> Newbury Cinema, Coming Soon Near You!
James_Trinder
post Jun 24 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 48

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 24 2009, 08:56 AM) *
I dont think I have ever seen a film with little kids whinging or crying inless i've gone to watch a cartoon, which therefore would expect it..... smile.gif

It's all the fault of the stupid 12A certificate, which replaced the PG and 12 certificates. Therefore your average 12A film is now like your average PG film used to be with mothers bringing in small children to watch action films and the like. It particularly makes a mockery of films that involve a lot of tension.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Road User
post Jun 24 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 38

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Jun 24 2009, 01:20 PM) *
It's all the fault of the stupid 12A certificate, which replaced the PG and 12 certificates. Therefore your average 12A film is now like your average PG film used to be with mothers bringing in small children to watch action films and the like. It particularly makes a mockery of films that involve a lot of tension.

The last film I saw that had crying kids in the theater was The Dark Knight/Batman movie. It was too frightening for small children and they didn't understand what was happening. Not really the film to take a four year old to but them some parents are idiots! Glad I didn't have to deal with the nightmares that must have brought on! So No it wasn't a cartoon it was an adult film. But then I have been to see cert 18 movies and have seen parents bring children in car seats.
I hate to think what those poor kids will be like when their older and have flash backs to the violent and frightening images on the screen..... blink.gif .

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 24 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 44

QUOTE (Road User @ Jun 24 2009, 01:27 PM) *
The last film I saw that had crying kids in the theater was The Dark Knight/Batman movie. It was too frightening for small children and they didn't understand what was happening. Not really the film to take a four year old to but them some parents are idiots! Glad I didn't have to deal with the nightmares that must have brought on! So No it wasn't a cartoon it was an adult film. But then I have been to see cert 18 movies and have seen parents bring children in car seats.
I hate to think what those poor kids will be like when their older and have flash backs to the violent and frightening images on the screen..... blink.gif .

Children in car seats.... unsure.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 24 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 24 2009, 01:44 PM) *

removable car bucket seats that you can carry around with you. You obviously never had kids. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jun 24 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #25

Guests

"The last film I saw that had crying kids in the theater was The Dark Knight/Batman movie. It was too frightening for small children and they didn't understand what was happening. Not really the film to take a four year old to but them some parents are idiots! Glad I didn't have to deal with the nightmares that must have brought on! So No it wasn't a cartoon it was an adult film. But then I have been to see cert 18 movies and have seen parents bring children in car seats.
I hate to think what those poor kids will be like when their older and have flash backs to the violent and frightening images on the screen..... . "

So an 18 year old with ID may be refused alcohol if people with him/her appear to be underage and have no proof, but babies and toddlers are being allowed into Cert 18 films?????

Surely not.

Oh and GMR your comment to Amie B wasn't very nice, she was showing her astonishment, which I share, not asking what a car seat was! In fact if you took the trouble to read her profile you'd see that she has a toddler of her own.

You want to be careful GMR making crass jokes about people not having kids could really upset someone, if it was true but they couldn't have children for medical reasons.

+Quote Post
Road User
post Jun 24 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 24 2009, 01:44 PM) *

Yes, those devices to prevent children from becoming missiles when travelling in vehicles. My friend bought one for her daughter so she could be sure her grandson would be safe. Theirs has a fixed frame that is permanently fixed in her car and the seat can be taken out and allows you to carry them around and put them in shopping trolleys or in my case cinema seats. Being a mother AmieB I am surprised you haven’t heard of them.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jun 24 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #27

Guests

QUOTE (Road User @ Jun 24 2009, 09:13 PM) *
Yes, those devices to prevent children from becoming missiles when travelling in vehicles. My friend bought one for her daughter so she could be sure her grandson would be safe. Theirs has a fixed frame that is permanently fixed in her car and the seat can be taken out and allows you to carry them around and put them in shopping trolleys or in my case cinema seats. Being a mother AmieB I am surprised you haven’t heard of them.

For crying out loud! angry.gif angry.gif

She knows what a chuffing car seat is.

She is amazed adults take their little ones to see 18 certificate films in them.

+Quote Post
Road User
post Jun 24 2009, 08:26 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jun 24 2009, 09:17 PM) *
For crying out loud! angry.gif angry.gif

She knows what a chuffing car seat is.

She is amazed adults take their little ones to see 18 certificate films in them.

Calm down dear it's only a forum...... wink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

Unfortunately I am no longer surprised by anything...... dry.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jun 24 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #29

Guests

QUOTE (Road User @ Jun 24 2009, 09:26 PM) *
Calm down dear it's only a forum...... wink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

Unfortunately I am no longer surprised by anything...... dry.gif

Well you aren't the first to jump down her throat today.

I suggest you read why people are typing what they are before having a go at them.

+Quote Post
Road User
post Jun 25 2009, 07:04 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jun 24 2009, 09:29 PM) *
Well you aren't the first to jump down her throat today.

I suggest you read why people are typing what they are before having a go at them.

Bill1 I am one of those people who can't have kids....... dry.gif

+Quote Post
Andrea
post Jun 25 2009, 07:42 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16

Bill, I think they were just joking around, not being serious and not meaning to be hurtful to Amie. tongue.gif

At least, that's what it seemed to me when I initially read them.

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 25 2009, 07:56 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 24 2009, 02:13 PM) *
removable car bucket seats that you can carry around with you. You obviously never had kids. laugh.gif

Duh, I knew what you meant. I was shocked that people do that.

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 25 2009, 08:01 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Road User @ Jun 24 2009, 09:13 PM) *

OMG i know what they are!!! I used one for my son. I wrote my post in saying that im shocked people take their babies to the cinema.

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 25 2009, 08:03 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andrea @ Jun 25 2009, 08:42 AM) *
Bill, I think they were just joking around, not being serious and not meaning to be hurtful to Amie. tongue.gif

At least, that's what it seemed to me when I initially read them.

They weren't joking, they just didn't read my post properly and felt the need to jump right back at me.

Thank you Bill..... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jun 25 2009, 08:25 AM
Post #35

Guests

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 25 2009, 09:03 AM) *
They weren't joking, they just didn't read my post properly and felt the need to jump right back at me.

Thank you Bill..... smile.gif

My pleasure.

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Jun 25 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 25 2009, 09:01 AM) *
OMG i know what they are!!! I used one for my son. I wrote my post in saying that im shocked people take their babies to the cinema.

The Corn Exchange once did special screenings for Mums with babies (not sure if they still do). Personally couldn't think of anything worse than trying to watch a movie with a room full of screening tots! blink.gif

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 25 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Jun 25 2009, 09:35 AM) *
The Corn Exchange once did special screenings for Mums with babies (not sure if they still do). Personally couldn't think of anything worse than trying to watch a movie with a room full of screening tots! blink.gif

Totally agree! My son doesn't sit still/quiet for 10 seconds, but if you were going to the corn Exchange particulary for that screening then you would expect it.

I dont know how the cinema allowed people in with babys in car seats - odd one to me.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jun 25 2009, 09:15 AM
Post #38

Guests

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Jun 25 2009, 09:35 AM) *

"Screening tots"? Were they showing the films or just starring in them? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Good Boy Racer
post Jun 25 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 22

The topics about the newely awaited Cinema... not about babies and missiles.

--------------------
"Quick, Hide something that looks like fun!"

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 25 2009, 09:52 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 25 2009, 08:56 AM) *
Duh, I knew what you meant. I was shocked that people do that.

You mean you knew what "he" meant as I didn't make the original comment. Anyway, I do apologise. I was just trying to be helpful.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:05 AM