Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Here comes UKIP
Turin Machine
post Oct 11 2014, 07:30 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,104

Speaking of course as a swivel eyed, closet racist, fruitcake. (Oh how they must be regretting those words)

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Weavers Walk
post Oct 11 2014, 07:33 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,234

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 11 2014, 07:28 PM) *
Can you please explain why they are racist?

Reading your post you implied that the BBC et al had demonised UKIP as being racist.
I merely asked if you were saying they (UKIP) had been or were being mis-represented.

I asked for clarification. Here's your big chance. Are you saying that UKIP are not racist and it's all been got up by the media?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 11 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Weavers Walk @ Oct 11 2014, 08:33 PM) *
Reading your post you implied that the BBC et al had demonised UKIP as being racist.
I merely asked if you were saying they (UKIP) had been or were being mis-represented.

I asked for clarification. Here's your big chance. Are you saying that UKIP are not racist and it's all been got up by the media?

A typical example of "BBC" Stereotyping was again seen just last night
Have I got news for you. UKIP get an elected member of parliament. Out comes a fake gun pointed to the temple by the host basically intimating the people of Clacton must be stupid.

It happens all the time and the more it happens the bigger the UKIP vote will be. People just don't get it.
I've no actual view on who I will vote for at the next general election. I have voted for the Conservatives and the Lib Dems before in the past and I could not vote for either party again.
In this area you'd be a fruit cake to vote Labour so who are you left with and who actually say's what most people think but are afraid to say for being afraid of being accused of being racist?

We still live in a democracy so lets see what happens. It's good to vote. more people should.

+Quote Post
Weavers Walk
post Oct 11 2014, 08:28 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Silly billy. The programme was recorded BEFORE the result was known. Yet you put it as though that happened AFTER the result was known. It wasn't.
Maybe your bias is showing.

However, you still haven't taken the opportunity to assure us that UKIP isn't racist.

Over to you....

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 11 2014, 08:40 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Weavers Walk @ Oct 11 2014, 09:28 PM) *
Silly billy. The programme was recorded BEFORE the result was known. Yet you put it as though that happened AFTER the result was known. It wasn't.
Maybe your bias is showing.

However, you still haven't taken the opportunity to assure us that UKIP isn't racist.

Over to you....

"The programme was recorded BEFORE the result was known."

Why does that make a difference? Its ok to judge people voting before they vote?

You sound like Ed Miliband and all the other political "Elite" by answering a question by ignoring it and asking another - Answer why UKIP Are Racist - please?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Oct 11 2014, 09:26 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Applying derogatory terms is an age old trick; deployed by those who can't justify their own position.

Personally, I don't agree with any limits or restrictions on immigration. What's wrong with free movement?

However, I can quite understand why many disagree; particularly when our existing politicians seem incapable of ensuring we have an adequate infrastructure to support this, in terms of living and employment.

From what I can see UKIP are simply in the 'we can't cope with existing numbers, so why let more in' camp.

That doesn't make them racist. Any more than it makes anyone who feels Newbury is now too overcrowded.

UKIP believe that we will thrive economically outside Europe, again I disagree, but can well understand their position. Particularly when our own Government think our engineers too thick to design nuclear power stations etc, and only European firms can do that.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Weavers Walk
post Oct 11 2014, 09:35 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 11 2014, 09:40 PM) *
"The programme was recorded BEFORE the result was known."

Why does that make a difference? Its ok to judge people voting before they vote?

You sound like Ed Miliband and all the other political "Elite" by answering a question by ignoring it and asking another - Answer why UKIP Are Racist - please?

Oh good grief.

You said " A typical example of "BBC" Stereotyping was again seen just last night
Have I got news for you. UKIP get an elected member of parliament. Out comes a fake gun"

When the gun came out UKIP had not got a member elected to parliament. You got it round the wrong way.

We are still waiting for you to take the chance to back up your original statement that somehow UKIP being racist was all got up by the media.

I simply gave you the opportunity to tell us for once and for all that UKIP weren't racist. Since then you've done nothing but prevaricate.

Fair enough.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 11 2014, 09:54 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Weavers Walk @ Oct 11 2014, 10:35 PM) *
Oh good grief.

You said " A typical example of "BBC" Stereotyping was again seen just last night
Have I got news for you. UKIP get an elected member of parliament. Out comes a fake gun"

When the gun came out UKIP had not got a member elected to parliament. You got it round the wrong way.

We are still waiting for you to take the chance to back up your original statement that somehow UKIP being racist was all got up by the media.

I simply gave you the opportunity to tell us for once and for all that UKIP weren't racist. Since then you've done nothing but prevaricate.

Fair enough.

Prevaricate? Pot? Kettle? LOL! - Why are UKIP racist? You won't answer my question. Are you an MP? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 11 2014, 10:16 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Oct 11 2014, 10:26 PM) *
Applying derogatory terms is an age old trick; deployed by those who can't justify their own position.

Personally, I don't agree with any limits or restrictions on immigration. What's wrong with free movement?

However, I can quite understand why many disagree; particularly when our existing politicians seem incapable of ensuring we have an adequate infrastructure to support this, in terms of living and employment.

From what I can see UKIP are simply in the 'we can't cope with existing numbers, so why let more in' camp.

That doesn't make them racist. Any more than it makes anyone who feels Newbury is now too overcrowded.

UKIP believe that we will thrive economically outside Europe, again I disagree, but can well understand their position. Particularly when our own Government think our engineers too thick to design nuclear power stations etc, and only European firms can do that.

Thank you. Someone sensible.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Oct 12 2014, 07:36 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 11 2014, 10:54 PM) *
Prevaricate? Pot? Kettle? LOL! - Why are UKIP racist? You won't answer my question. Are you an MP? laugh.gif

No one here is saying that UKIP are racist so there is no argument to make.

You however make the defing point of your support for UKIP that they are not racist. It's an odd way of promoting a political party, it's like an advert for a preparatory school saying "we won't sexually abuse your children".

Not being racist isn't much of an endorsement, and I'm interested now to see if it's true, so make your argument.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
user23
post Oct 12 2014, 08:27 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

This excerpt from a radio phone in on "what do UKIP stand for" is interesting:

LBC Phone In

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Oct 12 2014, 08:47 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (user23 @ Oct 12 2014, 09:27 AM) *

LBC Phone In

Rusty Bullet already posted it at post 19, but all the same it's worth listening to again.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Oct 12 2014, 09:26 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Weavers Walk @ Oct 11 2014, 10:35 PM) *
Oh good grief. You said " A typical example of "BBC" Stereotyping was again seen just last night
Have I got news for you. UKIP get an elected member of parliament. Out comes a fake gun" When the gun came out UKIP had not got a member elected to parliament. You got it round the wrong way. We are still waiting for you to take the chance to back up your original statement that somehow UKIP being racist was all got up by the media. I simply gave you the opportunity to tell us for once and for all that UKIP weren't racist. Since then you've done nothing but prevaricate. Fair enough.
QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Oct 12 2014, 08:36 AM) *
No one here is saying that UKIP are racist so there is no argument to make. You however make the defing point of your support for UKIP that they are not racist. It's an odd way of promoting a political party, it's like an advert for a preparatory school saying "we won't sexually abuse your children". Not being racist isn't much of an endorsement, and I'm interested now to see if it's true, so make your argument.
This excerpt from a radio phone in on "what do UKIP stand for" is interesting: LBC Phone In
QUOTE (Weavers Walk @ Oct 11 2014, 11:17 AM) *
Are you saying UKIP aren't racist and that they've just been mis-represented?

Are you saying they are; I infer you are? TD&H stated that the media attempted to demise UKIP; that is a fact regardless of whether they are or not. I think before we have a meaningful debate about this, we have to establish what a racist is.

As far as I'm concerned, officially, UKIP are not a racist party and while we can speculate, no-one has a right to claim otherwise unless they can back it up with facts. I suspect UKIP has a racist element, but I am confident all the main parties do too. Perhaps UKIP might have a higher quota of racist voters, but that also on its own doesn't make 'the party' racist either.

My hunch is that UKIP supporters resent the level of immigration, others resent what they see as EU interference and many enjoy having a relatively powerful party to vote for that is like voting for 'none of the above'.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Oct 12 2014, 09:40 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

LBC Phone In

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Oct 12 2014, 09:47 AM) *
Rusty Bullet already posted it at post 19, but all the same it's worth listening to again.

Except the link he posted was broken, which I was about to fix, but no need now.

+Quote Post
The Doctor
post Oct 12 2014, 10:38 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 8,962

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 11 2014, 10:54 PM) *

Incredibly unfair.

Looking back is was YOU who first said UKIP had been demonised as being racist by the 'media'.
You were immediately asked to confirm that they weren't. At that point you started to answer questions with more questions (not good form) and despite being given more chances have still failed to answer the original question. It is, after all, a simple yes or no answer.
So I'll take an opportunity and ask you once again for all of our benefits - after your original statement that UKIP were 'demonised' as being racist by the media, can you confirm that they're not?

Don't answer questions with questions, don't hum or haw, don't - as it says - 'prevaricate', man up, grow a pair and give us the simple yes or no answer. Are UKIP racist?

Oh, and Perkins pointing a gun to her head is more about her being a member of the LGBT community and her ongoing battle (in print) with senior members of UKIP than a judgment on racism.

+Quote Post
user23
post Oct 12 2014, 02:01 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Did someone say "A typical example of BBC Stereotyping":

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Oct 12 2014, 02:25 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Let's be honest, the phenomenon is nothing new. We saw the same thing happen when the Liberal 'revival' took place in the 60s and 70s, then the SDP in the 1980s followed by the LibDims. The coalition where some of the second division Tory wannabes can't be kept quiet with expected minor government roles just excaserbates the problem. The dogs will bark but the caravan keeps moving on.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Oct 12 2014, 05:40 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (The Doctor @ Oct 12 2014, 11:38 AM) *
Don't answer questions with questions, don't hum or haw, don't - as it says - 'prevaricate', man up, grow a pair and give us the simple yes or no answer. Are UKIP racist?

I'll ask you the same type of question then: are they?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 12 2014, 06:46 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

UKIP is a patriotic party that promotes independence: from the EU, and from government interference. We believe in free trade, lower taxes, personal freedom and responsibility.

UKIP believes in Britain becoming a democratic, self-governing country once again. This can only be achieved by getting our nation out of the European Union and reasserting the sovereignty of Parliament.

As a party we are unashamedly patriotic: we believe there is so much to be proud about Britain and the contribution it has made to the world. We believe that Britain is good enough to be an independent nation, trading and building harmonious relations with the rest of the world.

We believe Britain must get back control over its borders, so that it can welcome people with a positive contribution to make while limiting the overall numbers of migrants and keeping out those without the skills or aptitudes to be of benefit to the nation.

UKIP believes in promoting self-reliance and personal freedom from state interference. We believe the state in Britain has become too large, too expensive and too dominant over civil society.

Return Power to the UK

• A vote for UKIP is a vote to leave the EU and recover power over our national life.

• Free trade, but not political union, with our European neighbours. We are the EU’s largest export market: they depend on us for jobs - not the other way around.

• Binding local and national referenda, at the public’s request, on major issues.

Protect Our Borders

• Regain control of our borders and of immigration - only possible by leaving the EU.

• Immigrants must financially support themselves and their dependents for 5 years. This means private health insurance (except emergency medical care), private education and private housing - they should pay into the pot before they take out of it.

• A points-based visa system and time-limited work permits.

• Proof of private health insurance must be a precondition for immigrants and tourists to enter the UK.

Rebuild Prosperity

• Save £55m a day in membership fees by leaving the EU and give British workers first crack at the 800,000 jobs we currently advertise to EU workers.

• No tax on the minimum wage.

• Enrol unemployed welfare claimants onto community schemes or retraining workfare programmes.

• Scrap HS2, all green taxes and wind turbine subsidies.

• Develop shale gas to reduce energy bills and free us from dependence on foreign oil and gas - place the tax revenues into a British Sovereign Wealth Fund.

• UKIP will abolish inheritance tax. Inheritance tax brings in under £4bn - less than a third of what we spend on foreign aid. The super-rich avoid it, while modest property owners get caught by it. It hits people during a time of grief and UKIP will budget in its 2015 spending plans to completely abolish this unfair death tax.

• Make cuts to foreign aid that are real and rigorous.

Safeguard Against Crime

• No cuts to front line policing.

• Make sentences mean what they say.

• No votes for prisoners - that’s what losing your liberty means.

• Prevent foreign criminals entering the UK - by re-introducing border controls that the EU forced us to abandon.

• Scrap the European Arrest Warrant, which sends British citizens to foreign jails without evidence, just to answer questions - replace it with a proper extradition system.

• Remove the UK from the jurisdiction of the European Court of Human Rights.

Care And Support For All

• Open GP surgeries in the evening, for full-time workers, where there is demand.

• Locally-elected County Health Boards to inspect hospitals - to avoid another Stafford Hospital crisis.

• Prioritise social housing for people whose parents and grandparents were born locally.

• Allow the creation of new grammar schools.

• Make welfare a safety net for the needy, not a bed for the lazy. Benefits only available to those who have lived here for over 5 years.

Free Speech and Democracy

• No to Political Correctness - it stifles free speech.

• The law of the land must apply to us all. We oppose any other system of law.

• Teach children positive messages and pride in their country. We want to unite through better integration.

UKIP is a patriotic party that believes in putting Britain first. Only UKIP will return self-government to the British people.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 12 2014, 07:19 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

If you go to UKIPs website you see a mission statement stating what they stand for.

Try EASILY doing the same with other political parties.

A lot of people I know are very fed up with the political establishment. It needs a shake up.
Labour and the Conservatives think they have a right to rule. They don't. The people do.

I hope it's time for a quite "British" revolution.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:53 PM