM) *
Just done a price compare and Primus seem to be the best (cheapest) deal around here.
Has anyone got any experience of this ISP?

Check out www.ispreview.co.uk, that may give you and the OP some useful info in case she wants to split her providers of phone, BB & TV.

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jan 17 2014, 10:20 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 44

Thank you for all replies. I think I will stay with what I have got as it seems a good deal for what I am getting,

Amie

+Quote Post
Gazzadp
post Jan 17 2014, 03:53 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,684

EDIT: Post edited and some text deleted, as it appears I may I have failed to reply within a certain time frame!

My apologies!

smile.gif

--------------------
Obnoxious possiby, VEXATIOUS definitely not.

www.notellingyou.not

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 17 2014, 04:05 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

It would seem, however, that AmieB is already committed for the time being.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:12 PM