IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Local Headteacher earns more than PM, Kennet and Trinity head earns £175k a year
spartacus
post Jul 31 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 221

QUOTE (DrPepper @ Jul 31 2010, 09:20 AM) *
Thank goodness there will soon be less of them.

Careful what you wish for.....

Y'know I'd love to know what some of the people on here did for a living and whether THEIR bosses really thought the sun shone out of their beam end, or whether in truth DrPepper and his ilk should also be thrown onto the scrap heap because they're useless...

Dr Pepper.... Does anyone actually DRINK that stuff??! bleurgh...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jul 31 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (spartacus @ Jul 31 2010, 04:37 PM) *

Y'know I'd love to know what some of the people on here did for a living and whether THEIR bosses really thought the sun shone out of their beam end, or whether in truth DrPepper and his ilk should also be thrown onto the scrap heap because they're useless...

Why is it that time and time again on this forum, instead of sticking to sensible debate, many posters have to get personal?

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jul 31 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #83

Advanced Member

I think most areas of the private sector have had severe cuts in their workforce and now it appears to be the turn of the public sector although on a smaller scale.

Perhaps they have been shielded from reality for long enough?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 1 2010, 08:35 AM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jul 31 2010, 09:35 PM) *
Why is it that time and time again on this forum, instead of sticking to sensible debate, many posters have to get personal?

But only when they are starting to loose!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 1 2010, 09:26 AM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I think the problem lies within statements like the one above. Too many people see debate and discussion as a win or lose situation, when it really shouldn't be.

+Quote Post
DrPepper
post Aug 1 2010, 09:50 AM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 776

It is a well know fact that Labour created way to many public sector jobs and these numbers couldn't be sustained. Whilst it's sad when anyone loosed their job, just because you are employed in the public sector doesn't make it any more tragic than a private sector worker - just tends to be higher profile.

My comment wasn't aimed at anyone in particular as we don't know who does what anyhow. Just a general comment expressing a (probably) widely held view that to many people have been having a easy ride at the tax payers expense. I guess time will tell how essential the 70 odd jobs that have been lost at WBC really were.....

+Quote Post
DrPepper
post Aug 1 2010, 09:59 AM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 776

Dr Pepper, very popular Coco Cola drink biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 1 2010, 10:49 AM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 1 2010, 10:26 AM) *
I think the problem lies within statements like the one above. Too many people see debate and discussion as a win or lose situation, when it really shouldn't be.

Quite so - but that would mean accepting you'd changed your view or even that you'd got it wrong. That takes a very big mind...

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 1 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 1 2010, 11:49 AM) *
Quite so - but that would mean accepting you'd changed your view or even that you'd got it wrong. That takes a very big mind...

Surely that is the whole purpose of debate?
If no - one ever changed their view as an outcome of debate then it and this forum are pointless.

My way of thinking has often been influenced by comments / debate on this forum and I don't mind admitting it.

I also accept that others have different (sometimes very!) views to myself but I do not resort to insult and derision because of it.

You have to respect other's views - it makes for an interesting and colourful society. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 1 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

I agree, my opinion changes due to posts on this forum. I have become more centralist!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:44 PM