> "...but" What?
Don
post Jun 18 2015, 03:35 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,556

Howdy all,

Has anybody read this week’s (18th June) Newbury Weekly News? Turn to page two and you will see a story called “Fined… for parking in a free car park claim”. I read this with enthusiasm as I got caught out in a similar situation. It ended with “Vehicle Control Services Ltd declined to discuss the matter, but” and there it ended. No turn to page such and such... “but”. But what? Was the reporter, and probably the Newbury Weekly News censored? Did the VCS take a junction out quickly and they, the Newbury publishing empire, hastily have to remove what they were going to say? Was this bad journalism? An oversight? Or just an April fool joke after its sell-by date? But, no, I quickly dismissed this as our boys and girls from, that great institution of journalism, are of the highest calibre. So I am left mystified and nonplussed.
Maybe somebody out there might be able to solve this conundrum so that this old fellow can rest in peace at nights, not having to worry about such trivial matters. Trust me, it was an interesting piece, and would have been an even greater piece if the journalist would have been allowed to finish it.
Don
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
admin
post Jun 19 2015, 02:41 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Folks, here's the missing words and the full story appears online tomorrow (Saturday).

'Vehicle Control Services Ltd declined to discuss the matter, but asked for any queries to be put in writing.

They have not yet responded to written questions.'

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:01 AM